Do the cells regenerate?

Quim's profile photo   10/21/2010 10:25 a.m.

Hola a todos.
Ayer estuve en visita con mi endocrina y me dio los resultados de mis últimos análisis.

Por un lado me dijo
- Tienes unos análisis buenísimos y un control extraordinario ( que contento me pues ) Tu ultima hemoglobina Glicosilada es de 5,9 ( la de antes era 5.2 pero me dijo que las diferencias eran mínimas ) ( la actualizo en mi firma :-P )

Y LO MÁS CURIOSO Y SORPRENDENTES. Mis anteriores reservas de células betas ( Pepito C ) eran de 0.66 ( valor referencia 0.90 - 4 ) pero las actuales es de 0.87.
¿¿¿¿¿¿ Pueden regenerarse estas células????? Yo tenia entendido que siempre se iban a menos....

Según la doctora sus comentarios fueron
- Esto no suele pasar pero se dan casos que después de unos buenos controles la células se estimulan y pueden llegar a regenerarse. Por supuesto esto no quiere decir que te dejaras de inyectar pero si las mantienes será un poco más fácil el control de la diabetes. Luna de miel ya llevas 7 meses por lo tanto ya tendrías que empezar a salir. .... es raro pero es algo bueno.

En conclusión que dice que me quiere ver mas a menudo para ver la evolución que tengo jajajaja pos ala, que me estudie, más médicos todavía, menos mal que es un encanto. :-)

Los que tenéis mas experiencias en esto ¿sabéis mas si es posible la regeneración de las células?

Muchas gracias a todos y espero compartir muchas cosas con vosotros.
Abrazos.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
10/21/2010 10:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, if regeneration is possible ... in medicine there is nothing impossible, it is certainly not frequent.There is really nothing mathematical and we do not know what margins we move.

It is true that with respect to future diabetes therapies, Isoltes transplant has its main defect in the loss of transplant maternity during it.However, there are some better results data when what are implemented are cell lines that have been artifially growing with specific growth factors (this is a hormone to grow those cells).The important thing about this is knowing that there are possible future therapies and that if those cells are prepared to respond to these growth factors, it means that the body itself is a cappise of synthesizing those growth factors (the body only responds to substances similar to whichThe same manufactures, for example, cannabis has its effect because the body generates similar substances although in lower quantities ... now it begins to talk about the endocanabinoid system that by the way has implications in the control of metabolism).

Anyway, all this is to tell you that cell regeneration (more rare spontaneously) or induced (perhaps a cure in the future) is possible.

I hope it has been understood.

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/21/2010 12:34 p.m.

In type 2, in some cases, there is a considerable increase in endogenous insulin production after an exogenous insulinization period ... so much that external insulin is even abandoned.

In type 1 the spontaneous regeneration of islets or increase the production of endogenous insulin I do not think it is possible ... unless there is a diagnostic or measuring error of the C.

Nor do I understand the values ​​that the doctor has begged, the normal values ​​are between 0.5 and 2: shock:
It may be that the laboratory assessment has changed, but it surprises me because they are usually internationally referenced.
Thus, in various maintenance projects of the islets during the honeymoon period (Dyamid), the minimum values ​​that are required to participate in the investigation is 0.1

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/21/2010 4:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.