the arrival of the hypo is not correct

puri's profile photo   12/09/2010 2:22 p.m.

hello everyone
Since I changed the insulin injection zone (26 Levemir mornings in Barriga when before on thighs), madness came to my life again.I am starting to have small hypos between 11 and 14. Apart from being starting to lower insulin, lunch more than before (within what is allowed), but my question is the following.13 hours, I am preparing the food, not like until 14 or 14.30 (it depends on what time I have had lunch), and I punish to see how I go with all this adjustment of insulin and diet, and I see that I have 78. What do I do?-Pic something to endure?I take sugar directly?I wait and click again risking and is already hiccy?I take fruit?It has already happened to me several times, but I don't know what to do.It also happens to me with dinners, how can I learn to correct this? I imagine that it will be the experience.The symptoms do not serve me much, since the medication I am taking for other things, cause me dizziness, tremors, vertigos, sweats, with which I am all day with the click, click on the finger, although I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, II just want to know what to do in these situations a bit limits.Of course I also imagine that after taking sugar, glucose analysis will vary and I don't know if they will be reliable or not.
A thousand kisses and thanks

puri's profile photo
puri
12/09/2010 2:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

UF, Puri, how difficult.I tell you my experience:

There are days that I am like this in borderline value.When I have taken something, sometimes I have gone well and sometimes, despite having taken only 1r, it has given me a horrible climb.My advice is that if you have 78 aguantes, because sincerely, that value is normal.If you are afraid of the downturn, so you say that the other medications hide the symptoms ... I would take half a ration, and never ever of pure sugar, which is very fast.If you are in 78 and you are not going down quickly, I say that a cookie will work well even if it is somewhat slower of absorption ...

In any case, if you have trouble staying, I would take some medium-opted absorption and some slow absorption (eg, an ounce of chocolate with a little bread) to fix what you have taken.I don't know if it is the best advice in the world but I am what I do ... (that every time I think I'm afraid that the experts then comment !: P)

P.S.I understand that the Levemir is a slow ... It is uncommon to send you to click on the gut, the truth, and more those amounts ...

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
12/09/2010 3:22 p.m.

Normally with 78, without rapid insulin in the body and without doing a large physical activity ... a cookie or a small tip of bread should be enough to climb to 90-100 and that you did not have the feeling of downturn.

The absorption will be the same or very similar depending on where you click ... the fundamental thing is to rotate properly, never click 2 times in a row in the same place and change your needle every time ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/10/2010 1:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.