Glucose curve

publi's profile photo   11/19/2010 6:24 a.m.

Hello guys, thanks for the warm welcome to the web.I will tell you a little my case to see if you can help me a little and thus clarify.

I am 30 years old, I am 1.63 and weight 60 kg.I have hypothyroidism and I drag a fever of unknown origin for 3 years.

I started to give dizziness, blurred visionsugar.

He gave me a very strong scare he will make 3 weeks at the GP.I couldn't move, I didn't feel my arms, I was totally paid.I thought I was going to die.The doctors knocked me on a stretcher quickly and acting running.I am injecting glucagon before taking a blood sample.He called an ambulance and sent me to the emergency room, there they took the blood sample that came out glucose 100.

After that scare sometimes I am quite tired, half disoriented (as drunk) and very dizzy after taking a piece of cake or a sweet.

Hence they made me a glucose curve to see if they got something clear and gave me a glucometer.I made a glucose curve with a 100gr load (I am not pregnant) for my symptoms, to rule out prediabetes or know if it is a possible reactive hypoglycemia.

As in a month or so I have no consultation with the endocrine, I put my analysis here to see if they can give me some of
information.

Basal glucose (89 mg/dl) [76-100]

Glucose 30: (192 mg/dl)
Glucose 60: (189 mg/dl)
Glucose 90: (136 mg/dl)
120 glucose: (126 mg/dl)
Glucose 180: (118 mg/dl)

Basal insulin (19.8 UU/ml) [2,6-24.9]

Insulin 30: (131.3 UU/ml)
Insulina 60: (178.2 UU/ml)
Insulina 90: (164.3 UU/ml)
Insulin 120: (139.7 UU/ml)
Insulina 180: (125.1 UU/ml)

Peptide C in serum (2.87 ng/ml) [1,1-4,4]

Peptide C in serum 30: (8.62 ng/ml)
Peptide C in serum 60: (11.66 ng/ml)
Peptide C in serum 90: (11.61 ng/ml)
Peptide C in serum 120 (10.43 ng/ml)
Peptide C in serum 180: (10.16 ng/ml)

At first glance it seems that glucose is normal, but using the glucometer once it gave me 214 after snacking.Another 109 on an empty stomach and after breakfast at 2 hours I kept having 109. Yesterday I was very rare and took it in the afternoon at 4 hours of lunch and gave me 116, then I took it again after 1h and a half and a half and a halfTo snack and I was 116. NOSÉ, I see it a bit weird.

Thank you very much for everything and forgive for the roll I released.

publi's profile photo
publi
11/19/2010 6:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

All blood glucose values ​​seem normal to me except for the one you said after a snack (but it would be necessary to see that you had crossed and how long it passed between that snack and looking at the PQ glucose could also be normal), 89 mg/dl infasts and 126 mg/dl 120 minutes after an intake are totally normal values ​​for a non-diabetic (I would like to have them), you have not said how much time it happened between the injection of glucagon and that they will look at you the glucose in emergencies butAfter a glucagon injection soon you have 100 mg/dl I would say that it is not diabetes.

In fine ... Let's see what the doctor tells you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/19/2010 7:49 a.m.

Values ​​seem normal ...
Didn't you have more emergency tests?CT, ultrasound, rays ...:-/
The symptoms you accounts usually happen early in the morning?

Perhaps, they could enter you and after 2-3 days in fasting control the peptide C and the blood glucose much better to see how your pancreas works ...

I hope everything is left in a substitute

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/21/2010 3:48 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.