Hello, I introduce myself

Maria J.'s profile photo   11/12/2010 7:21 a.m.

Hello everyone.My name is María J., I live in the Canary Islands and I am 40 years old.

Just a few days before fulfilling them they have diagnosed me as type 1 diabetics;Yes, I know that at these ages it is not usual ... it has been a shock and I am still starting to get the idea, because in my direct family there is no diabetic.Suddenly insulin has entered my life, meal schedules that must be followed, hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia ... Anyway, that I feel overwhelmed by all this.It seems so uphill !!.I guess everything is a matter of time and to get used to ...

As a orientative fact, I will tell you that the day they diagnosed me was through an analysis sent by the family doctor because I went to him with his own symptoms, especially a thirst and a desire to urinate brutal ... What am I going to tell youthat you do not know?give anything ...

For me to find this forum has been like Agua de Mayo.Although in these weeks I have read a lot about diabetes, it is not the same to know that there are more people like you who know how you feel.

Grace for this place: D

Maria J.'s profile photo
Maria J.
11/12/2010 7:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I debut in April, and the only thing I recommend is tranquility, and patience, a lotThanks.;)

Welcome.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/12/2010 8:02 a.m.

Maria, welcome home.

Raise all the doubts you have and tell us the details of your treatment, to be able to guide you better.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/12/2010 8:10 a.m.

I debut in April, and the only thing I recommend is tranquility, and patience, a lot of patience, the rest you will see how Rodao goes ... and if you have any questions shoot, here there are people who will help you, for the modic thank you.;)

Welcome.

Estu, thank you very much for the welcome;You advanced me six months ... hehehe ... and thanks !!! :)

Maria J.'s profile photo
Maria J.
11/12/2010 8:50 a.m.

Maria, welcome home.

Raise all the doubts you have and tell us the details of your treatment, to be able to guide you better.

Health

Alea, thank you very much ... prepared?I feel like when I was a rookie at the institute;Leo out there and I see that you know so much about the disease ...

Maria J.'s profile photo
Maria J.
11/12/2010 8:52 a.m.

Hello Maria, welcome !!!!!

They also diagnosed me with 37 years, somewhat older: D now ...Help you in what we can: D

A kiss

DiabetesForo
11/12/2010 10:04 a.m.

Hiaaaaa Mariaj, welcome
I debut in April with 37 years, if it were not for this forum, my mother, I don't know what we would do, here you learn a lot, your pre -media all doubts, here there are lovely people willing to help.
Greetingsssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/12/2010 4:48 p.m.

Thanks Prado and Anabeg for your welcome;And we are also close to age ... Although I am the older sister, hahaha.It helps me a lot to meet people in the same situation as me ...

Well, now more seriously: I started to click the insulin, just a week.First, before the consultation with the endocrine came, I was with pills (metformin and then they changed it to Novonorm +Janumet), but nothing, they did the same as nothing ... well something lowered glycemia: compared to comparisonThe figures I had at the beginning, because I did not return to them ... but you were never below 250 (on an empty stomach).So that, my weight loss (like 5 kilos in less than a month), not having a family history ... led the endocrine to diagnose from type 1 practically since I entered through the door.This week they have done the glucabon test and I am waiting for the result ... I guess they will do more tests ...

I puncture 4 times a day: Lantus (12 units) in the morning and then before each fast meal (Apidra);Normally 4 units.In this little time I have had 2 downs that I have traced well, although I am very scared of hypoglycemia.Hahaha, well with the first downturn of the week the lack of experience :?He took me to take too much sugar and then gave me a high that you don't see, but with the second descent I knew how

The fact is that I feel depression;Very sad ... I know that there are many people out there with very worse and much more serious diseases;ours, at least, can be treated ... and I imagine that over time you get used to it and you see it as normal, but the truth is that now, I can be boat soon, the subject is great. The feeling I have isthat the body has betrayed me, has turned against me (which is true);Damn pancreas !!!

I have many doubts, uffff .... For now, one thing that worries me is fatigue;especially at night ... I close my eyes alone.Sometimes I am so tired that I barely get close to bed.I also have tired streaks during the day, a lotknow what you think about it;This tiredness is always like that ??Or is it because I'm not yet regulated ?? ... Is it a symptom of ketoasidosis?

Forgive my ignorance and thanks, really, thank you very much for being there ... :)

Maria J.'s profile photo
Maria J.
11/14/2010 2:52 a.m.

I debuted with 30 years and 15 glycosilada ... So we are a few: Mrgreen:

Tiredness can be "normal" with high figures, ketoacidosis ravages in the body ... As they write in another thread, lactic acid accumulates in the muscles (bospices) and do not recover well from efforts.
The normal thing is that in a short time the inconvenience disappears.
If you have standardized figures and still be tired ... seek the explanation outside diabetes.

It is not to scare but diabetes and thyroid have a very close relationship.

The "good" of diabetes is that it depends on oneself ... we do not depend on anything or anyone else to control our disease, even if it is a real daily pain.

DiabetesForo
11/14/2010 4:07 a.m.

Hi María, I'm Puri and well -known to the club.I have 42 years and two children and for what I see the life as sweet as the rest.My particular case, I do not think I can help you in much (it is diabetes caused by another disease), but in the diabetic practice we are all and we will try to sweeten ourselves (brighten) the life in the best possible way by the way was yesterday was the day the dayof diabetics (so you can see if we are important).
If you read my emails from the beginning, you will see the despair I felt;Now it is the same, but more controlled.I got to have my fingers shattered from so much puncture, but as time passes (that you are best doctor), you know how you are and what you need.
I have lost almost two kilos (I look like a walking spirit) I am already arranged for a size 38 (with 1.76 that I measure) it depressed me, now I do not care.Imagine the chaos at food time, my children one, a little of the same, but it empizes so much vegetables, both proteins, both hydrates, more fruit, less amount of the other uffffff ....... A horror, but you get used to (although after eating I go to me with which I can't lower the post of eating 200).That the snack does not pass, I do not take late and return the history of the food, and how it makes me sleepy, a lot of dream, I walk a little through the hall of the house and I go to bed.Look if it is, that I put the alarm at 01.00 in the morning to take something (milk or yoghurt) and sleep immediately (it is that my basal are very low 60-90).
At first this seemed like a world of crazy people, in my house we had to get used to my rhythm, but although it has cost everything back to its channel.
Now a lot of things will come to mind "I do for Christmas" "If I go to a wedding?", I don't serve as anyone ........... a lot of things that are allNegative, you do not take anything positive, everything is bad, but eye things always go through something, and you always have to look back, and think that there are people worse than you (like me who have fibrosisfor life), and with bite you can live with a fairly acceptable and satisfactory level.
Enchanted and forward you can and here they help you almost more than your own doctor.
Medically, I will not have helped you much, but anecdotes and try to get a smile allocation, I have achieved it. Do you want me to tell you where they have helped me overcome my super diabetic super depression?Well, you are surprised, in this forum, it is the best there is
Good luck and encouragement

puri's profile photo
puri
11/15/2010 1:23 p.m.

Hello again;I'm back !! ... Hello Owash and Puri ... Owash: And to think that I believed that my 10% glycolisada was the most of the most, axis

The truth is that the tremendous fatigue I had has happened to me and it is clear that it should be due to hyperglycemia that dragged months ago, without knowing it ... the fact is that I have always been very sleepy;I get up early to go to work and never go to bed before 11:30 at night, so if I do not sleep a noon at noon to get to the bed dusts.

Puri, I really appreciate your message and tell me your experiences, I feel identified in many things ... Sometimes it is like a kind of obstacle career: all day that if the lantus touches you, that if the rapid, to measureFirst, that if at two hours to see how you are going ... what if going for a walk, carbohydrates, fat control ... ufff, changes your life!And although they tell me that one gets used to it, the truth is that I am still in the process.I am never time to forget that I am a diabetic.

I am going to some workshops on diabetological education in the endocrinology service of my community.The educator is a woman very put on the subject and, although it is true that almost everything that tells me already I know ... These sessions are serving me to learn to control the theme of carbohydrates, which still escapes meA little and, most importantly, to know other people personally in my situation.We have spoken and shared experiences and that helps me a lot because I see that I am not alone and that there are more people with the same insecurities, doubts and fears that one ... It is not that you are happy with anyone's diabetes, but you feel thatfeeling of camaraderie and being embarked on the same ship ...

I still do not control well, it has given me a hypoglycemia these days and some downside that I notice, according to the educator, at the top of the levels previously.Being hyperglycemia for so long, the body gets used to and you feel the symptoms of hiccups even before it is "real."Sometimes, too, for miscalculating, or for fear of the dowers, they have given me glucose climbs that I know are caused by going with carbohydrates ... I suppose it is so and that everyone happens to everyone... can have to adjust me a little more insulin that skewed me ... Anyway, I am in the process of adaptation :)

Thanks again for a place like this and for the people who enter and write their experiences, all that helps us a lot :)

Maria J.'s profile photo
Maria J.
11/23/2010 9:21 a.m.

Hi María, you have entered the group, what are we going to do!I entered with 50 years, and just like you, and that everyone, strange and sad, but every time I take it better.I advise you to read us all, it will encourage you.For example, people with 40 years having diabetes, and without complication, is it to cheer up or not?It is a disease that covers all even actors, athletes, etc.- and make their normal life, like everyone else.I read this in this forum.
As for hydrates, what a daughter1 !!They have to be super accurate, but, as we go from nerves or exercise safe.When it lowers me, before insulin, like the hydrates that touch me, which are 40 grams, and then I punctuate myself, I do not dose the dose, because if the diverse I go from evil to worse.On Thursday I go to the educator to have told me.If you have doubts, do not hesitate, and expose them, you will see how they help you here there are good experts, ball
Greetings to all.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
11/23/2010 2:02 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Yes Consu ... This is like a lottery for those of Type 1: I have touched me/touched us and point ... although I would have preferred the primitive, hehehe ...

You're right;It helps me to read this forum and see that there are people who even being diabetic 30-40 years ago, there are, without complications ... but I am also clear that to get to that goal we have to take great care, because I know diabetic people who do notHe took care of himself and some are already for the other side or, if not, with a lot of complications but, yes ... they are people who had to take care of the food, to puncture and live in permanent hyperglycemia ... a friendDoctor tells me that diabetics can live as much as the rest of the people, or even more, those who take care: o.But taking care of yourself is fundamental !! ... and in that sense, life has changed us forever, we can never neglect ourselves because little by little you make you mistake and do not follow the guidelines to the letter, Zasss, hyper or hip, nofailure!!

Regarding the downturn that gave me the other day after eating, the educator has given me the same advice as you;Click after eating, not before.The varying the dose I have already realized that it does not suit me ... I know that there are people who add and subtract units according to the glycemia values, but my endocrine has not explained it to me and I prefer not to do experiments... I have enough to try to get used to this new situation :?

Maria J.'s profile photo
Maria J.
11/24/2010 9:34 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.