Morning hyperglycemia

Jorditel's profile photo   10/02/2010 1:22 p.m.

Hello everyone, I go to you because I suppose I am not the only one to which this has ever happened and wanted to know if someone can guide me.I have been raising high for a while almost every day.I have tried several things, I have spoken with my endocrine and my educator and I still do not know the hyperglycemia.Normally, the values ​​that I have around 250 (although today I woke up at 350 or so).I am almost convinced that they are nocturnal hypoglycemia that give me without realizing it (because sometimes I wake up when it gives me a hiccThat is why, the values ​​would be more than 300 if it were the "rebound effect" after hypoglycemia and my educator is not sure to deny hypoglycemia or affirm that they are the cause but the only thing that proposes to me is that theSlow insulin if I see that I keep waking up and that I go to 190 ... I have tried to get off and get the slow without any result.A few days ago I changed it time: now I put it at 4:00 p.m. so that the peak matches dinner and thus inject less units.Last night I injected seven units less [and that I had a sandwich (5 portions of bread) of potato tortilla (2 rations of potatoes), which usually uploads the sugar quite a lot] to try and at two hours I was 149.I drank half juice (since my educator told me not to drink a whole juice before sleeping) and I went to bed.Well, as I said before, I have woken up to more than 300 and I don't know what to do ...

They also told me to measure the sugar some morning (about 3:00 or 4:00) but during the week I am very tired and I have problems with the alarmrs (I do not usually hear it if I have not rested correctly :))), soI had planned to wake up the early morning of Saturday and Tuesday but this morning I haven't even heard the alarm, so I will try again ...

Well, after all the rollazo, I leave it and see if someone knew how to guide me or whatever ... thanks in advance;)

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
10/02/2010 1:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I can only advise you with the theme of the alarm.

I put out of your reach.If you can turn it off from the bed, you will do it, so it is best to have to walk a few steps to take with him.That will give you enough to wake up at all.

I feel it will not be more help, greetings,

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/02/2010 1:29 p.m.

With 149 half juice?: Shock:
By the way, potato tortilla has a fairly delayed effect (at least it is our experience).When you were mediating, all HC had not taken effect, s ingested, that plus juice, it can be the cause of those figures.

I think it is essential that you measure a few days at 3 or 4, so you can know if you need to contribute before dinner or not, or if you truly have hypoglycemia.
It is an effort, but it can be done, in fact I have been getting up one or several times if it is third, to measure my daughter, and go if you get used to ...

Come, a lot of encouragement.Keep counting.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/03/2010 6:15 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Yes, because, supposedly, I have to be 190 :))

Yes, yesterday I was thinking about the delayed effect.With fried potatoes it also challenges me, so almost certainly is why ... I will inject some unit less and try how so.

On the other hand, I spent a season raising a few days to measure sugar (this of the hyper morning is not new) and the truth is that I do not remember why I left it, I suppose that because I was more stable.But well, I'll be back again.

Thank you very much for answering, I will tell you how it is going;)

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
10/03/2010 6:45 a.m.

Jorditel:
I had noctunas hypoglycemia (to wake up and everything) but lately I don't know what happened to me that I got up every day with more than 250 mg.
I put the Lantus at 11 in the morning and my educator asked me if I cared to change it at 2pm in the afternoon.
We tried that and kept getting up in Hiper.
Again we tried to lower the basal insulin (from 12 to 10 units) and continued by clicking it at 2 pm.
The same hyper in the morning (I clarify that I half after dinner, at 2 in the morning and at 4 in the morning every day and was not high).
The basal educator lowers me again (from 10 to 8 units ----- & GT; I was afraid of being an excess of insulin) but the same hyper in the morning is still.
So now we have done the last test (as I say "to prove that it is not, total, worse, I don't think it goes":?);
I have climbed the basal to 12 units and I puncture it at 12 at night;I continue to measure at 2 in the morning for just in case and finally I have managed to get up in normal values ​​although it is true that there are days that I get low but I prefer to get it up in 300 every day.
Greetings!!

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
10/03/2010 9:58 a.m.

Wow, I am trying now at 4:00 p.m.Hyper morning and is one of the things that I have worse because I no longer know what to do and I feel that everything is out of control.I will see if it is due to hypos and, if I see no, I will propose my educator to put it also at night in case it also worked for me too:-/

Thank you very much, Ana82;)

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
10/03/2010 11:03 a.m.

If you can't improve, ask you to put the bomb.It is the best option.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/03/2010 11:43 a.m.

I would do the alarm clock, I had been raising a little for several days and did not understand xq, x q the controls of the 2 hours later dine were good, because I decided to put the alarm clock x the night every two hours, and indeed whatWhat happened to me was that I need more lantus because every control that I did every 2 hours and I went more up, I recommend that you do it x q salts d completely doubts

Debut: June 1991
Ultima glyd: 5.4
Lantus: 22
Novorapid: 3-4-4-4-3

barry's profile photo
barry
10/03/2010 12:28 p.m.

Putting the lantus at 4 pm it is very rare for you to have an early morning hypo ...
The peak is usually between 3 and 5 hours ... although it depends on each person, as always.
Normally at 3-4 in the morning, with 12 or 13 hours of Lantus it is rare that you have hypos ...

If Lantus was left over, you would also get under food.

I don't think it's a rebound for a hiccup ... 1 time can happen, but you would wake up for the hypos ...

149 and a half juice you are easy above 200, especially without having fast insulin ...

I think that the controls after meals are more real at about 3 hours than about 2 ... ultrarapid insulin reaches 3 hours.

DiabetesForo
10/04/2010 4:13 p.m.

Yes, the truth is that always or almost always that I have had a nocturnal hiccI will upload a couple of units slow and see how it works for me, I guess better.Thank you very much to everyone;)

By the way, since I am here, I know that it is normal that if I take a long time at dinner, it gives me a hiccup because the peak of the slow one can be out there but, is it normal for that to happen to me in the snack?If 17: 45-18: 00 are made and I haven't crossed up, it gives me a hypo:?

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
10/05/2010 6:25 a.m.

I recommend that you read about the phenomenon of Alba and the phenomenon of Somogy (I already defined them in a similar question).They are causes of hypoglycemia when awakening and the only way to differentiate them is to glymia between the and 3 in the morning.

All the best

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/11/2010 7:14 p.m.

Yes, I think mine was the phenomenon of Alb

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
10/11/2010 7:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.