Insulin is not correct ... :(

marta_tipoI's profile photo   09/17/2010 12:08 p.m.

Hello to all sweets!

I have been watching this forum a lot and I was struck by a term that you use some bundles that is to say that corregiis the levels' is that my endocrine told me that if I ever put me in 250 I only click me two doses of insulin APP(which is the one I use before meals) but I have put myself in 400 and aleemjor I have punctured 2 or 3 or 4 and has not lowered me just anything ... I do not know if you click you that same dose?Or is it another term or if necessary always corrected?Well ... see if you can help me ..

thank you !!

marta_tipoI's profile photo
marta_tipoI
09/17/2010 12:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Everyone needs a different amount.Your endo should have explained what your insulin sensitivity index is.If not, you will have to find out by the trial-error method.
As orientation, here we handle the following formula to find out:
Divide 1800 by the total number of daily insulin units.For example, if adding the fast and slow units you put 40 units.Daily, divides 1800 between 40 and gives you a sensitivity of 40. If you get 60, the result will be 30.
That means you need an insulin unit for every 40 mg.of glucose you want to go down (in the first case) or per 30 (in the second case).

Let's go for the first case (the 40).Let's say you have a glycemia of 280 and want to go down to 120. 280-120 = 160.The blood glucose that "spares" to be well is 160. Divide that "leftover" (160) between the 40 that is your sensitivity index and it comes out 4. Well, you must put 4 units.of insulin.

All this is variable, depending on whether you have an insulin still active, or you have exercised (in that case put something less), or if you have eaten with fats and you can upload the blood glucose or have some infection (in that case something put somethingfurther)

I hope I had not bundled.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/17/2010 12:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.