ISOTONIC DRINK

antoni's profile photo   10/08/2010 5:19 a.m.

Hello everyone:
I am Type2 and I practice road and spining cycling, sudo as a cosaco, especially in spining, I take as an isotonic drink "isostar", but the level of blood glucose rises.
You know some other isotonic drink that does not.
Or you have some type of homemade preparation drink that provides lost salts and does not increase glucose level.

Thank you.

antoni's profile photo
antoni
10/08/2010 5:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Now there is already sugar aquarium on the market, I don't know if that is worth it.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/08/2010 6:09 a.m.

It's called Free Aquarius.
There is normal and orange.
0g carbohydrates and sugars 0g.
I take it and go phenomenal

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
10/08/2010 6:16 a.m.

The Free Aquarius is that of the announcement of former deaths to death, who make the Santiago road, right?:-/

DiabetesForo
10/08/2010 6:24 a.m.

Aquarius is not isotonic.Isostar yes.

Does that a measurable difference in an amateur athlete?Well really ... almost none.

Conclusion: I would go to "simple" drinks;That is, those that are not hypervitaminadas, because in most occasions we do not need everything they carry and we will piss it a time later.Also, for people with HTA, eye with certain drinks of this type by the concentration of Na they carry to retain liquid during the effort.
The Aquarius (which I know) was 6-7% HC.That is not much if the exercise is intense aerobic and medium-long duration.If not and we talk about a short -term activity, those HC are left over and glycemia will rise, because the amounts of this drink range from 330 to 500 ml per unit.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/08/2010 6:34 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

And I have forgotten something I wanted to say ... what is a drink like Aquarius if you take away one of its foundations?One of the advantages of these drinks is precisely that their moderate energy supply in the form of HC is very rapidly assimilable in that liquid format and in that mixture of salts.If you take away your advantage ... What is it for?What remains then?A water with some mineral salts.Anyway, my opinion is that it is useless.It is like a decaffeinated coffee without sugar, of skimmed milk from a disturbed cow.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/08/2010 6:43 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Thank you, I will try the watercolor that you tell me.

antoni's profile photo
antoni
10/08/2010 11:18 a.m.

Totally agree with Gondrullo.The Aquarius has taken me out of the hypoglycemia in full exercise, normally running or hiking, for me it is very practical, I think that of isotonic drinks is the one that has the least hydrates but it is very effective, so the new Aquarius does not haveA lot of sense to me.When I go to exercise for several hours I always carry water and the Aquarius for the hypos.Also so much but taking care not to dehydrate me drinking water is already solved.

DiabetesForo
10/08/2010 12:01 p.m.

I always get isostar powder, I prepare it more or less concentrated, depending on the exercise.The truth is doing very well, I drink small sips while the activity lasts, yes, I never drink if the exercise is soft or for a short time because the blood glucose rises a lot.With good water drinks and a plenty.

david29's profile photo
david29
10/08/2010 6:46 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Personally, except for very intense efforts the best is water.

The problem is that if the effort has been very intense (by axploo 4-5 hours of bicycle) in sweat you lose water and salt.If you only repeat water, you can produce a sodium drop in blood and that cause cramps.

In summary, if it has been only 1-2 hours with water, it is enough.If the effort has been very intense, I recommend free Aquarius or water + salt + lemon.

All the best

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/11/2010 4:14 p.m.

With 4-5 hours of effort to type 2 with metformin they will have hypoglycemia ...

Normally you have to recover salts and water, in our case, type 1 and type 2, you have to prevent hypos ...

Perhaps, taking some type of quick glucosport type glucose (which will burn it immediately) and complement it during exercise with the free watercolor (with salts) can be an option.

Another option is to moderate the consumption of normal watercolor (glucose+salts) and complement it with water.

DiabetesForo
10/12/2010 4:15 a.m.

Sorry, I think I didn't express myself well.With the duration of exercise time I referred to the fact that ions (sodium in blood) must also be taken into account when deciding water or isotonic.Of course, no diabetic can think of 4-5 hours of exercise (well, in general I do not recommend it to anyone).In short, to say that the water is sufficient if the sport was not very intense.

All the best

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/12/2010 5:29 p.m.

In the Decathlon they sell some isotonic powder boats and the good thing they have is that you get in the 500/750 ml bidon, the amount of ISO you want and thus control the concentration you eat.This is what I do when I go for pedals, yes, I have 1 drum with ISO and another with water to mix them.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
12/23/2016 11:44 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.