Greetings and help

bailarina's profile photo   11/29/2010 2:03 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am new in the forum and this is not really like how it works.
I am a breast of a diabetic girl, but we have been 6 years.
Ultimately we carry an lack of control that good ..., the figures are alarming, last hemo 9.9
Mireia is using the lantus, you put 32 units at 12 at night, and it is rotating, not always in the same place, but lately it is doing strange things.In Resopon arrives with great values, 90-150, and at 3 in the morning there are days that arrives with 150 and other days with 400-500.The days that arrives with normal values ​​at dawn, then at 7 it is very high and the days that is high at dawn rises high, I don't know what to do, please if someone has happened to me the same thing that helps me, I amtrying to contact LQ endocrine and there is no way

bailarina's profile photo
bailarina
11/29/2010 2:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello dancer

Welcome to the forum

I imagine that Mireia should walk for the 12-13 years more ... so growth is in full boiling.
Age for different causes is important ... puberty, rule, weight and height gain ... All of that increases insulin needs.
The early blood glucose climbing can be due to growth hormone.

You comment that it changes the injection areas, but in the same area also changes site?
Sometimes it happens that although we change our arm, for example, we always click on the same place of the left arm ... Lipodystrophies occur and insulin loses much of its effectiveness.

Indeed 9.9 is a hemo with which measures must

but you can contact the endo, try it with the educator ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/29/2010 3:16 p.m.

Hi Owash
Indeed, Mireia is 14 years old.The punctures as you say Loos we have controlled, because now it is me the one who clicks, for fear of looking at us.Before each puncture, I usually play, in case any nod, and we always rotate the area.To calculate exactly HC rations., what does not work so well is physical exercise, just the fair.
I believe that Lantus should not be, because then at food time, as well as at dinner time, it arrives with quite normal values, even once has arrived has some hiccup.
It only happens in the early morning, and I don't know what to do.If I could talk to the edator, surely she listened to me and helped me, but for being so good, he has noted his life impossible and has changed hospital, so now I'm a little helpless.
He questions approximately one month, we had to enter it, and it was connected to a pump all night and with glucose drips.The perfect resopon (105 of glucose and takes a glass of milk), at 01.30, begins with anguish, I control it, and appears in the HI (+600) apparatus, with ATOPE acetone, we go to the hospital and in theBlood analytics 730 came out, nor in the same hospital they knew how to give me a unna explanation, I don't understand it either.
I only know that with those values ​​Mireia is not right and I need to do something, some explanation.
I will keep trying to contact the endo, because the next visit is January 14.

bailarina
11/29/2010 3:59 p.m.

With an entry of such characteristics + a 10 ......... and has not yet taken measures?:( :?

If you have possibilities (close to the hospital, work, family obligations ...
You can't wait on January 14 to solve this

but they serve you properly, think about the possibility of changing hospital ... depending on where you live you can have other PSOBABILITIES

As you say, it is not a matter of climbing Lantus because otherwise it will come to food very just that you do some exercise in the morning ...

If you have already controlled all possible variables (diet, basal insulin, control possible deceptions ...) You have 2 options go to Levemir or the pump

DiabetesForo
11/29/2010 4:09 p.m.

Welcome to the forum, dancer.

Little to add to what Owash tells you ...
How often do you see you?Here with a good control, and a hemo less than 7.5 every 3 months, if not, every 1 or every 2 ... I would demand an endocrine change, those figures are too high to keep them.

There is a thread of parents in this forum, in the section I look for someone ... if you want you can spend and tell us what you want.Let's see if we can help you.

Where are you from?

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/30/2010 4:23 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I had written an answer to dancer yesterday, but it has disappeared: shock:

Well, let's go there.Surely, what I am going to tell you is not going to like you, and I honestly hope I am wrong, but your daughter reminds me of mine at her age.Celia is now 16 years old and is improving, but at 14 it was terror in person for the barbarities she did.He ate hidden (and not precisely chard, of course), he stuck sweets, insulin was put in bestial quantities to be able to take an entire chocolate table, or anything else;He forgot other times to put the insulin;He crossed the glucometer and the controls were not done, but it pretended them .....

Anyway, that it sounds to me that Mireia can be doing something similar.And I assure you that it is not so weird.I know more cases of kids who get fed up with the disease, of the discipline, which due to their age are rebel, that generate anxiety for food ...

My recommendation is, apart from what you have been told about advancing the appointment, that you feel quietly with her and talk to her.Ask him what's wrong with him.A mother knows when her daughter lies.Do not get angry, but tell him that you know that he is doing something hidden, and that he can eat those things whenever he knows how to calculate how much insulin put on and do it clearly, without hiding or lying.
I hope you can get what happens to him, because he would bet a sugar -free chupachups, I'm not mistaken.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/30/2010 10:34 a.m.

I agree with Alea.That of 100 to 700 in a couple of hours and with the lantus punctured at night sounds like food (and not precise chard) between hours.It would not be the first case or the last.I have ever done it and being a monitor of a camp they have made it children and you go crazy to control that until you realize.
As Alea has said, I would try to talk to her and see what she tells, maybe making you believe that you know more about what you really feel discovered and tell you.
The truth is that read here sounds unlikely and even hard to think that your daughter is doing such things despite your efforts.However, I see a totally logical response to years of restrictions, care, control that other children of their age do not have to carry.Moreover, if my daughter were I would almost be glad that the reason was this because at least you know the reason and you can solve it in a better or worse way, however, if the reason for these highlands is unknown or is due to hormones, it will be more complicated to find a solution.
Much encouragement !!

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/30/2010 6:03 p.m.

Hello
Thanks for being there.
I have read Alea's post and Martagcs, and she was the reason and not anger because you give me your opinions, hopefully you were reason.We are taking it to Mireia to the psychologist, and it does not seem to have that behavior, but as you say, everything can be, the problem is that this happens between 3 and 7 in the morning, and I do not give me the sensation that can beRaising at 4 to eat a chocolate tablet, hopefully that was the reason, at least it would be calm, because I know that hyper has caused her with a chocolate tablet.
I have spoken with her many times on that subject and always starts crying, telling me that when they enter it through a ketoacidosis it is the one who has a bad time.
As for visits to the endocrine, we go every 4 months, this good or this evil.
To Velia's question, I will tell you that we are from a town near Gandia, specifically Xeraco.

bailarina
12/01/2010 2:18 p.m.

Ballerina, if it always happens at that time, you already have something clear.It may be what they call the effect of dawn, which raises glycemia by hormone action at that time.I think it is a clear case to recommend the insulin pump, which will increase the basal in that section and solve the problem.
Meanwhile, you can try to put an extra insulin at night.I don't know if you have tried to climb Lantus and lower the rapids of the day.Maybe you can also solve it.
Welcome to the forum: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/01/2010 3:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The truth is that I have not tried to climb the lantus, because the endo told me that for its age the maximum were 32 units, peer this begins to have worried, because they are valued very high

bailarina
12/02/2010 2:56 p.m.

For your age?
Change from endo.Insulin does not go by age.In fact, puberty in girls is the time when they usually have the greatest insulin.
Insulin depends on each person and their circumstances, not on age.

Health

DiabetesForo
12/02/2010 4:41 p.m.

Where they take Mireia, at the Gandia hospital? Doctor Ana Bernal?
I am from Valencia

The 32 units is nonsense, which demonstrates a supine ignorance of the endo that has told you, you have no idea.

32 units is not much or little, Mireia has to put what you need ... be 1 unit or 57 units ...

DiabetesForo
12/03/2010 1:29 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.