debutante

alejandrito's profile photo   11/10/2010 2:12 p.m.

Hello everyone I am Alex and this week they have diagnosed me type 1 diabetes. It turns out that they tested if my antibodies responded to insulin and it turns out that they have come out negative.So how can I diagnose type 1?I have never injected insulin yet but I am super scared because I have never punctured myself and I don't know if it hurts a lot, and in the event that it hurts, does one get used to?The endocrine says that increasingly the sugar will have it more and higher I hope that this afternoon much to arrive.Greetings to all

alejandrito's profile photo
alejandrito
11/10/2010 2:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Alex!
I debuted more than 15 days ago.As I have read somewhere, type I diabetes can be autoimmune (when antibodies attack beta cells of the pancreas), but also has other unknown causes.Look at the wikipedia: Link
How lucky that the result has already arrived, I am still waiting for them ...
The needles, the truth is that you can say that nothing hurts, I expected it worse.Of course, give himself to click oneself, or at least to me.I have been clicking for more than a week and I'm still undecided when it's my turn, although I think I'm progressing ... :))
Do not scare yourself, the calm is gradually taking the quiet, and forward !!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/10/2010 2:58 p.m.

Alejandrito, or have not explained it well, or it is very rare of antibodies and insulin.

What symptoms did you have?What level of blood glucose?

In any case, if you have type 1 diabetes you will have to click, but calm, that it does not hurt.Think that there are quite young children and click alone, so don't worry.

Give us more information?

Welcome

DiabetesForo
11/10/2010 3 p.m.

Holassssssss
Normally antibodies are used to determine type 1 diabetes.
The antibodies act against insulin, do not recognize it as their own body and load it (the famous autoimmune response).

There is a low number of cases where you can have type 1 diabetes and not present any of the characteristic antibodies.
That is, it is possible to have type 1 diabetes and not present antibodies, but I already say that they are rare cases.

I imagine that they will have requested the determination of Gada and IA2A antibodies ... Perhaps your doctor, seeing the negative results I can ask for the ICA antibodies, less frequent and more difficult to analyze.

In addition, its own insulin production is normally measured (with the peptide c) and typical symptoms: eating, drinking, urinating and loss of exaggerated weight .... Was your case?

Look at this page:

The needles, because nothing, there is not much to comment because you have to click, yes or yes.
But if you do things well it hurts absolutely anything.
If we have all done it and we do it, you too.

DiabetesForo
11/10/2010 3:27 p.m.

Welcome to the forum, Alex.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/11/2010 4:27 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well now that you've tied me, Owash.I thought the antibodies attacked the beta cells of the pancreas, not to insulin.If they attack insulin, how do they not attack the injected?

Health

DiabetesForo
11/11/2010 7:26 a.m.

I have explained with my feet ...
Yes, the immune reaction is loaded the beta cells ... and therefore, insulin.

It is curious that endogenous insulin has a life between 5 and 10 minutes ... so it does not give time to its enemies to eliminate it: Mrgreen: ... scientists have managed to extend their duration until 36 hours (soon)so that we have to click less times

DiabetesForo
11/11/2010 12:23 p.m.

Well, the results says that the C is within normality and insulin the same is within the values ​​of a normal person.Also the antibody test has given negative.
With respect to the glycemia values ​​because 110 to 130 on an empty stomach and about 150-160 after meals although I have been at values ​​of 200 on some occasion but very few.
Now I am looked at with the diet and the rations that is undoubtedly what I have worse.The doctor said that if I maintained the diet and took care of me, then I would not need to resort to insulin until some time passes but I suppose that having to inject insulin will be inevitable, right?
Greetings to all and thank you very much for the support!

alejandrito's profile photo
alejandrito
11/16/2010 1:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.