{'en': 'Laser hair removal and diabetes', 'es': 'Depilación por láser y diabetes'} Image

Laser hair removal and diabetes

móntrial's profile photo   09/21/2010 5:23 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I go to you waiting for someone to have tried to perform photodepilation or dermodepilation being diabetic.I am thinking of doing it and on the Internet I have found some places where it is said that it is not recommended to diabetics due to healing problems and others.

I asked my endocrine and told me that he did not see inconvenient but that, in common sense, he would do it in a specialized center.

The fact is that this afternoon I have gone to a dermoesthetic corporation to inform me and one of the doctors said that I would need a consent of my endocrine and know exactly what kind of treatment I was using because insulin could produce photosensitivity.

Five minutes later he corrected everything said, since it seems that talking with a companion this other was treating insulin -dependent diabetics without any work.

I have consulted the prospects of my insulins (Humalog and Lantus) but in none of them I have found any reference to photosensitivity, but just in case I wanted to ask what your experience is about it, or that your endocrine have told you, in caseYou have raised it.

Thank you very much in advance,

Alice.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
09/21/2010 5:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Alicia,
A few years ago I made 3 laser sessions in English and armpits, I had no problem.Last year I changed my center and keep doing.I have a 3 -year -old contract, in which you can give yourself the sessions you need.They have never hit me because they are diabetic.
Since long of hair removal, the area is a bit irritated, but you give an aloevera cream and in a few days solved.
In addition I am one of those with super sensitive skin.
I do not see him inconvenient.

all the best

Aran's profile photo
Aran
09/22/2010 3:43 a.m.

I also give myself the laser in English and armpits and have never put any inconvenience, and I have never had any problem. That is, I agree with the previous comment.There and according to the skin, you have a pelin the skin irritated,But with a little Aloe Vera, solved.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
09/22/2010 4:36 a.m.

Hello:
I started with photodepilation (pulsed light) and no problem.
Then I went to the laser (it hurts more but no problem).
And as for irritation ...... to all the people I know are irritated their skin after each session and the next day it has already been passed (whether diabetic or not).
Greetings!

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/22/2010 6:37 a.m.

Thank you very much.The irritation does not worry me because obviously it is not something that happens to be diabetic, so knowing that you have not had problems, I get into the car with 100% guarantees.He supposed that there really was no problem, but the question was not left over either.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
09/22/2010 9:43 a.m.

Hello.
To my center they have attended diabetic people and have never had a problem, we follow them more closely, just in case, but inprinciple it does not have to give problems.
Non -diabetic people are also reddened (sometimes) skin.
Greetings!!

germainegoya's profile photo
germainegoya
10/08/2013 12:21 p.m.

I am also doing laser hair removal and I haven't had any problem either.Maybe the area a little irritated the first day, but that enters into normal.In any case, they always tend to do a test the first time a few days before the session in case you had allergy or something.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
10/08/2013 1:01 p.m.

Hello
I am also doing laser hair removal and there is no problem.Insulins are not medications of those who say photosensitive I talked to the clinic's dematologist and told me.

LADA's profile photo
LADA
10/09/2013 12:49 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

Hello girls I 5 years ago I did the laser hair removal in the armpits and just at that time I also raised the doubt, I went to many places to ask and just my cousin is a aestheticist and recently made a laser, I asked him and told me that inThe body was no problem, but because of "security" I did not make me laser in my face (I had not raised it just Axilas) the explanation it gave me, is that in case any reason I had healing problems caused by theDiabetes The face was the most sensitive part and could remain some brand but otherwise there was no problem.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
10/09/2013 4:57 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

I suppose that for boys it will be the same, more than anything for the different hair, I have told me something to do it with a "Alexadrita" brand machine or something, that they must be the best, I suppose it is laser, I have no idea andthat it was better from October because it is not good to do so and than the Sun.If anyone can contribute some light and recommend any site ???Thanks to everyone in advance.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/01/2016 9:07 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Hello good morning.Neither insulin nor oral antidiabetics are photosensitive, so you can shave without problems.But it is fine that they ask you to consult your endocrine; it is better to sin as prudents than otherwise.
I take advantage and tell you that Mesotherapy does affect.It consists of injection of various substances in the regions that accumulate fat.(Tag, thighs, gluteos, arms) is devirus, areas in which we administer insulin are subcutaneous injections, and alter the absorption of the insulon.
All the best!

LauDL's profile photo
LauDL
06/01/2016 10:38 a.m.

The unique centers are quite serious.

LauDL's profile photo
LauDL
06/01/2016 10:39 a.m.

Hello!I have become English and armpits with laser and without problem.I started doing them when I was not diabetic and when they discovered it I also had doubts about whether I should continue or not, but I commented on the center and the doctors and not any problem.This year I started with my legs and if it is true that the boiling is greater but what I do is use a lot of moisturizing cream later.

RocioLA's profile photo
RocioLA
06/03/2016 10:23 a.m.

30 años - DM1 - Debut Marzo 2014 - Lantus 7 - Novorapid 0 - 5 - 10

Hello, I started making the armpits in 2000 laser when I was not diabetic and now I am with the English and being diabetic in the same center and I have not noticed any difference and the laser girls 2000 did not put any paste either

maca's profile photo
maca
06/04/2016 6:09 p.m.

I have done it in Axilas, English and Bigotillo and no problem, in the clinic I saw a doctor and told me that there was no incompatibility, what I do recommend is that you go to a serious place and in which they have good machinesBecause the laser problem is that they burn or do it wrong.All the best!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/04/2016 8:11 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I have done it on legs, abdomen and back the photodepilation, as long as we have no complication is the same as others.
I had problems, but because I changed site and I brought me alive, I am very brown and did not graduate the machine well.Since they burned me they removed the announcement of the door photodepilation machine.
I am aware of the trial.If you want photos of what can happen when they burn you without problems, I put them, but when the trial ends.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/04/2016 8:58 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I see that there is no problem with laser hair removal, but does something happen if it is done with the free post sensor?

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/25/2016 3:42 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

sprinkle said:
I see that there is no problem with laser hair removal, but does something happen if it is done with the free post sensor?
With the Dexcom sensor that nothing happens.I have been shooting around him and he has remained so happy, I could not know if I could but I did it with photodepilation and it lasted as usual.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/25/2016 11:40 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Rociollinares I have recently made a session with the sensor on and nothing happened

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/26/2016 12:23 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Thanks @jconegar and @nigiri !!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/26/2016 9:55 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.