Novorapid and Levemir

maravisa's profile photo   09/23/2010 11:43 a.m.

I inject 15 units of Levemir before bed and novorapid according to what you eat and the physical activity to do, but it is usually 5 units.Novorapid at breakfast and 7 for lunch and 6 or 7 for dinner dinner.I carry with this type of insulin a little time and I cannot adjust the levemir dossis well.Cúanta and when you are injected.Could it be that I should divide the doses on morning and night?Thank you.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
09/23/2010 11:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My daughter has never used Levemir, but, from what I see in most of those who use it, they usually put it twice, tomorrow and night.
I think you must go to your endocrine and what he values.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/23/2010 2:21 p.m.

Very good,
My little girl was using a lighting until she was put on the bomb, and except in the honeymoon period, she set it up, tomorrow and night.According to me, its duration is approximately 12 hours, always depending on the units you put on but it peak between 4 and 5 hours, which I corroborated with Noe.

DiabetesForo
09/23/2010 4:36 p.m.

Levemir can be used in 1 or 2 doses.
It has the advantage that the dose more time lasts its effect, so that adjusting well can be passed with only 1 puncture per day.

In my opinion, with 1 dose you have to adjust the fast at meals very well but it is difficult that in the intercoming (postpandrial) periods the blood glucose does not shoot ...

Indeed peak, much less pronounced than Lantus but you have to try to avoid being somewhat just at that time.

What do you consider to adjust dose?What values ​​do you get to dinner?

DiabetesForo
09/23/2010 6:14 p.m.

Thank you very much for your answers about Levemir.
Adjust dosis I understand that it is to find the correct insulin units to be injected to maintain glucose values ​​within the range between 70 and 140.
I was injecting Levemir before bed and during the day I had a hard time adjusting the novorapid dossis to eat.Tonight I got half and now in the morning the other half.I will see how it results and tell you.
Yesterday before dinner I had 105, but after lunch I had to correct because I was in 211, so I injected 2 of Novorapid and at 5 in the afternoon I had a small descent to 52 that I surpassed with a fruits yogurt.This morning I got up a little high, 192, for the rebound effect, because also at 11 and 15 at night, before bed I had 49, I took a fruit juice and some whole wheat bread.
Thanks again for your support.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
09/24/2010 3:50 a.m.

Everything to get to dinner with less than 120 is fabulous and the levemir dose is correct ... if that is maintained for 1-2 weeks you have achieved almost perfect control.

Fast adjust is to have a postpondrial less than 140 and reach the next dinner also below that figure

DiabetesForo
09/24/2010 4:16 p.m.

I've reached dinner like a champion!:) With 104 and after exercising, in the morning, 167, yes in case the flies I have taken 5 gr.of sugar.Before lunch I had 132. I have passed with the wheel for dinner and I have climbed to 213, which I have corrected with 2 units.From Novorapid, this of unforeseen desires is a bit difficult to control!: Oops: .... Well, at least now I dare that a while ago I always ate and drank the same.
I will try to control better and see if I get two weeks in a row with good values.: D

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
09/24/2010 6:29 p.m.

Novorapid is an ultrastical insulin but unlike other commercial brands such as Lantus does not cover 24h.If it is true, it has great stability, which results in less incidence of hypoglycemia.

Personally it seems to me that the benefits in terms of quality of life and metabolic control are better with Lantus.

Perhaps your doctor or your endocrine should adjust treatment depending on basal blood glucose data, glyds profiles and that.

Greetings and I hope it helps you.

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/11/2010 3:25 p.m.

Novorapid is an ultra -granted insulin, I imagine that you mean let's let it be slow ...

DiabetesForo
10/11/2010 5:05 p.m.

In my view, the main variable to consider in terms of people's quality of life, is the number of hypoglycemia ...
There is nothing that, in the short term, lacks us more and influences therapeutic fulfillment.

That is why I think Levemir should be the first option in treaties with ultralent insulins.
In addition, of the rumorology about the glargine since last summer.

DiabetesForo
10/12/2010 4:32 a.m.

The endocrine has told me to be injected with a pray in the morning instead of the night because during the morning it was with the very low glucose level.I have caused it but at night I get a lot and I got to get up in the morning with 300 what had never happened to me, so today I will start injecting myself at night and putting less novorapid during the day, which is the bestHe goes.I tried to inject tomorrow and night but it has not worked well either, so I return to the beginning.
If I tell me the truth personally he or the endocrine serves me quite little.Maybe I have not been lucky but I think that after knowing about what diabetes is and represents and knowing the insulins, the only thing that remains is to be disciplined and have good control to ensure that we will have a good glycosylated hemoglobin and there will be no complications.It helps me a lot more help in this forum.Thank you.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
11/04/2010 1:05 p.m.

You are partly right ... Maybe you have not had luck with the endo that has touched you and you have not been able to connect enough.
But the endo, in type 1 diabetes, not only should see glycosylated hemoglobin or control notebook (glycemic variability).

It must take care of carrying the mandatory reviews (eyes, feet, kidney, cholesterol, blood pressure, thyroid, triglycerides ...)

Endo should see the patient as a whole and prevent possible complications;for example with cholesterol or blood pressure.

Try to change Endo.

DiabetesForo
11/05/2010 3:04 p.m.

Yes, I want to change my endo but I have no references of any, so I don't know who to change.This last time a different one attended to me because the one that touches me was not and it was not better, so I just think to have to go to the endocrine gives me a bad vault and I prefer to ask my head doctor to send me the analysis and the reviews of everythingThe rest, because I really do not see any advantage in the endocrine, it does not give me anything at all but quite the opposite.
To prevent cholesterol as healthy, balanced, fat and skim milk, a lot of fiber.I exercise daily, I drink a lot of water and control that the level of glucose in Sagre is in good values ​​according to my level of physical activity, which eats and what injects me of insulin.What else could an endocrine tell me? ...

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
11/07/2010 5:06 a.m.

Hello everyone ... I'm new to this ... I have been 3 days of having started injecting insulin ... I have a restlessness ... the doctor ordered me insulin to hold 15 a and that is what I started injecting and I don't feelNo effect or decreases the glucose that I measure with the glucometer. My EPS has also given me insulin novorapid, is it the same?or should I change it? Please collaborate

jugaleano's profile photo
jugaleano
07/29/2013 3:22 p.m.

Hello for @jugaleano and welcome to the forum;I will tell you that Novorapid is a fast insulin (as logical, his name refers to it) and it is the one that "his work" is not to allow what we eat, climb excessively (we have to "work") to get the dose or units ofN rapid that suits you) you will do that along with your Dr .;Detering is the "basal" or slow insulin that will cover you the day or almost (I do not know your duration time) and thus, continue fighting, because diabetes is a disease for the vaientes and, you?You are one more in this "family";Good luck and encouragement !!: -H

ani's profile photo
ani
04/25/2016 8:30 p.m.

The novorapid gets before meals, according to hydrates rations.The bill is put at night, to cover all day, but that insulin does not usually last 24 hours and usually put every 12.
Now there are other basal insulins that last 24 hours.
Try to see if, as the doctor told you, you manage to get up with good values, it depends on the dose of detection. It can be climbed one in one unit until you get good controls when you wake up,.
Are you treating you an endocrine?
Do you have a nurse -Educer?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/26/2016 3 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Maravisa I use a levemir in two doses.6 at night and 2 in the morning.It has action for about 16 hours, but they are not cumulative so they advise you to put them between 10-12 hours apart.
I get good glycemia before each meal (85 normally).In fact I have to lower the night because I have many unforeseen hypos.
Before I had Lantus in a single night dose and I was also going well in my first year of diabetes.Last Friday the nurse told me that in my next appointment they would change to Improved Lantus that remains about 35 hours with which the number of punctures is reduced.

@jugaleano If you just debuted it will take a week to regulate, so you do not see the effects.You will also be on a honeymoon with what you will have to lower the dose of the levemir and perhaps get quickly on the main meals (1 units) if you reach the food with more than 140. Those were the guidelines that gave me last yearWhen I debuted.Do you have educator@?Do you get your endocrine good?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/07/2016 1:29 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.