For my last hypoglycemia I dropped here ...

Barkuti's profile photo   09/25/2010 5:44 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I have had another precious one of those whoms to those that I am so amateur.And I have come to plug the computer after having zampado a beer, a slice of bread, etc.The first thing I've put in Link , diabetes "detectHypoglycemia "… ...
And the truth is that it is already worth it, after almost 14 years (type I since Christmas 1996), hypoglycemia are still my particular nightmare: Evil :.When some symptom (miracle!) Ok, but when not, BuF, they will have to take out a glucometer that marks low 0 :)).And a scare bonus for the family.I recognize it, I am one of those "meticulous" with the glycemic control, which in the end the only thing they get are glycemia curves type "roller coaster" :))
And Weno, I don't want to roll up now, that I have already thrown the tank.I will try to pass me from time to time and take a look from time to time, to see what is cooked.: Mrgreen:

Greetings

Barkuti's profile photo
Barkuti
09/25/2010 5:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Barkuti, tell us something more about what treatment you have and so on.
Maybe we can throw you a little hand.I see that you have experience, but you know, sometimes the trees do not let us see the forest.

Welcome to the club.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/25/2010 5:55 p.m.

Hello,

Well, use Lantus, an injection up to date with food (today: 27 units, "maybe" I have passed).And Humalog for meals.I do not carry strict control of the diet because I always play the dose, but the truth is that sometimes it is done uphill.Yesterday I used around 8-8-3-6 distributed at meals (I got up hyperglycemic), with 24 units of Lantus.And today with "inexplicable" 339 mg/dl postpandriales food, I put 7 units.to compensate for barbarity while memorizing "snack something light 2 hours later."But the snack fell into broken bag :))
My problems are that I tend to early morning hyperglycemia - tomorrow (with 21-24 units. Lantus).The fabric is that if I use more doses I can avoid hyper at dawn but then in the afternoon the thing goes p'abajo.I take a vitamins supplemented with chrome.

What alternatives do you propose to the unique injection of Lantus?In the past I was already using 2 x lantus and also 2 x Levemir.

Salu2

Barkuti's profile photo
Barkuti
09/25/2010 6:42 p.m.

Good Barkuti, if you can give us some more data like insulin you get etc.What does your endocrine tell you?

david29's profile photo
david29
09/25/2010 6:43 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Let's see if we can help.

From the outset, if you are usually tall at dawn, you can try to wear the Lantus at night.Thus the maximum peak would match you at that time.

I think you should control the diet by portions.It is the only way to eat adjusting insulin well.That does not mean that you have to be rigid with the diet, but to know exactly how many rations of shots and how much insulin you need for each ration.

I spend a great website to guide you: Link ... ion/05.htm

If you control all this and you have already tried everything without result, I think you should think about putting an insulin bomb.Check it with your endo.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/25/2010 7 p.m.

Hello!It seems that the Lantus does not last 24 hours and that you need more doses for that. It is to do the maximum peak at 5 am, so it can be good to put it in the morning.My daughter puts it at 11h and is doing very well (the peak solves it with the food) and thus could increase the dose to last 24 hours, and eliminate the night hypos (superimportant)
Let's see if you can fix it so because, once the lantus is adjusted, it is a very comfortable treatment: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/26/2010 8:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I also use Lantus and I also have hypos at night.They told me to put the lantus at 2:00 pm but later they changed it at 5:00 p.m.Dinner at most) and to see if I can avoid the blissful hypos ...

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/27/2010 9:25 a.m.

Hello!
Well, yesterday, I already delayed the Glargina at 9:30 p.m.
Morning, from 06:31 to 08:55 it dropped me from 111 to 92 mg/dl.Last tad, or I would have to go to bed with a margin of about 8 mg/dl for every hour to sleep (more or less, huh?).
This stable morning, and has already begun to be noticed decline at 14:00 in front.Let's see if it gives me less problems.

Salu2

Barkuti's profile photo
Barkuti
09/27/2010 12:46 p.m.

Welcome, Barkuti.
I do not know if I have read well but it seemed to understand that you would vary as I do not know what criteria the amount of lantus you put on.If so, you may try to adjust the basal (lantus) (the body takes a time to assimilate the changes, so it is very important that when you increase or decrease units, you maintain them a few days, before re -modifying the pattern).When you have managed to have an adequate basal you must start adjusting the rapid insulin units of the food and as Alea says, knowing the rations and the glycemic index of food will help you a lot to make a mistake less in the supply of rapid I nsulin.And as last and of course for me, the best option, there is the request for an insulin pump.It is also indicated in people who have undetected hypoglycemia, and serious hypoglycemia.
Ask what you need, that we know a few.Ah, I recommend that you go through the thread of bombs and take a look.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/28/2010 4:20 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

You don't say what glycosilada you have.But as you have said that you are "meticulous" and you have also talked about "roller mountains" glycemic, I am inclined to think that your hem is very tight.So if so, I would recommend you upload it slightly.It has been shown that below 6.5% there is no significant improvement in reducing complications, but exponentially increases the risk of hypoglycemia, and also of serious hypoglycemia.That is why in some cases such as the ones I comment, they are prescribed that they slightly raise the stockings so that on the one hand, they reduce hypoglycemia, on the other they recover the symptoms of Hicm (which you also mean having lost in part) and on the other, they improveits quality of life (by eliminating those days with glucemic saw teeth).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/01/2010 4:26 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

In any case, welcome to the forum!

It has our support for what we can contribute.

Greetings,
Fer.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/21/2010 2:30 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.