{'en': 'Laser hair removal and diabetes', 'es': 'Depilación Láser y Diabetes'} Image

Laser hair removal and diabetes

pocaspecas's profile photo   11/04/2010 8:32 p.m.

Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask you if someone from you has made laser hair removal.

Is that having diabetes apparently can influence the number of sessions necessary to eliminate hair.

I would appreciate that you will tell me your experience on this subject.

All the best!: D

pocaspecas's profile photo
pocaspecas
11/04/2010 8:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The precautions you should have are 2 basically:
- If you have lipodystrophies (bultitos in punctures) do not apply the laser in that area
- If you have microvascular complications in the legs

Out of that, you should not have any problems and much less if you carry good control.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/05/2010 2:58 p.m.

I have made the laser in armpits and English and I am diabetics type 1. I have never had any problem referring to laser because it is diabetic, and it has been very well invested money.I needed the same sessions as a person without diabetes.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/06/2010 5:34 a.m.

Hello few.I asked about this, maybe it is good for you to see the answers Diabetes/Debilacion-Por-Diabetes-Diabetes-T6843.html

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/06/2010 9:02 a.m.

Thank you very much!I have already read the post, montar.The other day I gave myself the first diode laser session, and the area was a bit irritated, (I started with the armpits and English).I didn't think it hurt so much ... But hey, the result will be worth it.I asked you the question because the doctor who made me the assessment in the first consultation told me that for being & GT; of 25 years, being diabetic or presenting some insulin resistance, using corticosteroids or having polycystic ovaries, I was more likely toWith 4 sessions it was not enough.Anyway, I know a friend Q TB is diabetic and has done only 3 and has no hair in the armpits, stopped doing it because she became pregnant.
Ah!Another thing more, How long have you waited between session and session? .Is that I understand that about 2 months, right?1Saludo and thanks again!

pocaspecas's profile photo
pocaspecas
11/07/2010 6:07 a.m.

More or less yes, about 2 months. In summer they do not give you sessions, for producing spots on the skin, but in autumn-winter they usually do them every 2 months, and then, as you come out less hair, they are spacing you, until you almost don't get out anymore, and with an annual review it is worth you.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/07/2010 6:28 a.m.

Hello everyone!!
I am new and I was seeing the forum a bit and the issue has caught my attention.
I have already made two sessions of diode laser in English and armpits and one in half legs.In the English I am noticing that I have less beautiful, but in the armpits I hardly notice, I guess it is soon.
The fact is that these sessions I did before knowing that it was diabetic, and now, that they have diagnosed me 15 days ago, I have the sluger quite decompensated, a great roller coaster :( and I have the next session on the 16th of this month.

DiabetesForo
11/08/2010 6:48 a.m.

Well, I answer myself with experience.
Yesterday morning I had an appointment with the educator, and I asked her about the laser's theme since she had an appointment in the afternoon.He told me he could go without any problem.
And in the afternoon I went to the laser.But as the header had told me that there were many things that altered the glucose up, such as stress, or speaking of my wisdoms of the trial (another topic of part) the pain also underlined the glucose.In the end I went to the pharmacy and I took the emla cream, for the English and armpits.Like the legs (socks alone) they had not hurt me last time I did not give me.The result was, that the English and armpits notice practically anything, but my legs did hurt a little more than the last time.

And it turned out that the pain was true, although I did not have the values ​​very controlled before, but if the insulin had uploaded, I arrived with 260 before dinner, and although I click something else, 5 units of apride, after dinner yetI had 248, what I corrected with 2 units, I skipped the right, and yet, this morning I got up with 180 ..

I have an appointment for January again, but given the experience, I will also put a cream on my legs, to see if I have no pain and the blood glucose does not upload.If I remember, I will put it here.
I hope my little experience serves you: D

DiabetesForo
11/17/2010 2:57 a.m.

Hello colleagues.

Well, I made a photo session hair hair removal and chest on Saturday morning and it has part of a copon (they didn't burn me less badly) I didn't alter the levels.I arrive at food time with 84. Try the experience that nothing happens but when the whiplash do not remember me :-)
Hugs

Quim's profile photo
Quim
11/22/2010 8:30 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.