Let's see if you explain to me and you can help me ...

VICTORGR's profile photo   12/15/2010 5:45 a.m.

Let's see, investigating investigating, about your comments I think I understand that those you use insulin 24h.Or whatever, I use Lantus solostars, then at every meal you do, you have a fast insulin, it's like this or I am wrong .... let's see, I punish my eleven at night 22 of Lantus, and I take velmetiaA pill in the morning at breakfast and another at dinner.Well my results are days that are almost good, but most are a fatality, also use fast insulin actrapid innolet, so my doctor told me that I only have to put it when this about 200. (That is, the majority ofThe times) ... well that is my question, it is bad to abuse fast insulin? Do you do it at each meal?And if so, do you always eat what you eat?And when you click before or after eating?They told me that it is not good to abuse the fast but I also think that it is worse to have the 200 and 250 almost always.You will think that I could also get more about Lantus, but if I do (which I have proven) it gives me hypos.I ask my questions because until January 17 I have no appointment with my endocrine, and as here there are always people willing to help (Owash, Alea ....) to see what you think. Tell you that I have a big problem to theMeal time, because I work in turn, one week tomorrow and another afternoon, it means that one week I am eating at half past twelve in the morning and another week at four in the afternoon, and for me it is an lack of controlgreat.But I have no choice. That's why I punctuate the insulin so late, because so much this morning or the evening at eleven I'm already at home.Well forgive all the fuck that I just liar, I hope you understand me, but ask me.thank you so much.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
12/15/2010 5:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Victor:
Lantus or Levemir insulin are slow insulins that only serve to cover the basal, that is, the time we are without eating.When we eat we have to inject a ultra -grape, Humalog, Apidra, Novorapid .., (Actrapid is not ultra -granted) to cover the intake of carbohydrates, we always have to put a ultra -grant when we eat something.This is what we are type 1.
I do not understand what your doctor means when he says that you cannot or should not abuse the fast insulin, it seems to me that what should not be abused is to have high glutemia: shock: and that is why each one should seekYour best treatment.
The theory says that the ideal is to have a guideline in which 50% of the total insulin in the day is basal and the other 50% of the ultrafid, but that is only the theory.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/15/2010 6:05 a.m.

Because of the medication you say you take (Velmetia: oral antidiabetic that is metformin, lantus: prolonged action insulin analog6 hours with peak at 3 hours)) everything indicates that you are Diábetico de type 2 (you have not said it explicitly).

The majority of the things you have commented are the guidelines that we follow the diabetics of type 1: we put one or two prolonged insulin injections (lantus or levemir) and then at the meals we put an ultra-trap insulin injection orof immediate action (Apidra or Novorapid or Humalog).

You are diabetic type 2 in principle that guideline of insulins/injections does not have you to go well, over time it is possible that you end there, with total dependence on insulin but at the moment you are not there, for now you have its own insulin.

The hypoglycemia that you say that you suffer are because of the insulin Lantus because the velmetia is metformin and by itself does not produce hypoglycemia.

In order for the treatment with Lantus to be effective, not only must you find the appropriate dose, you have to find the time of the day that goes best, maybe at the time you are putting it, it does not go well, if the case is given and theYou have to put in an hour of the day where you are working because it is the time where you are going well because you have no choice but to do it a moment, you go to the bathroom and put it on).

The abusing or not abusing fast or ultra-opted insulin is not that it is good or bad, if it is what we need there is no other to put it is whatever amount, I imagine that you are diabetic type 2 your endocrineIt says that "it is not good to abuse" so you don't eat horse hypoglycemia.

I am surprised a little that of fast or ultra-oxy insulin your endocrine prescribed you (which is only fast, it lasts about 6 hours and the peak of maximum action is at about 3 hours) I do not know ... many endocrine seems that it seems thatThey only have patients of type 2 and are afraid to prescribe ultra-opted insulins.When the lantus together with the actrapid if one passes in the dose of Actrapid it is very easyThe meals or only at some meal I would always put it before the meals PQ apart from the hours of action and the peak commented it takes about 30 minutes to start working.

I would look more at the theme of the Lantus, both his dose with the time you put it on, I may simply with that the thing goes better.

DiabetesForo
12/15/2010 7:35 a.m.

Thank you very much for your answers, you help me a lot.Tell you TNT, that according to an endocrine I am type 1 because it debuts at 29, and according to others I am type 2. That is another doubt that I have that no endocrine knows how to solve me.As they do not know what kind I am, because each one assures me 100% that I am from one or the other, because I believe that the treatment does not finish knowing which one to put on.That is why I keep saying that I always learn more in this forum than in their own consultation.Now I am 34 years old and continue with the same doubt.They told me that there was a test that assured you what kind of diabetes I have, but nothing, that they do not even say anything.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
12/15/2010 7:51 a.m.

If you have been with diabetes for 5 years and you still have its own insulin I would say that you are of type 2, I do not know, 5 years I find too much "honeymoon" if you were type 1 but ... now a few years ago he hasA new subgroup called Lada or Diabetes 1.5 (Diabetes Autoimmune in adults) and maybe it could be one of this group.

I do not know if there is a specific test to know if one is of one guy or another, it sounds to me that for the east theme you look for specific blood antibodies but I do not have much idea of ​​the subject.

You are of one guy or another what has no discussion is to know if you have your own insulin or not, with a test to measure the concentration of peptide C in blood it is known whether or not you produce its own insulin and the treatments are of one type or anotherThey are similar except for the theme of oral antidiabetics (pills) which happens that you the oral antidiabetic that you take is a metformin (the velmetia that, like Dianben) and that can be given to diabetics of all kinds, it serves to increase sensitivityFrom the body to insulin, it reduces the resistance of the body to insulin which in principle causes less insulin to be needed, I think it is a nonsense to give it to a type 1 (unless there is a very high insulin resistance orI have a serious problem of obesity) I see no need to give cane in addition to the skin with insulin to the stomach.

DiabetesForo
12/15/2010 8:48 a.m.

Victor, I think it is essential that they determine, the first, what is your type of diabetes, and that is done with a simple analytical.

My opinion is that you are type 1 and that they are treating you as if you were type 2.

A doctor who tells you that "it is not convenient to abuse fast insulin" is as stupid as it tells you that it is not convenient to abuse chard.Of course, any abuse is bad, but I should start by defining what is abusing an insulin.
Each diabetic needs a personalized treatment and must be the endocrine who studies and prescribes it.If you are type 1, oral antidiabetics only dizzy.You need Lantus as basal and ultra -grape insulin for each meal.
If you are Type 2, it is clear that they are not being hit with the treatment.If you are above 200 and only then do you get Actrapid, you are guaranteeing that this high will last the hours that will happen until the Actrapid begins to take effect (which is not ultra -granted insulin), with the risk, in addition,to generate some hiccups.

My recommendation is that you look for a good endocrine that does the relevant tests (peptide C, antibodies, etc.) to determine if you are type 1, type 2 or lada.And depending on this, they will have to customize the treatment.

Health

DiabetesForo
12/15/2010 10:20 a.m.

What glucosylated hemoglobin do you have?If you are above 7, you don't have a good treatment.
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/15/2010 12:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Regina, because my last hemo was 20 days ago I got out of 8.1.That is why I say that what touches me with the endocrine is not normal.Step by consultation serves me in less than a minute and already is.Until 3 or 6 months do not come.That is the solution that gives me.But this time thanks to you I am informing myself very well and when I go in January I will go with the batteries loaded because this is not normal.By the way, another question.Any of you has gone to the nutritionist?.I am in my weight, I am 1.76 and weight 74kg, but the same would help me with meals, although I do not exceed anything, and practically as well.But for grabbing another nail.
THANK YOU.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
12/15/2010 12:53 p.m.

Hello Victor

As I mentioned in another post, Velmetia is an oral antidiabetic composed of a double component: metformin and sitegliptin (Dianben+Januvia).

As Alea commented, it is essential that they diagnose you correctly.
To diagnose type 1 diabetes, tests of: peptide C, ICA antibodies, GAD, IA2 and IAA are usually done ... although they are usually done if there are doubts about the diagnosis (in my case, for example, there were no doubt,They fulfilled "the 4 P": polyuria, polydipsia, polyphia and weight loss .... together with a glycosylated 15 ... it was evident)
In this link then see the diagnostic criteria and tests: Link ... /cap22.pdf >

In this link:
In chapter 4 you have the full monitoring program for a patient with type 1 diabetes.
This is the theory and the legal ... Then there is no doctor or Valencian hospital (I imagine that nowhere) that complies with 100%

Velmetia does not do absolutely anything, neither metformin nor siteglyptine (an incretin to a type 1: shock ::-/) are indicated for type 1 diabetes.
Your endocrine seems to me an alleged criminal ...: Evil :: Evil:

The nutritionist should help you to understand (but you already know them) 2 basic concepts: carbohydrates and glycemic index ... that next to designing a diet adjusted to your needs is what you should do.
A diet does not mean that it is hypocaloric or that you need to lose weight, but for your type of life you need a specific number of calories and distributed in a specific way.

DiabetesForo
12/15/2010 2:24 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.