Hello, I'm a son of diabetic

marcyy's profile photo   11/30/2010 5:29 p.m.

hello everyone.I am from Bilbao I am 23 years old and my father is diabetic type 2, I think.

I don't know how exactly how it has been diagnosed and trained but I would say that about a year and a half.Its treatment is the byeta before each meal.I suppose the adaptation period will be well known, and in case of my father, it happened quite badly, vomiting, bad being general, etc.Now he is adapted, Simplmtne had a couple of bad days last week.

My specific question comes from a news that we read about a medium at the Quiron Hospital in Zaragoza that operates a patient and the results were successful.I would like to know what you know and think about the subject.All information will be well received.

I can contribute the only thing is that here in Bilbao, I have an acquaintance at the Quiron Hospital and asking the doctors we only received that they had heard him there but that nothing clear

marcyy's profile photo
marcyy
11/30/2010 5:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, it is true that metabolic surgery is very useful for type 2. I would recommend that you ask for time with Dr Resa in Zaragoza and talk to him on him.This is your website:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/30/2010 6:44 p.m.

Hi, Marcyy, welcome.

The surgery you talk about is bariatric surgery.
I think it gives good results when the cause of diabetes is obesity.However, I don't think it is the solution in all cases, as some present.Who can better guide you is a good endocrinologist.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
12/01/2010 7:01 a.m.

They call it metabolic surgery and it is true that you have to have a certain BMI, all patients are not done.It is also true that who is practiced no longer has problems with type 2 diabetes. It is something that has been proven for a long time, I do not understand why in the news they presented it as something new ...

DiabetesForo
12/01/2010 7:05 p.m.

Hello
Welcome to the forum

Does Byetta only have?Without any oral antidiabetic: Dianben, Novonorm, Daonil?:-/: Shock:
How old is your father?

Normally the treatment of type 2 diabetes begins with oral drugs (metformin) passes through the combination of several drugs, if glycosylated is not good (metformin+prandin, for example) or metformin+incredin (Dianben+Januvia).
It is very strange that, at least, it does not carry a sulfonirulea to control the glucose of the meals .... I imagine that they will have tried other oral incretins before moving on to Bytta's puncture ..
But in a year and a half it is difficult to go through all these stadiums and end in the exenetide

As for surgery, because type 2 patients are exclusively attached to obesity and cannot lose weight.
One of the main therapeutic measures of type 2 diabetes is to lose weight (in most cases), decrease insulin resistance and overload much less the activity of the pancreas, expanding its "useful life."

DiabetesForo
12/03/2010 1:46 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.