Almost 5 years

María2542006's profile photo   10/17/2010 8:38 a.m.

Hello everyone!
I have decided to get this forum to share experiences about diabetes.
I am Type I diabetics since the age of 15, now I am 20. I would like to know how you take diabetes, how much you owned, and how you control yourself, etc.
When I debuted, after the '' shock '' (since it was all very new to me, and also in full adolescence) I informed myself and learned about everything related to diabetes, food (carbohydrates, proteins, fats, fats,Vitamins and minerals ...) ... that is to say about nutrition, and I learned how foods act on me, and my insulin needs, etc ... I have learned a lot and I have gone to several diabetic camps (which is thethat more has helped me to be me and be happy with myself and with my life), and simply and for the moment I control myself then with insulin, since I do not do diet, or exercise (because notI have time, not because I don't like it because I love the bike) ... from HBA1C I am 7.6
How are you you?What does diabetes suppose in your life?
I will tell you experiences that have happened to me what you think ...
Greetings to everyone!:)

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
10/17/2010 8:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Maria.

In my case, it is my daughter who has diabetes, also type 1. She debuted with 8 years and now has 16. Hears insulin bomb, and also went to camps for diabetic children for several years.It was a very positive experience for her.
He has never been well controlled, although we are getting it little by little.

We live in Llanes, Asturias.Where are you form?

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/17/2010 10:16 a.m.

Hello!
I am from Valladolid.
The summer of my debut went to a camp organized by the Cantabrian Association (I think), and I met people from Asturias, from Oviedo, Pola, Llanes, etc.
I felt very lost but after that camp, and meeting diabetic people, my ideas were settled and I gained security in myself (which I had lost with all the diabetes roll), that camp was decisive, and I had a great time:D
I, after the honeymoon (which only lasted me 3 months), I started to get out of control reaching a hemoglobin of 8.6, but then I normalized, you also have to keep in mind that the growth hormone increases blood glucose, and your daughter isIn full adolescence, so it is more difficult to control, but little by little it is achieved.;)
Well, nothing delighted, greetings

María2542006
10/17/2010 12:39 p.m.

What a coincidence, Maria.
It is possible that you have been together in the camp, although Celia was of the little ones and you something older, because she went to that camp for several years.The first was in Solórzano.Then they were in Loredo, in Tama and Estella, all organized by the Cantabrian and the Asturian association, with Aureliano and forgetting.
Surely Celia would like to know.In fact, she maintains a great friendship with a girl in the camp who lives in Madrid, and has several colleagues added to Tuenti.
You will tell me.

A hug.

DiabetesForo
10/17/2010 1:39 p.m.

Jo well, go coincidence!Celia!
In fact he gave me a curl of his, that I liked his hair a lot, I have him at home :)
I was in Estella, she was very friendly (and she will continue to be), of desi, right?That is from Madrid
I still maintain contact with two girls from that camp, Cris and Marta.But in the Tuenti I have almost all.
How is Celia?I hope well.
Greetings for you and for her

María2542006
10/17/2010 1:50 p.m.

You see, the world is a handkerchief :)
Too bad the camps, María.What a beautiful detail to keep your curl!:)
Yes, her friend is Desi.I don't remember who Cris is, but Marta supposes Marta Serrano, from Pola de Laviana, right?
If you want, add Celia to the Tuenti, who is sure to glad the contact.You know, Celia Sobera.

Now he has insulin bomb, for almost two years, and it is better.

A hug, beautiful.

DiabetesForo
10/17/2010 2:23 p.m.

Yes, it is a shame that the camps ended, I went to others the next two years, with the Salamanca association, and they were also unforgettable :)
Yes, Marta is that Marta, we made ourselves very friends along with Cris, who was not diabetic but her brother Ivan did.
Yes, I have Celia's tuenti, but we don't talk, I only have contact with Marta and Cris from time to time, although it is true that sometimes I look at the tuentis to have such going to people .. :)
And how is the bomb?I have thought about it in the future, but it gives me the thing about `` Being connected to a machine '' .. Go to the pool, go out and those things ... I have doubts.Although surely it is easier and more effective staying in normal glucose values ​​with the pump better than with the bolis.
All the best!: D

María2542006
10/17/2010 2:53 p.m.

The bomb is great, Maria.
The best thing is that, when you see Celia connected, you ask her, that she will give you all the details.It is much more comfortable than you think.

A hug.

DiabetesForo
10/17/2010 5:57 p.m.

Welcome to the forum, Maria !!!
In my case, my 12 -year -old daughter suffers from diabetes is also.It started with 5, now just 7 years ago.He has been insulin bomb for 5 and I assure you that I would not want to return to the martyrdom of the insulins and injections he had at the beginning.You will win as a life, you will win in flexibility, and I assure you that you will forget a lot that you wear a connected machine.My husband, what TB.It is diabetic and TB.Take a bomb, he says it's like leaving home with the mobile or glasses, or the slows ... stop by the thread of bombs and read the opinions of the users, to see if you are encouraged.

By the way, what a coincidence that has coincided with Celia: D

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/18/2010 5:19 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

One question: these insulin pumps that do you have a built -in glucometer?
Welcome Maria to the sweetest network forum.

david29's profile photo
david29
10/18/2010 8:59 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

No, David, the bombs we say do not carry incorporated glucometer.There are continuous blood glucose meters that can be used with the pump.For example, the Guardian or the Minilink, are sensors that transmit data to the pump, but still have few people.In this forum there are a few that do, although most have the pump without a sensor.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/19/2010 8:11 a.m.

Welcome Maria, because I am a story I am diabetics type1 for 19 years, debut at age 12 and the moon of honey I lasted 5 years, (a bargain), I go with novorapid and lantus, and I the regime if I do it(I am quite strict), exercise 0, I hope I have helped you

barry's profile photo
barry
10/19/2010 4:07 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.