Inject insulin

maravisa's profile photo   09/15/2010 4:28 p.m.

Hi: Sometimes when I inject the insulin, Sangro.Does anyone know if some insulin is lost with the blood and you have to inject any more unit?
It also happens to me that the area where I inject sometimes inflamed, red and hurts me, does anyone know how to avoid it?I always do it with hygiene and trying not to repeat place.

I have type 1 diabetes since 2005. Novorapid and Levemir according to what it does.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
09/15/2010 4:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't think bleeding is very worrying.Sometimes it happens to me (even sometimes I get an insulin droplet when I take the needle) but I don't think you lose so much to have to inject one more unit ... and the inflamed areas, if you don't repeat placeNot anything, maybe it is because you do not click correctly.Moratones usually get me (especially on my thighs) because, when I take my skin, I do not do it properly.Do you know if the times you inflame your puncture hurt?

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/15/2010 4:52 p.m.

I used to use a time ago for a while and suddenly it started to happen to me that after clicking on the lesson I put the area as if I just chopped a good mosquito (red and very inflamed).
My endocrine and my educator after seeing him told me that the Levemir gave me allergy and they changed me to the Lantus (with this does not happen to me).

The blood droplet, it does not usually happen to me ......
Greetings

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/16/2010 5:41 a.m.

Thanks to both of your response.I didn't know that some kind of insulin could give allergy.
There is no relationship between the puncture hurts and it inflates and reddes.Sometimes it doesn't hurt when I inject and inflame and vice versa.I will pay more attention when injected to better analyze what the problem is.:)

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
09/17/2010 8:26 a.m.

So, the same happens to you as Ana82 and it produces allergy.If you see that the thing is still the same, talk to your endocrine and see if it is possible to change the insulin.I hope everything is solved;)

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/17/2010 8:50 a.m.

When I went to the endocrine and the educator with the same symptoms as you, they told me "never in my life I have seen anyone who allergy this insulin,"
Maybe we are the exception that confirms the rule !!!;)
You will tell us what they tell you and how you evolve.
Greetings!

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/17/2010 7:03 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.