Diamyd

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/16/2010 10:21 a.m.

Hi Foros.
Proximly, I have an appointment with the endocrine to give me the results of the analytics.Before talking to him, I advance, consulting you a feared.
It seems that diamyd trials are in phase III.I would like to know according to your experience, if it would be appropriate to be the same endocrine that recruited the patient to participate in this type of trial, whether it is type 1, as if it is type 1.5, (lada).Or, the one who wants to participate in according to what study, is it on other ways?And another thing, is it necessary to be insulin of the dependent to enter these essays?

And according to your opinion, diamyd as a treatment, (in pills or in injections-no idea of ​​how it is administered), it is already a reality, that is, these types of patients, could be excited but with healing, yes with a quasi control-Perfect of your glycemia?.
At the level of treatments I see it, (at least as they paint it on paper), as the next step to the insulin that is marketed today.Although both types of drugs had to be combined, according to the results of phase II, it seems that blood glucose would be more "easy" to control, right?

greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/16/2010 10:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Holasss

The requirements to participate in the Dyamid are quite hard, first because a type 1 is needed with a high C peptide, that is, enough insulin reserves something unusual ...

The "unique" Dyamid it does is preserve insulin producing cells for a while, that is, the honeymoon prolongs ... something that I do not know if it is good at all.
Do not cure diabetes.

From what I know, it is only for type 1, no lada or other types of strange diabetes: mrgreen:

You must make an open thread in this same forum on this subject, perhaps for the search engine something comes out ...
Let's see if this weekend I have time and look at my links and notes and write something else about this.

DiabetesForo
11/16/2010 6:10 p.m.

thank you.
Anyway, I want to erase the subject.I have no interest.Every time I go to the doctor, I change my schemes and I want my desire for everything.When I think I know some diabetes, I plant a bolablanca in front of them almost ridiculing me.He has laughed when I have used the term diabetes 1.5.

Today it results, according to this new endocrine, that to be lada, I would be older than I have, (34).And that without the analysis in my hand, I have so much probability of being both type I and type II.

That, counting that my glycemia levels are, until now, normal, my complexion is thin and I have no family history, or pregnancies present or past.That I do not intend to carry yes or yes, it is not that it wants to be a lada type, I just want that no possibility is overlooked, to know what to stick to as progress is being made in treatments.For that, I need to know the same as all, at 100% what kind I am.Come on, I don't think the question either was out of place, so that I have laughed on my face, paca !!: Shock :.

I do not know, I thought that the rice had already happened to the type I, (in addition to understanding, that if the debut had been brutal and very far from normalized levels).I also thought it was too young and thin for type II, as well as that until the diagnosis, I had maintained a diet too healthy to enter this category.
And yet, Lada is not a possibility.I don't understand.

I have sent me antigad, antiia2 and peptide antibodies.
Wouldn't the antibodies have also sent me?I have a black ball and I know how to use it.

Thanks again

DiabetesForo
11/17/2010 7:53 a.m.

Arrobita, has touched a "stup -ond" ... abbreviation of stupid and endocrine.

By age you are likely to have type 1 diabetes or type 2
Your age discards you from mody -like diabetes, not lada diabetes ... There is precisely suspicion when lada more than 25 years old

Yes, it should have marked the ICA antibodies to complete the diagnosis ...
Diabetes markers: Link O+17%2f11+

DiabetesForo
11/17/2010 11:15 a.m.

Thanks Owash.
The only thing, that I just found out, (for you), that type I diabetes can have a controlled start.I was convinced that the beginning in type I was always abrupt.More than anything, because of the conversations with the 3 head doctors that I have seen ; "... as you have already left adolescence, and since you have not fired the levels from the beginning, it is not that noYou will be type I ".Type summary, those conversations.

I guess I know something else ,,, until I know the next stup-endo, I also suppose.

Ah, I can't see the markers in the attached link.I leave one that I have found and that has been very instructive,

DiabetesForo
11/17/2010 12:54 p.m.

Hello arrobita,

I fear that this trial is already in its final stretch and is no longer including patient, you can find information here Link ... D65 & AMP; Rank = 2 .

As for the system to recruit patients for clinical trials in case you are interested for others that can be done, not all doctors can include patients in an essay (only doctors who are participating in the trial, yours could refer to youTo some if he does not participate but does not usually happen especially if they are not from the same hospital) and not all patients are suitable for all essays, they must meet some inclusion and exclusion criteria that are sometimes very strict.In this case, they requested type 1 diabetics between 10 and 20 years of age with 3 months of evolution, with C peptide values ​​on fasting people over 0.1 Nmol/L and with high GAD65 antibodies.In addition, it could only be in treatment with insulin and not with other types of antidiabetics.

If you are interested in other essays that can be done on diabetes or that are going to be done I recommend you look from time to time the website Link And there you can search for pathology (in this case diabetes) and by country.

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/17/2010 5:43 p.m.

Thanks Marta

DiabetesForo
11/18/2010 5:03 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.