Home disease

FERNY's profile photo   11/24/2010 7:09 a.m.

Hello, I wanted to comment on my case in case someone has happened to something similar at the beginning of the disease.I am going to turn almost a year of my debut and I have almost since the beginning of the honeymoon.I currently put 5 Levemir at night.X The morning I don't put anything in and breakfast about 8 rations throughout the morning to reach 75, 80 or similar lunch.At that time depending on what I will eat, I get fast or not, it depends (if I wear 3).Merando (2 RAC) and at dinner time I usually be between 90 and 100. For dinner I do put 4 quickly although I have previously done sports (football) I do not wear any insulin, as the same and my levelsBelow D 120. I have been doing new tests x if they were type 2 diabetes because the situation has told me the endocrine k is lengthening more than normal.The case is k virtually no doubt of k suffer from type 1 diabetes because I do not give at all the type 2 diabetic profile, weight 67 kilos, 31 years, etc. Also in my debut it was quite clear.I just wanted to know if someone similar to the beginning happened to someone.I guess !!!!!!!!Or I hope that was because the truth is K in this way is much more bearable, but well, when the situation I change here I will be prepared to take it in the best possible way !!Greetings and thanks.

FERNY's profile photo
FERNY
11/24/2010 7:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Ferny,
So I understand the honeymoon can be extended for a year or more, I am going to do 8 months from my debut, and I am on a honeymoon, which I do not know when when
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/24/2010 7:21 a.m.

There are times that diabetes detection is so early, the beginning of the autoimmune process is taken and the workload of the pancreas is reduced (which is left).

In your case, perhaps it would be convenient to lower 1 Levemir unit so as not to have to go so adjusted to meals, taking into account that you exercise enough, so you comment.

It could also be that you had type 1.5 diabetes or lada diabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/24/2010 4:37 p.m.

Hi Ferny.I am your same age, 31 years and weight about 70 kilos.I debuted 2 years and 7 months ago.At first I click little, more than you, yes, although I do not practice any sport or exercise.I started with 12 units of Lantus and 3-5 of Novorapid at meals.Little by little I had to increase insulin doses, both fast and slow.At present, weighing and eating the same as at the beginning, I punctuate 22 of Lantus and 7-11 of novorapid in the meals (as enough).

The truth is, I find this issue curious since the honeymoon is discussed as a well -defined period, which ends almost suddenly, but for me it has been very gradual, little by little I have needed more and more insulin.

However, my controls are equally good as at the beginning.I have stable glycemia throughout the day.If not as I am always between 50-80 and after meals it is very rare that you have glycemia greater than 180, the normal between 100 and 150, and that calculates everything by eye, nothing sorrow or eating the same always.

Although I still have a little honeymoon.

Carlos1979's profile photo
Carlos1979
11/29/2010 7:56 p.m.

Well, I am another case of a long honeymoon, from 2 to 3 years.Of course, my end of the honeymoon was not abrupt, I simply stopped having to increase my insulin dose every several months.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
11/30/2010 2:05 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.