Hello!I'm Elena, one more rookie

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/08/2010 4:15 a.m.

Hello everyone!
My name is Elena, I am 25 years old and 15 days ago I made a "diabetic debut" (I am funny about debut .. hehehe).I was a week admitted because although I had been with the symptoms of thirst for almost a month and to go to service, 5 kilos less, blamed it for other changes (stress, a trip ... etc) and in the end it caused me a diabetic acetosis.
I have a week already at home, trying to adapt to the new routine.1800 diet by rations, glucose control before and after breakfast, eating and dinner, Lantus and ace 3 times depending on the levels.
I put 18 from Lantus, before at 7 in the morning.But from Thursday that I went to the diabetology he told me that he was changing her little by little until 4 in the afternoon because as a job in the morning I gave me a little downturn at 11 just before the rest of lunch.
The ace , I punctu150 and had very high values.

The fact is that the values ​​that give me have me in a live without living, I think I would have to get even more toIt seems that I am too unexpected yet.

For example, this morning I got up with 75 (I didn't notice anything) according to the pattern I have not punctured, I have had breakfast 5 portions (cereals, milk and an orange) at 7:30, and at 9:30 I have had 245 mg/dl.Yesterday to eat and dinner, the same, I had about 160 approximately, I have punctured 3 units, and then I have reached up to 250 at two hours.
But of course, if I had punctured more last night, that he had about 250 at 2 hours of dinner, this morning would have had a hypoglycemia, right?

I am reading a lot about diabetes, I want to control it well.Everyone tells me that I am doing very well in terms of encouragement, but when I see "the Russian mountains" (as I have read here :)) Well, it discourages me a lot.People also tell me that at first it is difficult to control, but I don't know to what extent, or how long this situation will last.
I am also worried, because in the analysis the glycosilada hemo gave me 10.5 and of course, it seems very high ...

What do you think?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/08/2010 4:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Elena, welcome.

At first everything is a bit chaotic but little by little you will stabilize.What I do not understand about your treatment is the use of the actrapid that I think is an intermediate insulin, the ideal I think they would have put an ultra -granted to cover the meals.The lantus is a slow insulin that works as a basal, provided you eat hydrates you need to put fast insulin, if it will not climb you long after eating.

DiabetesForo
11/08/2010 4:20 a.m.

Hi Prado, thanks for answering.
I confused with the name, it is not Actoprid, it is ahead :?I guess it will be ultrarapida ...

DiabetesForo
11/08/2010 4:26 a.m.

Yes, it is ultra -granted

DiabetesForo
11/08/2010 4:30 a.m.

Welcome to the forum, Elena ... As Prado says the principles are a bit liosy, nothing that is not resolved with a little practice.
With values ​​below 150, do you have no unit guidance?: Shock: ... No I am surprised that you have those postprandials, measured 2 hours after the intakes).But if you did not give you free to modify the guideline, eat the next time you go, so you will also know that you are learning and eat to trust you ...
Before sleeping (sometimes it coincides with the post of dinner) you must measure yourself, and you may have to take some contribution to endure the night.I would try to adjust and measure myself at midnight 3-4 from dawn to see how you are at that time.

In any case, your values ​​before the AEMs will have to be around 100 or lower and those of after not exceeding 160-180 ... that would be ideal.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/08/2010 5:50 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia!
From 100 to 150 now I have scheduled 2 units, although at first I started since 150. Even so, I still give me quite high, especially if I do not punish myself because I have less than 100 and as later.
What the diabetology has told me, is that if I have more than 200, I put a fast unit for every 50 mg/dl that you want to go down, whenever 3 hours have passed since the last fast.But if I do this, for example, after eating, what happens to me is that then I arrived at less than 100 and I did not punish myself, and after dinner I have it back ...

This night if I have been struggling, I put it exact: I had a half past 9 (70 gr of hydrates), before dinner I had 167, I put 3 units of fast.I looked at it at 11:30 and I was 203. As was somewhat high, I just took a liquid yugur of 5gr of hydrates, I went to sleep and this morning at 7:30 I was 75 gr/dl.The conclusion is that maybe he must have taken the complete ration, but does he usually lower the sugar at night?

DiabetesForo
11/08/2010 6:28 a.m.

Welcome Elena.We have all been rookie ever ... what seems strange to me that you do not click on breakfast if you are 75, if you get up and breakfast and do not click the glycemia to shoot because there is no fast insulin acting after aGood breakfast.
At night, at dawn, once the rapid of dinner is no longer effect (at 3 hours) the only insulin that is acting is the basal, with which if there are hypoglycemia at that time, it is likely that you are you arePutting a lot of lantus, to avoid nightlife or early morning or you get less lantus or eat last time before you go to sleep some carbohydrate of slow absorption or midnight carbohydrate.Anyway before doing anything, always tell your endocrine.
What you need here will be to help you in what you need.At first everything is doubts but then you will see how the thing changes.

Greetings

david29's profile photo
david29
11/08/2010 7:51 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Elena Welcome!
At first it is normal for you to be lost, but as the days go by, you will control more, here in the forum asks all the doubts, I have learned more here than with my educator, and that I am happy with her, I do not complain,But thanks to this forum I am calmer and I have learned a lot, every day I learn something new
At breakfast after 7 months I do not put insulin, if I wear I have a safe hypo, now I am exercising and a lot is helping me and I am having very good glycemia, it is also true that I am on a honeymoon
Many kisses

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/08/2010 9:16 p.m.

Thank you very much!
David29, the truth is that I also think that I have to click even if I have less than 100. But hey, I guess my educator is going little by little to avoid giving me hypos.I have an appointment for Tuesday, to see what he tells me ...
Anyway, the values ​​that give me, continue to baffle me even more.
As I put you, before yesterday for dinner I had 167, I set 3 quickly and then I had 203. And when I woke up 75.
Well tonight I had 183, I put on 3, and at 2 hours I was 89 :?I drank a glass of milk and this morning I was 165 ...
And insulin put it the same in the abdomen, changing a few centimeters every time ...
Every day I have different values, I don't know, it will be the ride:-/
I want to get that honeymoon anabeg, hehehe

DiabetesForo
11/09/2010 2:48 a.m.

Elena ,: d the honeymoon will not reach you, in any case you will leave;).The honeymoon period is from the debut until your pancreas stops producing completely insulin, it is variable, even sometimes practically non -existent.Sometimes this period is certainly treacherous, since your pancreas segregates insulin and you administer it on the other hand ... in general in this period the hormone requirements are minimal, it shows that it ends because you start needing many more units.
As you can check in blood glucose, it does not only influence the food you have taken, the amount of HC, S and the insulin you have put yourself, there are many factors that affect it: stress, exercise, disease, menstruation, menstruation,mood, the glycemic index of food, fats, insulin abosorption according to the area, etc, etc ... you will discover it, and even controlling everything sometimes what we call x files, hahaha, arise.. Now what you should take is to adjust more or less basal insulin (the lantus), look at the figures when you get up and in the previous ones to the meals, if these are fine, it is understood that it is well adjusted, if they are lowIt is understood that you have slow insulin and if they are high it is supposed to be missing ... if you make changes you must maintain these days, at least 3, until re -modifying the pattern .... once you get the basal adjustedYou have to try to adjust the insulin units to HC rations, s you take.Nor is this a simple 3 rule, because for certain hours your insulin requirements for 1 ration are greater than for another ... In any case, the principle requires a lot of observation, if possible write down what you eat, the unitsThat you put yourself, the exercise and any circumstance that makes you assume that it can affect blood glucose ... and of course consult your educator and your endocrine any change, if you still have no free way to self -control.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/09/2010 3:36 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia!
I realize that it is a matter of patience.And that is what I lack.I suppose that all those changes that I have TB are because these days I am also a roller coaster emotionally, which I think is also very logical.Let's see if I manage to control a little more, hehehe
Well, I have my doubts about whether the Lantus was putting it well, so I guess I will have to go see it all over time.
Thank you all, this forum is very helpful.I hope that one day I can lend a hand too!

DiabetesForo
11/09/2010 4 a.m.

Hi, Elena.

Long before what you think you will be helping the new ones who enter.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo
11/09/2010 6:41 a.m.

Hi Elena,

First of all welcome!Do not obsess for the values ​​of the first days, between the insulin, food, way of life and honeymoon that makes the pancreas work at its free will is a bit chaotic.You will see how you have it for a short time and the next hemo is much better than those 10 and peak.

A hug

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/09/2010 12:10 p.m.

Hi Elena I understand you perfectly, well I think we all understand you here, regarding the hem that you had, do not obsess, realize that you did not know that you had diabetes, so without taking care of yourself you had 10 now that you are starting to take care of you will see how you go down ........... and you control it.

When I started I had the values ​​similar to yours, listen to people who have experience and learn a lot, it is more to me are the ones that have taught me because, what is endo ........

By the way 75 Before breakfast is a good value but I think you should put some Apidra unit.

By the way I also use Lantus and Apidra

all the best

DiabetesForo
11/10/2010 3:54 a.m.

THANKS ES !!
The truth is that it comforts me a bit to find people who have already gone through this.
I think I get a little obsessed with finding explanation to all values, and it gives me that for now it is impossible ... although I have been a little more stable for a couple of days within what fits (we are going to find possible explanations).
Let's see what the educator tells me on Tuesday, and if he gives me "permission" to play a little with the doses ...

DiabetesForo
11/10/2010 5:05 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.