Ketones ....

kekiya's profile photo   12/09/2010 12:08 p.m.

Medisense was acquired by Abbott in 1996 so it can be said that they are the same since that year, in fact looks at the strips of any Abbott machine ("Medisense Product with Precision Technology.").

The Opium, Opium Plus and Opium Xceed are names of machine models.

And returning to the theme ... The reactive strips boxes for blood ketone bodies are boxes that only have 10 strips (2 sheets of 5 leafy strips) another reason why possibly scarce more the strips for blood ketone bodies,They do not last a fuck.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/09/2010 5:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have returned to the previous page because, for a moment, I thought I was wrong, but no.I have not spoken at all about the different models of Opium that, indeed, are all of Abbot.I have talked about the One Touch in its different versions, which is from Lifescan.
By the way, he forgot a Bayer glucometer that also gave him in his day.All in Asturias.

DiabetesForo
12/09/2010 6:17 p.m.

Alea but those machines that you say that you have had that they are not Medisense/Abbott. Have you provided them in the HUCA?I asked PQ believed that they carried out a contest in each autonomous community and that the same type of machines is distributed throughout that autonomous community.

I say it because they have always taken me in the HUCA since my debut and the machines that have provided me have always been Medisense/Abbott and I have never had a bomb (they have never offered it to me but it is not especially interested in having it andLess if there is "blackmail" of good hemoglobins to keep it: shock :).

DiabetesForo
12/10/2010 7:51 a.m.

Some in the HUCA and others in the Llanes Health Center.

Anyway, if you go to Teté's consultation, in building A (the famous ninth plant), you will see that on the shelf it has practically all the models of meters in the market.I guess they will assess each case to give each one the one that goes best.
As for the competitions, I think it is not the community who tends these things, but every health area management.And, at least in ours, there are several models that have available, as well as the reactive strips of several laboratories.

Health

DiabetesForo
12/10/2010 9:52 a.m.

Thank you very much for the information of the Cetona Blood meters.On my next visit to the hospital I will consult it, since they had never told me anything :).For what I have seen ACCU Check does not have this type of meters :(.

TNT, blackmail from good hemoglobins to conserve the pump?: Shock: In which hospital?Throughout the process they have never told me that if I had no good controls they took it away ... I suppose that it must depend on the health center in question ...

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/10/2010 10:52 a.m.

I use the optiumxceed and in the health center they give us the strips to measure blood ketone bodies just like glycemia strips (Castilla y León).
I do not use them much, only if I have more than 300.

Greetings: Mrgreen:

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
12/10/2010 1:01 p.m.

The "blackmail" comment of the bomb comes from a comment from Alea recently in the thread that Ruta de la Plata , although I know more or less the endocrine and educators that she has really I have no idea of ​​the matter but I think it seems to mebit...

DiabetesForo
12/10/2010 1:36 p.m.

TRUE.I don't know if calling it blackmail, or to what extent they say it seriously, but the literal comment of the endocrine was that, if the hem did not lower, they would take away the bomb because they have to show the committee that the bomb serves to maintain good control.

DiabetesForo
12/10/2010 1:56 p.m.

true.I don't know if calling it blackmail, or to what extent they say it seriously, but the literal comment of the endocrine was that, if the hem did not lower, they would take away the bomb because they have to show the committee that the bomb serves to maintain good control.

Send noses: Oops: Everything so that it is well in statistics.Nor that the bomb was miraculous in case only 8) :?

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/10/2010 3:18 p.m.

Entering the debate about the bomb, it does not seem to me even a normal half to do it if it is for statistical matter, but honestly, if there is a bad control of diabetes not because of a physiological issue (that the person is very unstable despiteof his good will) it seems normal to withdraw it.It is dangerous if you do not have a little care.Keep in mind that you enter hyperglycemia a thousand times faster than with bolis if you disconnect/do not put the appropriate dose/do not respect the data you give to the bolus recommender.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
12/12/2010 11:28 a.m.

kekiya said:
good ....
It will never open a day in which you do not stop having doubts about this roll of disease .... hahaha.
Well, let's see if you miss me: I am seeing, that many people, diabetics, do the ketonic bodies in a hyper ..... I do not know if everyone does it and I am the only one that still does not do it por who just found out, or you just do some .... and those who medis ... how?with what device?Do you buy it or do you give it to the SS?
A greeting !!

Hi @kekiya

I leave you a link so you can read something else about the subject and a photo with the measurement that you do a few moments ago so you can see how it is live and live.
Below 0.5 the value is normal
Greetings I hope you help you.

Link

DiabetesForo
10/30/2015 4:26 p.m.

Hello, it has been very useful to read this thread, especially because there are endorsbe ", or with" it is not necessary ", without explaining anything else.It was a relief to find this forum at the time :-)

I may not have ketones now, but I know that I have had them, sure, although my controls are great.I had it last February when I went to the hospital (and I realized that in some they do not have the slightest idea of ​​diabetes issues and cut everyone for the same pattern, for what they told me and how they treated me) andI know that I had it before, a long time, when I did not test because in the ssocial they did not listen to me, they did not give me meters or strips (because I did not put me insulin and because I already had symptoms that anyone blamed the diabetes, proque on an empty stomachThe values ​​came out well ... something very debatable for an adequate prognosis without taking into account other variables), and what I suffered from bourarpse and stupid systems has no name.
Of course, I have learned everything to Toro last because it seems that in these parts when one loses weight and stays at 45 kilos, it trembles and has all kinds of pain, what they do is send it to the psychiatrist instead of investigating more.Prejudices to rigid lots and schemes, go, those who mark the performance of many medical workers.Fortunately, the thing is improving;That comforts me somewhat.

Now to this specific case of why I write in this thread: I have a cetona meter in urine.In Valencia they do not facilitate cetonas measure, you have to go ask them please and with several candles:-P the Diabetes Unit of the General Hospital, and the last endo that attended me about the SS (which five different have already seen me, and there I can not do anything, and they ask me all things that I have repeated until I get tired) it did not even provide me with the way to get to them;I will have to call directly by phone, to see if they serve me.

Ah, the glucometer I use (the one they give in my health center) is this: Link
I will ask if you have strips in the pharmacy ... and so I do a test.

I already know that urine marks with delay regarding blood;My urine meter paper marks unit values ​​in unit, and I get the value of "neutral = 7; so I don't know what to do. I usually have hyper peaks, but nothing to do with values ​​as high as theI read that you have some.With the variability of blood glucose, and it turns out that my sensitivity is very high and my body marks things that do not usually give symptoms in other people.It makes me worry a little too much, or that I want to share my already diluted anger (above all, it seems that my tongue or fingers is released in this case :-) as other compis commented, when I have low glycemia;Low for me at this time is 90, nothing hiccy ...)

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
12/29/2016 11:01 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.