Veteran but just like 22 years ago ...

Ana82's profile photo   09/12/2010 9:29 a.m.

Hello!!
I tell you the last.
Yesterday we spent the day with friends out there.
All normal controls and calculating the rapid before food according to hydrates rations.
At night, before going home, we decided to go to dinner at the bar of some friends.
My control before dinner was 126 (what a wonder!) So I calculated what I was going to dinner and click.
We were waiting for the dessert and I was already sweating and with the tongue and the sleeping throat (glycemia 40) ---- & GT; & GT;Sugar water ----- & GT; & GT;Glycemia 63 ----- & GT; & GT; a pair of tablespoons of dessert (with sugar) ---- & GT; & GT;Glycemia 107.
At the time I was already better.
Just to vent a little.
;)

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/12/2010 9:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Ana!
When you eat away from home and do not know what they will take to serve the dessert, put the insulin twice.The first dose when the first plate of hydrates arrives and the second, when the dessert arrives. It is the best in those meals of friends.
Kisses: d

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/12/2010 10:33 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ultra -granted insulins give us the option of injected even after eating.I always hope to have ended up injecting when I am away from home, unless I have it high, that I do it before.

Figaro_enf's profile photo
Figaro_enf
10/07/2010 11:32 a.m.

I say the same as the classmates.
Faced with the slightest doubt, you always have to click after having started, or even after eating, because in many restaurants, the food lengthens and takes a long time between dish and dish, being able to put us in a hurry.
Nothing happens because we have that day a peak derived from having punctured us after food, but it is better than not a low in full insulin apogee, than you whores, speaking in silver.

I am one of those who always punctuate after eating, I must go for other ducts instead of the esophagus ;-) and it takes a long time to empty my stomach, so if I get well to the food and click meBefore starting, I have a low -year -old low hour.But in restaurants I am cautious and I wait patiently with the ball in my pocket until I make sure that my glycemia "mattress" is enough for insulin to begin to work.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/07/2010 12:58 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I always picho after eating;At home because meals/dinners are fast and many times as/ceno only ... so 10-15 minutes will not change anything.
And out of home because I don't know the amounts that I am going to eat or if the dessert arrives I will be hungry (Juas, Juas).
Desserts are always of fat loads (fruit away from home little: shock :) so it is even better to prick after eating.

Doing this gives me an (illusion) feeling of a certain freedom, I have hydrates as (approximately) and according to what I see in the dishes.

It is still a mania of mine to which I have already got used to it and I am not going wrong at all

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/07/2010 2:56 p.m.

It is the good thing that the bomb and its blessed dual bolus have in which you can supply insulin in 2 parts, one part at the moment and another in the time that you program ...;)

Anyway, it is sometimes difficult to control everything, as if to be exact also eating outside, right? ... Sometimes we are too demanding ..: I the first, huh?

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/08/2010 3:34 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I am also getting used to putting the insulin in meals, half food or at the end, or in 2 parts like Velia, even if I do it without using the duals or squares of the pump ... I have not become accustomed.
At breakfast always 10 minutes after breakfast, but lowers me.
In the dinners, unless I am very fair I put it at the beginning of dinner, and I put the food in 2 times if the food is with legumes, half at the beginning and half at half an hour.
Outside the home, always after having eaten and in parts, I have eaten so much I wear, now as I put on ... because meals like say are long, and the wait despair, I spend it badly if I wear it and do notThey arrive ...
Anyway I in meals out of home do not success much.

anuski's profile photo
anuski
10/22/2010 5:45 a.m.

Anyway in meals out of home not successful much.

I never.:)) :)) :)) :)) :))
Especially now that so much jam and sweet for sauces are used.

I have thought many times to make dual bolus as if I had a pump, clicking twice (one half -meal, to prevent it from climbing a lot, and another one time to finish).But I am afraid just one thing;Forget or mess with both punctures.If I had a reliable system that allows me to be clear if I have punctured the first, both, or none ... Well, I would.But the fact of being further with my punctures and not always doing it when I feel at the table (as most diabetics do) makes my risk of oblivion up exponentially.

And if there is something that I have panic is to click twice ... it's terror !!Actually, I am afraid of these modified insulins of ultra -grape action.As you neglect or spend an unforeseen event that makes them begin to act and you have not yet prosecuted what you are eating ... ufff ... Date for fucking.As they say, the raisins more whores than Cain :)) :))

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/22/2010 9:06 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well here another one that is also clicking halfway or at the end of it, except if I arrive high.
And when I go out to eat out of home it is another song :)) :)), it is very difficult to succeed so depending on what I have asked I will put small bowling and I try not to load the food with too many hydrates but the fats always play meVery bad passes, so there is no choice but to measure yourself often and correct.All this with the pump is very easy, with the feathers there were too many punctures.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/22/2010 11:16 a.m.

Hehe, Grondullo, that's ... almost never :)).
With the pump you do not give extra punctures, even if you wear several insulin chute at each meal (an important advantage) and everything is recorded to avoid errors ... although it can also happen that there are dismissal, without going any further ... I thinkThat is the first time that happens to me, but on Thursday I did not put on the breakfast bolus: oops :: oops: I realized almost at 2 hours, what rage gave me.

anuski's profile photo
anuski
10/23/2010 5:30 a.m.

Hello, then comment practically the same.
I almost never put on the bolus before, I have already had several cartoons to plumme and step, I preferI leave it and in the end you do not eat what you thought and downspout to song.
That's why I also prefer to put the bolus when I have eaten.
If the pre is upper, then I put a part first and the rest later. I do not grind the dual bowling, I prefer the squares when I leave home to eat or are greasy meals, that outside the home they are usually almost all like that, although I try to avoid them, because then I said very bad and late to do the digestions or I ended up vomiting: Mrgreen:

Greetings!: D

Carmentxu's profile photo
Carmentxu
10/27/2010 4:58 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaaa, good
Yesterday I had an educator and I told her to put insulin after eating, especially when I'm going to eat outside, he told me to do it, the Saturday went to dinner at a Vietnamese, I put the insulin before as always, and when I saw the menuTasting, my mother, all puff pastry, and masses, rice, ufff one of hydrates ... I usually put 2 fast, but that day I put on 3, still gave me a little high, the next time then I will put it later
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
10/27/2010 7:51 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.