Postpartum abnormal glycosylated hemoglobin

spark's profile photo   11/30/2010 6:34 p.m.

Hello everyone.My name is spark.I am Argentina.I am 36 years old.At 30 at the root of seeking a pregnancy, I was related to insulin resistance to polychist ovaries.I achieved the pregnancy of my first child with metformin and exercise.Then my second child's pregnancy was spontaneous.At 20 weeks my dad passed away and soon I was diagnosed with gestation diabetes.The rest of the pregnancy was without complications and the levels of sugar were within normal values ​​with metformin of 1000 per day.At 50 days of birth my baby I did the glycosylated hemoglobin study and gave me 6.2%.The blood glucose was 70.
I would appreciate them will help me with information.Thank you.

spark's profile photo
spark
11/30/2010 6:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, spark.

Gestational diabetes sometimes disappears and sometimes stays.

The best thing we can recommend is that you do a periodic medical monitoring in which through analytics they value whether or not you have diabetes.
Nor does it hurt to do glycemia controls from time to time, on an emptyards a few days and two or three hours after eating other days.

With all this, it will be the doctor who values.

Health and welcome.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/01/2010 7:10 a.m.

6.2 of gyzada is something high ... and more having a crio less than 2 months ago.
Normally pregnant women usually have quite low, almost hypoglycemic glycemia ... except gestationals, of course.

As Alea said, it is best that within 1-2 months (at most) you will be controlled by the doctor again.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/03/2010 2:06 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.