{'en': 'Curious thing ... low glucose levels for several days, has anyone happened to anyone?', 'es': 'Cosa curiosa... niveles bajos de glucosa durante varios días, ¿a alguien le ha pasado?'} Image

Curious thing ... low glucose levels for several days, has anyone happened to anyone?

lestaf's profile photo   11/25/2010 1:10 p.m.

Hello good afternoon,

First of all tell you that I am type 1 diabetic (insulin -dependent) for almost 30 years and these days something has happened to me that is at least curious and that I do not get to understand.

You will see, since last Tuesday night, I was a little bad after dinner, and well what I had was hypoglycemia, well the most curious thing about the case is that I fed and came to take sugar since I was 0.25.

But the most curious thing about the case is that I have been almost two days and I can't get sugar, and I have tried everything, obviously lower my dose, include sugar foods and nothing ...

In two days I have self -controlled the sugar about 10 times a day and I do not pass from 0.50, it is something at least curious, and I would like to know if someone has happened to someone or something similar, obviously if I continue like this, I will go to the doctor.

Thank you very much and greeting to all.

lestaf's profile photo
lestaf
11/25/2010 1:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Sorry Lestaf, when you say 0.25 and 0.50 In what units are you talking about?
For fact, for what you say, which are low values, I would lower insulin, although you have to take into account when those values ​​are, if before eating, then or always.To know if you have to lower the basal, the fast or both.

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/25/2010 1:20 p.m.

Since almost the prehistory of this disease the machines are graduated in mg/dl, however, in the "jargon" of endocrine doctors I have always heard them speak in terms of g/l (mysteries of life ...).

If you are talking in terms of g/l values ​​such as 0.25 and 0.50 correspond to 25 mg/dl and 50 mg/dl in the "jargon" of the rest of the mortals and glucometers ...

If this is so on the subject of units and in the subject of values ​​I do not believe anything about the story.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/25/2010 1:31 p.m.

Being in 25 glycemia you can't be 5 minutes ...

DiabetesForo
11/25/2010 3:43 p.m.

If you don't have symptoms I would probate with another device ... because it is rare to be so under the whole day and be so normal!
All the best!!

Bylma's profile photo
Bylma
11/25/2010 5:33 p.m.

Debut 2010,Tipo I.Apidra+Lantus. Glico 7,3% :(

I clarify topics, maybe I had to put it as it appears in the device or gocometer, when I put 0.20 it is an obviously a grams the device, brand 20, I repeat I had to put it as the device puts it, something else, the device is fine, since it is relativelyNew, I will have it a few months and it has obviously been tested by my relatives, and they do a figure say good, I have obviously lowered the dose, my question was in case someone had happened something similar, since I repeat I haveAlmost 30 years already of illness, and obviously, I suppose that like everyone else, I have had strong hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia, but never a hypoglycemia had lasted for as many hours and exposed it as data, that lowing dose and taking sugars, I followed in excessively low figures, and the truth was somewhat worried, another thing that says that the story is not believed, tell him that I sincerely have anything other than to get into a forum of such a serious disease, and start inverting comics, I don't know butThat is something that I have never done and I will never do perhaps you and that's why you say it, well I said thank you very much for your time and greeting everyone.

lestaf's profile photo
lestaf
11/26/2010 6:06 a.m.

Hello, something similar happened to me and the truth is that I am very scared (and I'm not lying: P)

I went to Granada four days to see a friend, and when I arrived he gave me a downturn, I took sugar, at night I was still going down, I took a glass of milk with cookies, in the morning I got up to 40 ... Thus threeDays, I spend fatal.I went down the street and they had to hold me because I fell to the dizziness floor, I reached 25 and there was no way to climb the sugar.I got the basal for 80% and still continued with the hypoglycemia, I spent half a day without connecting myI am ... the truth is that I have a very bad time and my friend is very scared.I returned home and spent two days needing less insulin, but soon I returned to normal.

He told the endocrine and it was very skeptical ... he told me that it had been for the exercise, but in my life something like that happened to me and I did nothing very exceptional (I drank alcohol or na)

tica's profile photo
tica
11/26/2010 8:10 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

From your first post I only referred to the glucose values ​​that you say that you have because it was the fact that I had most of that post but it is not the only data that failed me, perhaps I had to develop a little more the PQ I reached that conclusion... But come on, I have no problem doing it now:

(...) I am type 1 diabetic (insulin -dependent) for almost 30 years (...) (...)

From my point of view (which may be wrong) someone who has been diabetic for type 1 is not a rookie, it is someone who has survived those 30 years as little has a series of concepts about what this disease isClear ones.

(...) These days something has happened to me that is at least curious, I was a little bad after dinner, and good what I had was a hypoblucemia, good the most < curious of the case is that I fed and I came to take sugar since I had 0.25 , but the most curious of the case, is that >I have almost two daysWith sugar and nothing, in two days I have self -controlled the sugar the sugar about 10 times a day and I do not pass the 0.50 , is at least curious (...)

I don't know where to start ...

From my point of view (which may be wrong again) having sustained glycemiaIt is not at all a pleasant experience) PQ for me and for many people those values ​​are of severe hypoglycemia and that someone tells it as if it were an anecdote to my personally scandalized me.

You start the story telling that it is something "at least curious" and you make a few references that it is simply "curious."

You have been with this disease for 30 years and have you never suffered hypoglycemia to know what your symptoms are?It is not that sometimes we did not detect them but you speak clearly that you noticed that "you were a little bad" that is to detect if you detected it but apparently you were not able to know what it was and that you have been on the subject for 30 years.

You looked with your machine that apparently marks the values ​​in g/l (what machine do you have?) It marks you 0.25 (25 mg/dl so that the rest we find ...) and came to take sugar but what are you telling us?
The doubt I have after reading that to get out of hypoglycemia even you get to take sugar is: how have you left all the hypoglycemia that you have suffered in 30 years?

(...) obviously/U> .

Yes, well, I in your place even would go to a doctor.

The more I stop to analyze your story, the more I think it's a tease ...

As cherry on the cake is the fact that it is a first post and that in the second post instead of giving data such as: age, physical complexion (height, weight), if you have other diseases, if you take other medications apart from insulin, whichIt is your current treatment (types of insulins and doses) and other data that may help to clarify the matter are more concerned with responding to a comment from the 4 or 5 received only PQLet your story are not believed when that comment is only a personal opinion of a person who at least tries to shed some light into the figures since you did not put units.

If it really is happening to you, I apologize a thousand times if necessary and I would tell you that you do not waste time in an Internet forum, that you look urgently or that you go to the emergency of a hospital and if you need toPut a dropper with glucose in vein PQ the matter is serious, very serious.

But it is hard for me to believe that someone who is in severe hypoglycemia values ​​(less than 50 mg/dl) and that he has been on the subject of moving and going to a doctor or going to a hospital to waste time inInternet registering in a forum to count something very serious as if it were an anecdote arriving the tone at some point to see even mocking when with those values ​​if it gives you time to reach the fridge and drink a juice you give yourself a song in theteeth...

By the way ... with 30 years on the subject I imagine that you will know what glucagon is and that you will have a couple of them for emergency cases ... it is not necessary to lose consciousness to be able to put a glucagon ...What do you expect?

DiabetesForo
11/26/2010 9:26 a.m.

You are very right TNT, just like Owah, this is very serious and I think they have put themselves in danger.So much time with low glycemia is to put yourself in danger.Please if you are more than 10 minute, after having eaten things with sugar and do not go up, immediately take you to the hospital.It seems impossible that you can be three days of sugar, it seems science fiction!: Shock :.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
11/26/2010 10:05 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

If you are a whole day low, the next day you have to reduce basal insulin.And, if you are still low, keep going down, until you get a good dose.
Being all day below 50 and not getting back with juices and sugar (it seems very weird, unless there are vomiting) is to get glucagon without hesitation.
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/26/2010 11:21 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Without getting into the dilemma of the credibility of history, I have been with glycemia of 28. And 22. And conscious, and measuring me (when I was 28) because my girlfriend told me that I looked a little pale (then I thenI swallowed cream with sugar that I had on hand and then a juice, obviously) and the second time (which was done, by the way, a scarce month, I was already around the forum) because I did not just find myself well and IIt was hard to remember what I was going to say when I spoke on Tlf.I could go for the juice quietly from the other side of the house.

I am not presuming about it, I don't like a hair (in fact, I was very scared twice because although both I was entertaining, I did not notice them and I hate not being aware of the symptoms) what I mean is that each body is aWorld for hypos and hypers, and you can know how to recognize perfectly a decrease and still not clearly perceive that day in particular for many reasons.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/26/2010 6:37 p.m.

From a severe hypoglycemia it goes out and while you are better to drink/eat something than use a glucagon (although nothing happens to use it).I've ever been there, without going any further with the recent change of insulinas that I have made (from Insulatard+Actrapid to Lantus+Apidra) I have been fifteen days ago in 38 mg/dl and still being totally conscious I did not realize, less bad than for the issue of insulin change I am more on the subject, I caught it on time and taking something I left.

The thing is that the one who has opened this thread says that it has been several days in a row with glycemia between 25 and 50 mg/dl and that no matter how much Come does not come out there apart from releasing any pearl like thatTo get out of hypoglycemia even come to take sugar (namely how it will have left all the hypoglycemia that will have suffered during the 30 years that he says he carries on the subject as forhave to emphasize that he even takes sugar ...)

DiabetesForo
11/26/2010 7:14 p.m.

TNT, I already said that I was not going to enter the issue of whether or not the post was true: I only put my grain of sand in the transverse comment to the main, obviously I know that you know that you can be promptly in those figures.From the other, I really prefer not to assess.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/26/2010 7:21 p.m.

Lestaf why don't you tell us what your guideline is?Your age .... etc, maybe if you don't give more information we can help you or value what happened to you.
I know a person who after many years with diabetes began to need less insulin but it was because he had a very advanced kidney failure.

DiabetesForo
11/27/2010 5:56 a.m.

I'm very sorry, but I don't think this story is true.Several days with a blood glucose of less than 50 and have you not gone to the doctor?
It seems incredible.Don't you know that brain cells only feed on glucose?How is it possible that you have been like this for several days?

'' The brain not only needs large glucose amounts, but it must obtain it in a regular and controlled way.You must also get the right amount, neither more nor less.It is of vital importance that the level of blood glucose is maintained in a range of 60 to 120 mg/dl, in order to prevent a lack of subs by the nervous system. ''

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
11/27/2010 11:03 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.