{'en': 'Glucose drop without reason', 'es': 'Gota de glucosa sin razón'} Image

Glucose drop without reason

tamara4's profile photo   09/23/2024 10:55 a.m.

Hello, I have been having inexplicable and meaningless drops at night or at the time of being on the sofa watching the TV, that is, it seems that it happens to me at rest although at night it is much worse, I tell you, II can lie between 180 and 250 I have tried everything, about 10 or less and at 12;Low, always lower than when I go to bed I have already tried everything I have lowered the slowNight and for the day very little and I always seek 5 hour before bed, the biggest problem is that it goes down and goes down and does not correct until I start moving as soon as I get up, it is the time I start to rise to me, and breakfastAnd more or less stay well but when I feel to rest it goes down more, although for the day it is more controllable I suppose that because as more often, I know it is something inexplicable at least for me, I have spoken to my doctorof header but the only solution that has given me is that I take the controls for a while and that I already wait for my appointment with the endocrine, that is, I am very worried because I think that I will surely have something in my organism that is causing meThis situation something that torments me the truth, in addition to practically not sleeping pending that I do not get the glucose too much, because I have no way of controlling, I am having a very bad thing, well, well to see if someone could give me a bit ofLight although I think the issue is difficult, thank you very much in advance

Now I am with 22 of Lantus before I had 34 and fast from 2 to 6 depending on the hydrates (about 35 years of diabetes)

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
09/23/2024 10:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am quite more rookie, because I am going to meet my first year with insulin.

I don't know if you use a sensor or if you continue with the strips.

But it seems to me that the proportion between slow and fast insulin, you have it very unbalanced.
From what I have read and from experience, the amount of one and another is usually similar.It should even be a little more fast than slow.

I at the beginning 18 slowly and 22 or more quickly per day.Now I'm on 10/12

At first to put on the sensor I spent like you.Very high at night and go down when you wake up.I went down the slow (2 in 2) until the nocturnal hypos disappeared.

Of course I also had to adjust the other.

I also have to say that I have taken a long time to get balance well.

I hope someone with more experience clarifies it better

Grati's profile photo
Grati
09/23/2024 1:56 p.m.

Thanks grati for answering, I have always become much less quickly than slow, but well we already know how this diabetes is each one has theirs hehe

tamara4's profile photo
tamara4
09/23/2024 6:34 p.m.

Yes, each is a world.If I am doing something that requires physical exercise and relaxes me, I don't lower me, but as soon as I feel .... Bajon.If I have to rush and stressed, go up.They tell me that adrenaline affects me a lot.And that, each one a world.

lolasr's profile photo
lolasr
09/24/2024 4:44 p.m.

@tamara4, there are rare seasons .. You say you don't fix it slowly, but you will have to keep going down if not the hypos will continue ...
If you have a sensor, check the hypos with glucometer, which may not be real.
I do not think you have to worry, it may be that you have the quieter hormones ... I would go down slowly and check with glucometer, and it would be very calm .., I like the hypos much more than the hyper ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/25/2024 6:38 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

That happens to me too, but I think it depends on the position you put on the sensor.Have you tried to compare with a finger measure to check if the sensor is not wrong?

ToniEC's profile photo
ToniEC
09/25/2024 10:10 a.m.

Lantus produces a peak of action at 4 hours, that is, a downturn.Try to change the time.
If you use slower than fast, you have to eat more or less the same hydrates at the same time because you have a lot of active insulin.We usually use faster and less slow, but it is not a guideline, each one has theirs
Basically you have plenty of Lantus.The amount to be used is one that keeps you stable between hours, not just waking up.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/25/2024 10:34 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@tamara4, Lantus is better to put it in the morning, to avoid night hypos.
If you see that it does not cover you 24 hours, you can change Toujeo, flatter and more durable than Lantus.
Toujeo is replacing Lantus, precisely because he avoids hypos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/26/2024 4:48 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.