{'en': 'Polialcohols', 'es': 'Polialcoholes'} Image

Polialcohols

Bylma's profile photo   11/30/2010 5:35 p.m.

Hello colleagues !!

Now that Christmas is approaching, my first as a diabetics, I have been investigating in Carrefour the Christmas products "without added sugars" and I have realized that there are many but ... they all have polyalcohols ... And there is my click and my doubt.

I know that the polyalcohols should not take them but anyone knows how to explain exactly because?And if there are amounts that if we can take or something ... do not do you ... Equivalences?.. are prohibited for prohibited ???

I loved chocolate nougat ...... :(

Thank you!!!!

Bylma's profile photo
Bylma
11/30/2010 5:35 p.m.

Debut 2010,Tipo I.Apidra+Lantus. Glico 7,3% :(

Hello bylma,

Prohibited foods as such do not exist, you can eat everything but knowing how to control the amounts of hydrates and the necessary insulin.
Polialcohols, like fructose, are caloric sweeteners that produce 4kcal x 1 gr consumption.Like glucose.They differ from it in the glycemic profile, while glucose elevates the blood glucose levels in a very fast and marked way, fructose and polyalcohols raise it in a slower, less acute but more maintained in time.Occasionally they can be included in the diabetic feed but it must be compensated by reducing the amounts of hydrates of the other foods.

In addition, polyacoholes have another paste, and that is that in large quantities they can produce diarrhea.

The equivalences have to be done taking into account the compositions by % of carbohydrates that are specified in the boxes.

Anyway, if you are only going to take a piece of nougat/mazipan or whatever, you can perfectly take the nougat with sugar and increase insulin a bit.Moreover, in the typical Christmas meals in which fat abounds, it has a delayed effect on glucose absorption and climb is less pronounced but more prolonged over time.

Not with the food "tolerated by the diabetics" with polyalcohols and fructose as with those of a lifetime with sucrose, you can be binge, you have to consume them in controlled and moderate quantities.

In my view, it is easier to control with ultra -grade insulin the consumption of sugar food than with fructose or polyalcohols, since being the fastest and least lasting sudden with an insulin dose you solve it, in the other way you can be noticingThe effects up to 4 or 5 hours later and is more difficult to control, anyway, this is just an opinion.

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/30/2010 6:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

… I know that polialcohols should not take them but anyone knows how to explain exactly PQ?…
>

ein?How should you not?
Of course you can take, but like all the other foods, taking into account their composition, their ingredients (especially fats), and their HC, because the polyalcohols have HC, although less than common sugar, since the body does notIt can metabolize in its entirety, hence they have less energy contribution.
Now practically all sweet foods are sweetened with these compounds, but as I have said, you must take into account their HC as with any other food.Eye to what they have told you up here;If abuses are laxatives (although I have never produced anything, because I am quite restrained eating).

I, perhaps by inheritance of my era of the debut, in which the sugar was the demon to avoid, I do not try anything with sugar (except with the hypos, of course), and whenever I want to eat something sweet, I go to this type of sweetener.They are a good solution.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/01/2010 6:27 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

humm polyalcohols :)) :)) :))

If we are total geeks: mrgreen :: mrgreen:
Take out the issue of polyalcohols in a gathering with friends without diabetes: Twisted: ... insured laughs

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/03/2010 3:16 p.m.

Hahahahaha if I feel geek cdo someone tells me;But it's without sugar !!!As I don't take it and I all geek ... is that it has polyalcohols that the sugar goes up hehehehe and God who has seen me and who sees me ..
Well then that "you can" take the problem is that the hyperglycemia peak is not controlled and it cannot be counteracted with the fast?

Thanks Compiss: d

Bylma's profile photo
Bylma
12/04/2010 7:20 p.m.

Debut 2010,Tipo I.Apidra+Lantus. Glico 7,3% :(

Wow, to smallpox as they say, although I suspected something like that, but I didn't know or didn't want to know hehe.Now I understand many things.Thank you.: Oops:

Indomable_mente's profile photo
Indomable_mente
12/26/2011 2:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.