{'en': 'Sweeteners and sugar', 'es': 'Edulcorantes y azúcar'} Image

Sweeteners and sugar

Consu's profile photo   09/28/2010 4:44 p.m.

I wanted to comment on something, to see what you think.

The sweeteners, in quantity, are harmful, and if all the things we eat are without sugar, this means that they carry sweeteners and we put a lot of this chemistry, is that good?Who confirms it to us?nobody.

We can eat sugar, they are hydrates, as you know, and it is simply to look at the amount that is eaten.

For example there are 40 grams of hydrate at breakfast, 40 at food and 40 at dinner.I want to say that we try to eat less with chemistry.I alternate sugar cookies, gullón, with the other golden sailors, which are 6 at breakfast.I think we have to be careful with so many sweeteners, that I say again and forgive, they are not good.How heavy Soyyy.

What do you think?

Today I started communicating in this forum.Thank you.

I am Consu, a 52 -year -old mother and an 8´9 hem, too much.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
09/28/2010 4:44 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

I have read that there are not many studies that demonstrate that the consumption of sweeteners really put health at risk ... Anyway, I have also read that there is a sweet leaf plant called Stevia that is also used as a substitute for sugar and it isnatural... :?:

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/28/2010 6:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Consu, the theme of the sweeteners would be very long.There is a lot of myth with what are harmful.
Indeed, they can be in high doses, so high that I don't think anyone can take them.
The same could be said of many other things.In this life, everything is a matter of being reasonable and using common sense.

As for taking things with sugar, that is a privilege of those who use insulin.Counting hydrates and applying the necessary insulin, without problems.But I tell you the same as with the sweeteners: all with measure.An ice cream is good.Twenty ice cream, nonsense (for diabetics and not diabetics).

Anyway, the most important thing is to learn as much as possible about how the organism itself works in the insulin, exercise, rations of hydrates, fats, diseases, stress ...

And in that we are all.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/28/2010 6:56 p.m.

I read in some post and read it again that some use a sweetener named Stevia.
I don't know him.Where can you buy?
Thank you.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/29/2010 7:30 a.m.

Hello family!On the Stevia, I will tell you, in a Garden de Girona I bought two floors, and dry the leaves.But I am honestly a bit reluctant, because doctors make you have doubts.It must be for commercial interests.In Sudamerica it is very entrenched, and there have been no problems.
From time to time I make myself an infusion, I do not notice changes in anything, it is good, that should be consumed instantly, not to leave it for later or the next day, at least I do so ,.Sweetener the milk and take it alone..They sell the already dry leaves, boats with the crushed leaf ... little by little it is increasingly opening to the market.If it is good for the diabetic, I hope that healing of the approval, that they say it at once. What are they waiting for?
ID asking in herbalisms of buestra city, or when you leave.You will surely find it.
Take care of a lot of Adeuuu;)

Consu's profile photo
Consu
09/29/2010 8:10 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

My daughter takes Stevia powder.It has a very natural flavor and a tremendous sweetening power.
In our case, it has been a gift from a South American friend, who sent it to her country.There is very common and also nothing expensive.
Here's in herbalists, but I don't trust.I think he is not so pure and, he is also very expensive.
I will continue to investigate, to see where to get one that is reliable, because my daughter loves.If I find it, I will put it in the forum.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/29/2010 9:10 a.m.

Alea, the one they sell in some trees, comes directly from South America and are trusted, if it is expensive, but you will see, I say it to everyone, how will the day that will be cheaper will come.As I have read, Cocacola is in project that Stevia puts it, and other food companies too, hopefully.The first thing is a crash, because it is very sweet, I do not like coffee with coffee, but you get used to it and yes, it is very good, on one occasion I made rice with milk and stevia, and the truth was not bad.Well, let's have patience.Maybe if we encourage him, he will reach someone who interests him, and another business, but "I think" that interesting and necessary for everyone.Thanks and greetings.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
09/29/2010 3:34 p.m.

I bought Stevia in a herbalist, but it is liquit, a very small bottle about 10 euros, I have used it very little, only with the yogourt, and sometimes I forget that I have it in the fridge and I put liquid saccharin.

Nube's profile photo
Nube
09/29/2010 3:41 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Cloud and everyone is best Stevia powder, a little sweetens a lot.
Adeu.We will get it;)

Consu's profile photo
Consu
09/29/2010 4:07 p.m.

Regarding Stevia, they also decrease glucose levels.
I have begun to take it in infusion that I do with dry stevia leaves.
I will tell you how my controls are going.

antoni's profile photo
antoni
10/08/2010 12:06 p.m.

Hello,

This is an interesting topic.

Regarding sweeteners:
- There are studies that say that saccharin+ cyclamate can favor cancer development.
- On the other hand, nothing is said of the aspartamo , but not because there are studies that say that it has no harmful effects, but because there are no studies.

The theme of stevia .Nowadays it is more or less easy to find in herbalisteria.At home I have dry grass for infusion and liquid to use as sweetener.I also have stevia concentrate pills, but they are not used as a sweetener, if not as a herb that favors digestion, stomach swelling, which helps control glucose levels by decreasing the necessary amount of insulin ... the only problemThat I see with the Stevia is that it is very expensive, although it is also very concentrated with which you need small amount.And you can also cook at high temperatures.

Another natural sweetener is the sirope of agave .It has CH, but it is natural (not like white sugar).The glycemic load it has is lower than white sugar, although it is true that you have to control it more than if you put an artificial sweetener.And its glycemic index is also lower, 65. I have begun to use it especially for cooking pastry as biscuits and muffins, which I take at breakfast and for now I have not had great climbs.Today, for example, I got up at 87 and at two hours of breakfast I was 111 (for breakfast I have had a coffee with milk, a toast with butter and sugar jam, and a cupcake made by me with agave syrup instead of sugar).Another important factor of this syrup is that you need half that sugar.That is, if 200 gr of sugar is needed in the recipe with the syrup is 100gr or even less.Ah!This is difficult to find a bit expensive.I found it in the English Court dietary store and a 250 GR boat cost 3.5 euros.

Another that also says that it is very good is the Syrope of Arce but I have not tried it yet.

Allah, what a roll I have released!hehe!

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
10/09/2010 8:32 a.m.

Consu .... I don't know what type of diabetic you are, I am of type 2 and the advice of my nutritionist sugar as such is not included ... only the one we eat with the fruit ... I use the stevia and meThe glucose is not absolutely uploaded to me and after you adapt, because it has a different taste to common sugar, you do not feel big difference ... I live in Italy and I find it in supermarkets in the part where the sweeteners sell ...

nury's profile photo
nury
07/25/2016 4:32 p.m.

People!
Stevia is the best, since it does not carry cyclamate (that there are several websites that say it is the worst), or dextrose, or xylitol (typical chewing).
In Mercadona you have Stevia powder, boats and envelopes, and it is nothing expensive, a 200g boat I think they are 2 euros and it gives you, in my case, for months of coffees and yogurts.
Salu2222

JimmyOlsen's profile photo
JimmyOlsen
08/24/2016 10:46 p.m.

jimmyolsen said:
people!
Stevia is the best, since it does not carry cyclamate (that there are several websites that say it is the worst), or dextrose, or xylitol (typical chewing).
In Mercadona you have Stevia powder, boats and envelopes, and it is nothing expensive, a 200g boat I think they are 2 euros and it gives you, in my case, for months of coffees and yogurts.
Salu2222

The Stevia is ... the most expensive, we must not see that in this or that web say that something is "the worst" because it is not true.How example many websBetter is the one you like the most and the worst the one you like least

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
08/25/2016 12:16 a.m.

Thanks Fer.Hello everyone!.
After so many years here I am again.Fortunately without complications.The only thing that has changed is that of the four insulins that put me, now they are two-
To what I am going ... I stopped taking Stevia, because I found her very strong and started drinking some tablets that carry cyclamate, saccharin and torrent, I do not say the brand, it is very famous.I did it for the taumatin.I have searched for all boiling, they have no idea, and online, they sell it in large quantities, for industries.
I would like to know if anyone knows how to get it.They say that it is very similar to the Stevia, with a jackal, and that it is the sweetest known in the world in addition to natural, because it comes from a fruit.

Greetings and forward !!!

Consu's profile photo
Consu
09/09/2016 1:05 a.m.

Hello, I am new in this forum but my comment about ls summarizes I take it in pills such as saccharin, and in dust, Ho liquid, you can find it in the Mercadona Ho great suits.

barki26's profile photo
barki26
09/11/2016 12:29 p.m.

I sometimes use the Stevia in 2 ways that is in dust and the leaves that are more natural, in general I have not had any problem with it, but the most advisable thing is to try to avoid the sweeteners as much as possible.

Hilda's profile photo
Hilda
09/19/2016 7:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.