{'en': 'Colle problems?', 'es': 'Problemas en el cole?'} Image

Colle problems?

juanmadrid's profile photo   09/14/2010 8:30 p.m.

I have a 2 year old diabetic child.

Next year I already enters school and they are already putting impediments.

In the center there are no monitors or doctors who can take care of it.

What can I do?

Thank you!

juanmadrid's profile photo
juanmadrid
09/14/2010 8:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi how are things?
Well my son debuted three months ago and of course I don't finish school, but a week ago it has begun.At the moment it goes out to 1 and I do a control over the 12 things that I take care of me.I have spoken everything with her teacher and after all I have been lucky in this aspect because her husband is diabetic TB.But for them it is still a problem, I have taken the glucagon there but they are not responsible for pricking them if it happened (I hope that it expires in the refrigerator of the school) they would call the health center and us, but of course you think that those minutes areVery important and on which your child depends and when we want to get there I don't want to think about it.Impediments have not put me but either Pej have offered to do glycemia if one day I can't go.The truth is that it is a TB problem for them but since they have no obligation, their hands are washed.But I suppose that each school is a world but what is complicated tb I tell you because the father or mother is so small we have to be there, not counting that he does not make psychomotor skills that that will be another.We will try to take it as well as possible and I think that in these cases it is more humanity than something else a greeting

mariape's profile photo
mariape
09/15/2010 5:56 a.m.

I would try to look at other schools where so many impediments were not put.I understand that the teachers and managers of the school do not want to risk with the treatment of the child in case they do something wrong but it seems a bit irresponsible on their part that do not take care if they suffer hypoglycemia.After all, during the teaching hours, they are responsible for the child and must take care of him/her.

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/15/2010 11:06 a.m.

Teachers have no legal obligation to perform glycemias or put insulin ... but they have the obligation to take care of their children's health ... If you spend a hypo in class and do not take the appropriate measures they get into a good fuck.

Catalonia, Balearic Islands and the Basque Country made a regulation for the subject ... but remained in that, regulations ... in practice the problems are the same.

From Madrid there is this: http: //www.fundacionndiabetes.org/diabetesinfantil/rincon_carol/iniciatives/cam_novonordisk.htm

Here are several solved consultations on the issue of diabetes and school:

In my opinion, the only practical solution goes through the goodwill of the tutor, the dining room monitor and school management.
It is unfortunate.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/15/2010 1:01 p.m.

My son is four years old, and from the beginning I have also had problems, and that where I live is more or less regulated, I am going to school daily, several times, it is a frustrating situation, and you are right of a matter of humanity, but nobody cares, the fate of most people has made him not have problems in life, so they cannot put himself into our skin and less in children's.In any case, diabetes is a fairly unknown disease except for the "initiates", the majority of incorrect have four prejudices, and when they find out what it means to a child having diabetes they come out by legs, that simple.
If you read the answers given by the lawyer of the Diabetes Foundation, you will see that it is not true that there is nothing to do, simply at the legal level there would be much, much to do, why none of the entities or associations that represent us take letters inThe matter representing and attending the courts, reaching the Supreme or the Constitutional if necessary to protect these children?Will it be a matter of money?In my case and I suppose that in most parents, we cannot allow ourselves to spend a money, in something that would probably not solve the situation of our children, we fall as we can day to day, and let theTime, will grow and this will only be a bad memory, and those who come behind to rush as we have done at the time.Sad, right?This is what they will tell you to any association or entity to which you go, "is what there is", such a father or such a child is worse than you, it can be ... now if I tell you a thing of you depends on giving you, II know cases of parents, which has cost them time, a lot of effort, call many doors, endure threats and reprisals, but today they have the incredible nurse who serves her son at school (public).Send writings explaining your child's problems to the entire list of institutions that puts in one of the responses of the Diabetes Foundation does not cost money, provided we take it as a background race, they probably do not even answer us, I havePast, but something will remain, even if to vent, in short these issues are very personal ...
I wish you luck.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
09/16/2010 2:26 a.m.

I agree with Mornita in everything.
It is also obligation to put 1 grain of sand to solve this situation as soon as possible.

In certain municipalities of the Valencian Community the municipalities are paying the salary of 1 school nurse for the town's school.
In large cities there have been parents' initiatives, within the APA, so that paying 1-2 euros per month for school son, the salary of the school nurse could be paid. In some cases the initiative has come forward, in many others not.

A few months ago the Congress of Deputies approved this:
(pages 14 and 15 of the document)
No law proposition to improve attention in the school environment to children with diabetes and allergies to food and latex.

It contributes nothing, it is simply a proposition of law that urges the government to do something ...
This gives us an idea of ​​how far we are in normalizing a soooan situation.

As I always say, it is incredible that companies with more than 100 workers are forced to have medical service and in schools and institutes with 300-400 people (as little) there is no medical obligation of any kind.

But well, you have to be optimistic ... a few years ago, nobody imagined that all the cabbage were going to have at least 1 psychologist or psychopedagogue.

DiabetesForo
09/16/2010 4:26 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaa,
Hopefully the situation in the schools changes, I am hallucinated with how things are, more hallucinated I stay when reading that if the child has hypoglycemia, are not responsible?But well, in that case, the change of school, when the child is left in the school, the teachers have to take care of the child, they should put a nurse in the schools, it would have to be mandatory, just as there is a psychologist.
From here many encouragement to parents with children with diabetes, I imagine how hard it has to be, and the impotence of not being able to do anything, because I see that everyone wants to wash their hands and not make them responsible, I speak of the teachers, tosee if things are getting and what the thing changes
Greetingsssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/16/2010 4:54 a.m.

That situation is our day by day, since my daughter was debated with 4 years in children, her teacher opened the door of her classroom to enter and leave whenever I wanted but neck offered to do 1 glycemia and now that this is alreadyIn primary the maximum your teacher does is keep in 1 closet with 1 Red Cross 1 Bolsica that sends you with sugar, juice and pancakes.
When it comes to lunch, it is the one who is responsible for looking and if he needs sugar to take it as discreetly as possible because he is ashamed to see her.
The teacher of Physical Education has sent us 1 role to all parents to know if children have any sickness or ailment that prevents them from doing e.f, I have tried to explain how are the steps we take daily, to see what he tells me.
Of course my daughter eats at home, who was going to put the insulin?If the school did not make me more than a hypocaloric menu because that of weighing the food implied that 1 monitara would enter 5 or 10 minutes before, so that this 2 minutes supervising how the insulin is put the girl ... well, so many things thatWe would never end.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
09/16/2010 6:38 a.m.

I spend a link that can clarify some things a bit:

Link ... or = School

In short, legal vacuum.

Health

DiabetesForo
09/16/2010 9:13 a.m.

My son is now going to start school, he is not registered yet but I don't think you put problems, but from there they take care of something I doubt it, the problem is because they are small and do not even know how to talk and less detecting abassoon.

My son has gone this year to the nursery and as training he has served us a lot, and also in the nursery they are more pending especially for those first months that do not know how class hours with insulin will be affected.

And I do not say with the continuous day that they want to implement, there are if there is luck and put it in a few schools.

I can tell you about what we do during the nursery hours, of course I cannot tell you anything about the PQ school we have not had problems at the moment, I was already talking to them in their day and they said that without problems, we will see when I enroll.

But we are already anticipating that you eat this diabetes with potatoes, you just have to think that as they are older they take over them, it is a matter of spending two three years.

Take a school very close to your home, or work center to avoid a fat problem, and cross your fingers ..... I can't tell you more, this disease had to be prohibited in children under 6 years.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
04/01/2016 10:46 a.m.

Hello, I can say that I have had enough luck with the theme of the school, at first it cost us a little but more than anything because the teacher forgot to look at the sugar at the time that was told but since they have given himSeveral important hypos (hypos of 40) that luckily with sugar envelopes have been resolved, now they are much more pending, but also my daughter is the one that glymia is done, the teacher only looks at the amount to know if it is fine orNot because she still doesn't know.
Moreover, the director has called me several times to determine the time to look at him because it was quite complicated and it still is because we did not just adjust the doses in the morning and sometimes I was two hundred and peak as it does a hiccup.
She doesn't stay in the dining room so I wouldn't know how to tell you if they had struck me.
I believe that it is humanity that teachers have and the desire to be interested in the subject than anything else.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
04/01/2016 11:47 a.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

BufI guess I'm very lucky!My daughter debuted in nursery and in the school that goes there is a nurse.The teacher who has is diabetic and they control together, and her classmates help her .... We have fixed a guideline with the pediatrician so that insulin is punctured at breakfast and snack (which we are already).And for meals I have a weekly menu and we indicate the amounts you can eat ....
Before that, the ADC Association in Barcelona gave us the possibility of a talk at school and was very well received.Since it is ignorance that gives them insecurity to act.
Anyway, you could consider freestyle.That would facilitate the teachers to look at her periodically, just passing the reader.
It is unfair that these situations pass.They are children!
Good luck.

mogi's profile photo
mogi
04/01/2016 noon

What luck Mogi !!I would like the teacher or the teacher of my son to be diabetic !!Mother how lucky !!

I Freestyle for my son or even consider it, the very gross would take it away, if he sees me and already wants to tear it away .... he has to be older.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
04/01/2016 1:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.