My HBA1C

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/14/2010 7:06 a.m.

I am worried.The average glycemia of my self -controlles of 128 mg/dl .Separate per hour of control The results are these: pre-deseayuno: 107 mg/dl.Post-deasayuno: 132 mg/dl.PRE-SUMMARY: 94 mg/dl.Post-student: 116mg/dl Pre-Cena: 119 mg/dl.Post-Cena: 199 mg/dl

With these glycemic indices estimated - with the famous formula HBA1c = (medium blood glucose+46.7)/28.7 - that my HBA1C could walk around 6.10%.However, to my surprise, laboratory results turned out to be 7.7%.

Together with the specific drugs for diabetes (Euglucon 1/2-1/2-0 and Levemir 25U) I am taking Plavix 75 and Pricor 40 (hypotensor).

I have the feeling that the unexpected results of HBA1C are taking place since I started taking the printer 40. Can anyone tell me if there can be any relationship between these drugs and the seemingly abnormal values ​​of the HBA1C?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/14/2010 7:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

These formulas that calculate from the medium glycemia the glycosylated hemoglobin value approximately are simply that, approaches.

The formula I knew is slightly different from the one you have commented: (Medium + 86 glycemia) / 33.

Anyway, it is only a small approach (nothing reliable to 100%) because you make a glycemic profile of 6 daily controls with that only the values ​​are available at those specific moments (the pres and post meals and at most at dawn at dawn) and the day has 24 hours, if things are also at that time everything indicates that the rest of the day is also going but it does not have exactly that way.In addition, in diabetes 2 and 2 they are not 4.

On the other hand, glycosylated hemoglobins influence the values ​​of the last three months not only the last month and also somewhat influence the value of anterior glycosylated hemoglobin (although the latter to a lesser extent).

Because of the medication you take for diabetes (Euglucon: oral antidiabetic of the Sulfonylureas + Levemir group: prolonged action insulin analog) it seems that you have type 2 diabetes (you have not said it in an explicit way), I suppose that the values ​​of hemoglobinsglycosylated searched will be the same as those wanted for type 1 diabetes (being below 7%) but does not fix it ... about whether the other medications that you take can influence the values ​​of glycosylated hemoglobins eitherIt looks like but I don't know.

DiabetesForo
12/14/2010 8:01 a.m.

Hi, Xuacu, welcome to the forum.
By your name I deduce that you are Asturian: D

I have a theory about socks and glycosilada.Not only tell the average, but the time you are with each value.I explain: if before breakfast you are, for example, at 100, and two hours later you are at 180, the average would be 140. But perhaps what can happen is that you are 100 one hour, while at 180 you are 3 hours.In that case, the real average would be 160. I do not know if I have explained well.

As for the Practorp, I don't know how to tell you.My husband takes it, but he is not diabetic, so I ignore if he influences glycemia.I think not, but it's just an opinion.

Health

DiabetesForo
12/14/2010 9:47 a.m.

Hi Xuacu

Welcome to the forum

128 is equivalent, more than a glycosilada of 6.3% which, without hypoglycemia would be a result by touching the outstanding one.
The medium glycemia means, a little higher than the rest, are due (I suppose) to the absence of the euglucón ... perhaps all those hours that you spend high after dinner are the cause of the high gyted.

Keep in mind that glycosylated hemoglobin, statistically, is not an average but a median (using Google: d) and although they often look like, it is not the same.

Except that you have kidney problems, the prison should not influence glycemia.

DiabetesForo
12/15/2010 3:04 p.m.

Thanks for all the answers.I have a statistical restlessness that I am sure will solve Owash .I have not managed to find in Google (I promise that I have tried) information regarding the relationship between medium glycemia and HBA1C percentages.

If you can ask me for a "track" to find information about it, I will thank you very much.I know it would be ridiculous (also unnecessary) try to find a formula that relates exactly both measures but, as a simple arithmetic game, I would like to access that information you comment.

Thanks again and congratulations for the dynamism and success of the forum

DiabetesForo
12/16/2010 12:03 p.m.

Glycosylated hemoglobin glycemia
80 mg/dl - 120 mg/dl 5% - 6%
120 mg/dl - 150 mg/dl 6% - 7%
150 mg/dl - 180 mg/dl 7% - 8%
180 mg/dl - 210 mg/dl 8% - 9%
210 mg/dl - 240 mg/dl 9% - 10%
240 mg/dl - 270 mg/dl 10% - 11%
270 mg/dl - 300 mg/dl 11% - 12%
300 mg/dl - 330 mg/dl 12% - 13%
etcetc

DiabetesForo
12/16/2010 12:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.