{'en': 'Drink the weekend and parties', 'es': 'Beber el fin de semana y fiestas'} Image

Drink the weekend and parties

aDriii's profile photo   11/16/2010 12:26 p.m.

Hello, Foreos friends!

I come to ask what you do with the theme of alcoholic beverages (Cubatas, in particular).

The doctor told me that when he goes to a bar to drink, he should opt for Coca-Cola Zero because he has no sugar, but instead, with the cubatas I must take them with normal coca-cool.

According to him, alcohol lowers blood sugar level, while normal coca-cola rises, which "compensates" the effect.

I would like to know your opinion: what do you drink, how much do you drink, and how do you handle it?

I would like to listen to their experiences from normal people who party and all that, do not be as strict as the doctors who tell you that you do almost nothing.

Tell me what they drink and how they carry it.

The doctor told me that 1 or 2 cubatas are not a problem, but before drinking I prefer to ask people here that, like me, it is diabetic, it goes out of party and baby.It has been practically a month that I debuted as a diabetic, and I have left the disco a couple of times, but I still don't feel safe to drink as before, not even a cubata ...

I am "fear" that something happens to me, that's why I come to ask them how much they drink and how they handle it.

Before, I used to drink a little more, without exaggerating, but I liked to have that "point" of the 3 or 4 cubatas to have a better time.I have also heard that it is good to eat nuts while drinking cubatas ...

Well, you will know more than me, I'm a rookie in this

Thank you very much, friends!See you for the forum!

PD: I forgot to say that I am 18 years old, so they will understand that I am in the age "partying" and the cubatas hehehe

aDriii's profile photo
aDriii
11/16/2010 12:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In that link they tell you about the precautions when drinking alcohol.

On a practical level, keep several things into account.The first is never drinking with an empty stomach.The second is to be moderate in alcohol consumption.
Your doctor has explained it well: if you drink cubatas, take them with normal cocacola, no ligth or zero, because distilled drinks lower glycemia.The fermented (wine, beer, cider ...) upload it, although then they also lower it after a few hours.
It is best that you drink a little and do enough controls, to see how your body reacts to alcohol and know what you have to do.
When you drink, it's good that you eat something.The nuts are fine, but always controlling glycemia.

And he also thinks that alcohol is not usually taken, but that you usually move, dance, etc.You have to also take it into account.

Have fun, but control, to avoid scares.He thinks that one of the greatest dangers is that alcohol cancels the liver ability to respond to hypoglycemia.If you have hiccup having drunk, the glucagon will probably not work and you will need emergency medical assistance.It may also happen that your friends confuse a hypo with being drunk, which is very dangerous.Notems of what happens to you and how they should act in case of emergency.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/16/2010 2:22 p.m.

Good, Adri.

What Alea advises you is vital: you have to verify how your body is reacting to alcohol, because if in diabetes none is equal to that of the side, with alcohol in between and not even tell you.

Even so, I tell you my experience: I have never drank practically anything and in part it is because as I debuted at 9, I have always had respect.The days I go out I take a drink or a half and a half (cubata almost always, or rum with lemon) they usually give me quite pronounced climbs (250-350) despite physical activity (which is not enough for you to do the fool even though it does not dance, it shows) and at first I sinned to put insulin.No maybe what I would have put me at home, but my good 8 units (at home they would have been 12) Result: at the hour and a half, downturn pronounced (around 40) juice to correct.Bassoon.Juice.Stability on 80-90.And I always always ended up lifting high, in part Phque did not wake me up to put on the lantus in the morning and of course, I just had the quota of the previous day.

Tip: Take a cubata.Mind yourself.Wait.If you put insulin, put very little (I now when I get the same way 4u in the middle of the cup) and always carry more than two juices with you, especially if you are one of those who stay to see the sunrise (I at 5As I pick up, I don't endure hehehe)

As for the amount of drink, once again is a world.As soon as I notice that I am getting up unemployment, because I am afraid of not clearly noticing the symptoms of hypo, and taking into account that I notice them when they are already quite low (60-50) I can not risk muchfurther.I would advise you not to be far beyond that point, as a precaution, but you will have to try to know how you are.I hope it has served you.

All the best,

Ali

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/16/2010 6:39 p.m.

Apart from what they have told you, that it seems fundamental to me, do not you think it is too early to start doing that kind of purebas?I mean that the beginnings until you find the appropriate pattern that if the honeymoon, that if the portions, etc., a little chaotic, there is not much establishment, lack and knowledge, not only for alcohol, but for anotherType of extras you don't usually take.In any case, if you decide to take something, better indications that you have given you you will not find them.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/17/2010 5:53 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello!The tips that have already given you are very good.
When I drink I do not sully insulin because the reaction of my body is the hypoglycemia after a few hours when stopping drinking, so when I usually get home as something and the next day I do not prick the slow one because I am in 90100 140 Eat what eats.But I know people who get insulin to drink, so you want to have a cup what you have to do is know how your body reacts, since each diabetic is a world.

And another thing, it is necessary to explain to the people with whom you go out that you are diabetic, in case something happens;)

All the best!

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
11/20/2010 12:45 p.m.

: Shock :: Shock:

I subscribe everything said by Alea

The best advice is that you do not drink ... but well, we each do what we consider appropriate.
A drunkenness not taken in time in a person with diabetes has many possibilities to end up in the UVI of any hospital.

If you do always, always mix the alcohol with sugary soda ... Mind yourself every hour and do not stop the sensations you have ...With the caught pointed, what you think you feel ...

The next day, get the slow one, it is mandatory ... otherwise you will unite the malfunction of the liver (it takes to recover and re -accumulate glycogen reserves) to the possibility of ketoacidosis ... In my view there is noNothing worse for us than tremendous downs and climbs them in very few hours ...

Anyway, that the experiments with soda and do not play a visit to the UVI for drinking alcohol without being completely sure of what you do

DiabetesForo
11/21/2010 3:25 a.m.

It is worth friend but a question, when you go out and say that you return to 90 100 140 .. how much do you drink?1, 2, 3 cubatas ..?XD And something else, you are talking about going out at night ?:

If it were the case that one day I leave late because you once the Saturdays VAT to a disco in the afternoon of +18 that was from 6 afternoon to 10 from night and used to drink about 3 cubatas, I got home andskewer insulin and normal ceno or what?: S: p

Gracas :)

aDriii's profile photo
aDriii
11/21/2010 8:41 a.m.

: Shock :: Shock:

I subscribe everything said by Alea

The best advice is that you do not drink ... but well, we each do what we consider appropriate.
A drunkenness not taken in time in a person with diabetes has many possibilities to end up in the UVI of any hospital.

If you do always, always mix alcohol with sugary soda ... Mind yourself every hour and don't giveAs good for the sensations you have ... with the caught tip it is not worth what you think ...

The next day, get the slow one, it is mandatory ... otherwise you will unite the malfunction of the liver (it takes to recover and re -accumulate glycogen reserves) to the possibility of ketoacidosis ... In my view there is noNothing worse for us than tremendous downs and climbs them in very few hours ...

Anyway, that the experiments with soda and do not play a visit to the UVI for drinking alcohol without being completely sure of what you do

Nono is not always, they are not a drunk Haha but I drink the Saturdays, when I boy wing, only the Saturdays, and I liked to drink my 3 cujatitas to fuck the tip: P

I just ask that I would only like to drink the Saturday how I yata before, I do not drink beer the days of every day or wine or anything, I just drink the Saturdays some cubatas and I want to know if I can continue drinking them or that ...: P
thank you

aDriii's profile photo
aDriii
11/21/2010 8:45 a.m.

Let's see, I talk to you at night ... And I don't drink cubatas (I don't like them), but calimoxo and beer ... and I drink enough (one or two liters of calimoxo +- 4 beers), at the same timeI dance a lot ... but I'm talking about leaving ... well, huh, go out at 12 at night and return at 8 or 10 in the morning, which is what I do when I leave.
If I leave some Friday or Saturday afternoon I do not usually drink, at most a beer.

And another thing, the days that I go out and I do not drink, in the bar I drink water and sugary juices because but ... hypoglycemia to singing!

You if you leave in the afternoon from 6 to 10 and drink 3 cubatas and click on the insulin of dinner and dinner because you probably have hypoglycemia at night, but I already tell you that it depends ... if you decide to do it, measure yourself several timesIn the disco and when you get home, and values ​​what you are going to do ... I personally put me less insulin or I would not put it, because if you have severe hypoglycemia and your liver is busy to eliminate alcohol the glucagon would not work..

Greetings!

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
11/21/2010 1:56 p.m.

This issue reminds me of my adolescence ... hahahaha :))

I have diabetes from 9 years and until 20 I didn't drink a drop of alcohol.I went to the disc, and since they had no light, because my tonic and I so pancha with my fluorescent drink (:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) You know that the tonic becomesFluorescent blue with the black light of the disc?).But at a given time, my endo told me that I did not have to be so restrictive, and that if I took a couple of wine drinks, having dinner promptly or a cubata if it came out, nothing happened, and as in everything, always without abusing.

What he never told me and I have never done is take the cubata with sugary drink, always with light or zero tail and I have had few hypos (I don't remember any, but come on, I don't want to sin exaggeratedly saying that I have never had any),At most I have risen a little shorter than normal, without getting to Hipo.Regarding the type of alcohol, at first I took voice, but now I always drink whiskey (and when I say I always mean when I go out, 5 or 6 times a year :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)):))).

As they have said, everyone must know how their body reacts and we should never forget the important in all and especially in people with diabetes: moderation.A glass of wine and a cubata punctually nothing happens, every Saturday, perhaps it is excessive, especially if your glycemias decompensated a lot.

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/08/2010 8:16 a.m.

Good evening: D I have been here again, the creator of the subject, and I already have jiji results

First Saturday of drinking cubata, after dinner and put the lantus, I went to the bar with my friends and I drink a JB cubata with orange fanta, result, I get up at 71: d first day perfect xD

Second Saturday the same, Cubata himself, 80 I something.
Third Saturday, increased my dose of cubata and I drink a jug that they do in the bar that boy whenever it is a cubata but half a liter, which becomes 2 cubatas, or 2 cubatas and little how much, such a pimPam Mela I drink I went to sleep and the next day I wake up at 71 !!: D

(Haha nose if it will be luck or I am being able to drink practically how before .. xD)

Fourth test, and this time in a disco, I drink 2 cubatas in the disco, which are the 2 consumptions that came to me with the entrance XD, but this disco is afternoons, it is 6 afternoon to 10, "while I was inTrain towards the disco, I ate a snack.

Well, comment that I think of my evidence XDD, the only day that had a problem is the day of the nightclub in the afternoon that I went home to dinner at 59 .. Maybe it is because it is in the afternoon instead of being at nightlike the other 3 tests in the bar, or for the dancer .. hehe

Ale thanks to everyone for commenting and I hope you are going through all Bieeen Gracas: D

aDriii's profile photo
aDriii
12/17/2010 4:45 p.m.

Adri, anyway you never trust.That in diabetes they are never 2+2 in normal conditions, and if there is alcohol in between ... I don't even tell you.And one 21 years old tells you that if it comes out, you drink quietly, but loaded with juices and measure me every hour to see how I evolve.From experience I tell you that the juices is essential: I have had scares of having descents, not being able to overcome and not carry anything more when I was taking the bus.I ended up going home in taxi because I did not dare to be 1h waiting for the bus without knowing if I was going to give me another descent, and it was very stressful and that I was going with friends.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
12/24/2010 5:31 p.m.

Mother! I have been with diabetes for a year and I have not tried alcohol esq, I am very afraid for the descent!Do not drink alcohol Nad, my friends buy bottles and I take my Coca Cola Zero and I always have a great time, that's all psychological.
Anyway, I think it is too soon to be trying with alcohol, because at the beginning the results are very pretty xo deq spend more time you will see that everything is affecting you all more!
Anyway, if you decide to drink, take care of you and that everything is fine!

DiabetesForo
01/10/2011 4:55 p.m.

Drink I am not going to tell you that you do not drink, you are at age, hehehe ...

What was to click little or nothing, because they have dinner at home as you don't dinner.

Realize that as they say do not drink, you are usually moving all the time, the important thing is to wear sugar, and try that day to leave home with a high blood glucose, 160-170 to avoid scares.

And most importantly, that your drunken friends know that you are diabetic.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/18/2015 12:45 p.m.

Hi guys!!!Drink theme ...
Key point to use sugary drinks (take into account k the distillates lower sugar ...) I drink gin tonic and control quite well.
Fat problem for many controls K do ... at the hours (enough to have drunk you will have an almost insured hypo) you have initially have a rise (if it is upDo not correct myself but then download it is more complicated.But nothing excessive.

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
06/19/2015 2:06 p.m.

If I have to walk to the bathroom every little to look at how I have the glucose, I cut the roll in such a way that I would end up thinking of throwing myself into the river.

In recent years I was never going to party, but the very rarely ones that I go a year, I like to drink continuously all night, and not precisely just a Gin Tonic.
I do not conceive being partying and not drinking, for me they go hand in hand.

This summer I will stay at home that I win more, I do not plan to go out to drink a miserable cup and on top of having to walk the glucose all night.I would only win the very bad mood, and remind myself how much my life has worsened.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/19/2015 2:59 p.m.

It happens to me a little like you artories, I prefer not to take cubatas, I think it does not conpass me having to be aware of glucose every time.In the end instead of enjoying the night I would be overwhelmed.Nor do I miss the truth, I had horrible hangover.

I already practically do not party (the age, is what it has) but if I leave tapas or take the snack I usually take some wine. In summer I take advantage and when I go to some terrace I take reddish red with landlord that has little alcohol andrefreshes a lot.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/19/2015 6:47 p.m.

Well, when I take the cubatas I take them with Coca Cola Light and then as I see (I have the dexcom) as something, type some cookies, or sometimes a chupa chus, or some candies that hits more with the situation, to me noThey climb me especially, much or quickly, that I do better than if I coca normal cola that although then it goes down, first it puts a printing chupinazo, I lame the 300 and peak at the speed of the lightning and then I do not know how many units put meBecause at the same time I have the alcohol going around my body and then when I am already in bed to the many, it gives me a championship descent from which you see that the world runs out, I have already tried it

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/19/2015 11:48 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hahaha .... I don't get much, but what happens to you.

The good thing is that I carry the free style, and without problems, measurement to sing every half hour.The hypos with the glasses appear sooner or later: candies and in the extreme case a soda or orange juice.

Of course, before bedtime and if there are better sweets, after a night of jaleo sugar last hour for me is a blessing, in that case there are no regrets.

JUAN DAVID 's profile photo
JUAN DAVID
03/27/2018 3:01 a.m.

This thread is not active since 2015 ??There is someone there ...?!

JUAN DAVID 's profile photo
JUAN DAVID
03/27/2018 3:03 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.