Diabetic retinopathy

eme's profile photo   11/12/2010 7 a.m.

Almost a year ago I was diagnosed with diabetic retinopathy, in the last revision the ophthalmology told me that it was better to wait before the focal laser, but that I was in the limit to be operated.

I copy the last report: I have punctiform bleeding;Odema macula with hemorrhages and some temporary exudate to Fovea.Oi some more diffuse brightness and microaneurisms.

I would thank you for your experience, about the laser, since I have another review shortly

eme's profile photo
eme
11/12/2010 7 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, you have proliferative retinopathy that also affects the macula, which is the area where the vision is formed.Normally, the laser "closes" the wound that exudes and causes that spill, and of course, by that point you will no longer have problems, but they can appear in other points of the eye.It is usually a solution that works, although if the shots are in the macula (as is your case) it could be that you later see some point, which is precisely where they have shot you.That is usually the only "bad."
And as always, good control is essential to prevent this situation from getting worse.
What evolution do you have?Since when do you have DB?What do we have?You have been with previous microaneurisms for a long time or has it been a more drastic evolution as a result of sudden decompensation?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/12/2010 7:33 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, I am a diabetic since the age of 13 and I have 35, I have not really had it very controlled until about 5 years ago and these last months I have been perfecting it.I do not think it was for a sudden distrust, they detected it in an annual revision.

eme's profile photo
eme
11/14/2010 9 p.m.

I find it strange the fact that it is proliferative retinopathy if you say you check annually and these last years you had it well controlled ... it was supposed to have seen indications of retinopathy before.

ManuLC92's profile photo
ManuLC92
04/15/2011 6:49 a.m.

Yes, it is possible that retinopathy develops quickly, even between year and year.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/16/2011 7:43 a.m.

The retinopathy advances to proliferative forms from non -proliferative non -proliferative with a bad control ... if it is controlled well a little more (I believe that more than a year ...) with the treatment the progress can be stopped but in some stages,Especially the primary retinopathy, it is essential to avoid progress good metabolic control.Anyway, are you sure that what that report says is that it had proliferative retinopathy?

ManuLC92's profile photo
ManuLC92
04/19/2011 2:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.