Avocado

Jorditel's profile photo   09/23/2010 5:07 p.m.

Hello, does anyone know if the avocado can raise the glucose level a lot?It is because I ate avocado salad once and, when measuring the sugar two hours later, I was very high but I am not sure that it is for the avocado ...

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/23/2010 5:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It does not affect me too much, for what I see in my table has 5.9 hydrates per 100 grams, so unless you eat a kilo .... :))

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/23/2010 5:13 p.m.

Yes, before I have looked at a list of relationships between grams and hydrates of each food and made me a ration of avocado are about 250 grams, so it is difficult to happen to me :)) Anyway, I suppose it would be for something else.Anyway, I will try again and so I will leave doubts.

Thank you very much for answering, Prado;)

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/23/2010 5:48 p.m.

Wow, I am late for this issue ... I am that I a doctorate in your day in avocados (several months in a row, having a day and day also an avocado with oil and salt ... Ummmmm, how rich)
You should not upload almost anything, just, perhaps, delay the effect of other hydrates.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
09/24/2010 7:28 a.m.

I will take it into account Juan Luis, thank you very much for answering: D

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/24/2010 9:05 a.m.

According to the information that I have gathered, avocado is one of the recommended foods for low weight diabetics, as they are hypercaloric and rich in beneficial fats at the cardiovascular level and at the same time, they have a low glycemic index (always in moderation)...

Luiggi 11's profile photo
Luiggi 11
04/19/2017 12:36 a.m.

Hello!!!I am pregnant, and I am type1 diabetics since 2005. I have a terrain with avocados and I had never given me for taking both avocado and now .. I assure you that it does not influence so much because in the morning I and alejor 1/4 of avocado with bread,And at night I usually eat half avocado ... and it affects me in excess.
Take advantage of it is very healthy: p.
In question of the salad ... look if I had basalmic vinegar .. That if I get a barbarity ... I have taken it at all.
Greetings =)

Ágora Suárez Sánchez's profile photo
Ágora Suárez Sánchez
04/19/2017 2:14 p.m.

I also removed the balsamic vinegar.I am doing the avocado very well, with very chopped garlic, lemon, salt and I love it.I could eat it at all hours.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
04/20/2017 10:21 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Every day as with avocado and glycemia does not rise much, what I have noticed is that the balsamic reduction can be the culprit of some rising peaks, nahhh lemon and olive oil and holy remedy

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/20/2017 11:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.