Diabetes and pregnancy

tica's profile photo   01/18/2011 3:37 a.m.

Hello,

I do not know if it was in this forum or on another website of diabetes that read a study on retinopathy during pregnancy and I would like to find that document again because if I remember badly they explained the subject very objectively and I would like to teach a person and talk to it withThe doctor (although he will tell me to stop looking for studies/statistics).Does anyone sound like what I am talking about?

Tonight I have begun to overwhelm with diabetes, complications and children ... I have a season of Gordo Bajon for all the weight of diabetes ... Oh !!!How much I hate when this is done uphill!Let's see if the season comes in which one does not remember the happy diabetes at all hours !!!!

tica's profile photo
tica
01/18/2011 3:37 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Tica, I TB.I remember the post but I do not place it, to see if I remember and I find it.
Otherwise sending you encouragement, although as a mother I am not having a good time ... I am lazy, I think that diabetes is also weighing me, you know there are times that we are weaker and if that adds 7 years without sleepOne night of a pull, the head constantly thinking as a Molotof cocktail ... but hey, you have to encourage and think about how good we have.
A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/18/2011 4:36 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia,

You have to be strong and continue in front, try to rest that it is important to be able to order the thoughts (and throw the negatives).For a few years I go to a psychologist and I have done very well.At least I sleep, that before I spent entire nights without hitting an eye.Although that does not free me from giving good term, a little less good and bad seasons ...

My problem is now that I get married in a few months and everyone around me tell me: "Well, the son for next year?"They say it because it is what hits this time, but it makes me think a lot ... since I was little I was convinced that I was not going to have children, I did not like children ... but then you know your partner (what he wants to haveChildren), my Hermnos have children and I dropped the slime with my nephews.

But I panic lose vision ... And I know that in pregnancy the risk of problems increases exponentially.I have been diabetic for 23 years, without complications but who knows how long things will continue like this, I read that more than 80% of the diabetics with more than 25 years of evolution had complications .... A little heavy the statistician, hopefully it is a bitsensationalist, but they are data that make me reflect ...

Sorry for the roll that I have released ... I need to vent: oops:

tica's profile photo
tica
01/18/2011 6:41 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello!!!!!

Tica, I've been with diabetes for 23 years, I have 2 children and on the last visit to the endo (last Thursday) they saw me 3 microaneurisms in one eye, Diagnosis very slight retinopathy.According to the endo are the years of diabetes k I carry, it has not influenced having children, nor the best or worst care, his phrase was k gave me a song in my teeth: shock: having a child, 2, 3, does not havePors to influence K is toke anything, it can happen, it may not happen.I am from the option k I have k pass it will happen, I will not stop living and doing the Kiera for the diabetes (starting from the base of K there is K take care, of course !!) After so many years I have passedFor many gusts, good, bad, regular;) I am now on a bad streak, a high hem but k with a little effort I will go down, it is only between 1/2 point and 1:-//
We do not win anything eating the coconut, Aunk is very easy to say it and very complicated to do so, the complications can come, the important thing is k arrive as late as possible;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/18/2011 10:07 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Taty!

We have been with the diabete "how lucky" Jiji.A question, what hemoglobin do you have?My hemoglobin in these years has always been between 6.5 and 7, removing two years in adolescence that was 8 and some season of 6. Lei (I think that in the study I am looking for) that advise against pregnancy when there is retinopathy.When retinopathy appears, is it for a lifetime or can it be cured?

tica's profile photo
tica
01/18/2011 10:18 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Tica, I don't know if this is the thread you were looking for ... as I don't know if the link will work well, I found it in Hello, I am new, and it is called, I also wanted to introduce myself ...
Sleeping, thank God, it is not for nerves, but for getting up to measure Angela ... for a long time I got up twice at night, and if there are periods of much uncontrolstable I get up only once ...

Taty, a hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/19/2011 6:59 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello!!!!!

Tica, have you seen k "luck" ???Hahahaha, look at my hem right now in 8, I am normally on the 7th tentIt misses, in September it was at 7.5 but between Christmas and a period of several viruses and neglecting because at eight k I have gone, Agggg.The endo told me K I have right now is reversible by returning to 7 but k can come out again for the diabetic age, when they are only microaneurisms and in little quantity I do not worry.If there is retinopathy, they are advisable, it is a natural birth, it has to be Caesarea and being very very controlled, avoiding glucose fluctuations as much as possible but that in a pregnancy is practically impossible, you have good the hem will be up and down.I know several cases of girls with retinopathy k have been breasts and have not worsened, I also know cases in K retinopathy has come out in the root of pregnancy.Is it difficult to decide, huh ??Pregnancy is a risk time, you can touch several things but it is an assumable risk being more or less controlled, I would not hesitate ... I had the oldest with 23 years and at the 2nd with 29, I knew the risks, I knewK could fall complications, I went well and the great majority also goes well.

Greetings!!!!!

DiabetesForo
01/19/2011 2:23 p.m.

My mother, me is one of the issues, which worries me the most ... in case it is difficult to get a "good note" without being pregnant, let's say for example 6.7 .... I don't even want to imagineBeing pregnant, having the pressure or anxiety to try to do everything right and that does not affect the baby. Many times I have very high inexplicable figures, other times, it is because I have put the leg, and others, for example, for a cold.... But hey, I correct and try to do things right, but ... and if all that happens to me?Fear gives me .... I am very fearful, and these things scare me ...
Sometimes you hear, that with a 6.7, you can get pregnant, in other cases, that having less than 6 ... and my mother, it is very complicated when I think I have never had it or strive to the maximum. It's more, there arethat always trying to be between 100,120 ... no more ... and it is very complicated. Simply a state of nerves, a joy, or any chorradina already destabilizes us ... and it goes up or down, and that can affectA baby that is being formed .... Anyway, what a toch I just released you, but hey, they are my fears for still the unknown

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/20/2011 4:56 a.m.

Hello!!!!!

Well, man, spending a diabetic pregnancy with good figures is not difficult if not k is impossible :)) no matter how good we have, the figures are going to dance a little.The important thing is to do many controls and correct every time k it takes.My last pregnancy was almost book, Hemo between 6.8 and 7.5, at the cost of 10-12 daily controls, machaized dedicates but worth it.

On Thursday my endo told me, I leave a little surprised but go, k there are studies in which a 7-7.5 hemo is advised, and we get advisable we have below 6 since they are usually based on declines and increasesBut mortality with 6 k hemo with that of 7, not due to diabetic problems if not due to traffic accidents, work, fainting, blows, as a result of the descent: shock: and k is demonstrated k with a 7 hemo of 7 are maintainedat bay the complications the same k with one of 6:-/
I do not know, what do you think ?????I kill me selling the motorcycle ?????:))

Montse, Guapetona, a strong kiss.How are you?????

DiabetesForo
01/20/2011 6:08 a.m.

hello !!!!!

Well, man, passing a diabetic pregnancy with good figures is not difficult if not k is impossible

Hahaha, because I always see pregnant diabetics with we have 5.9.6.1 ..... and it is difficult to say, not to say almost impossible to reach that figure ... unless, by the time a pregnant woman, she putsFor every week of pregnancy a glucose monitor and is pending every moment of whether there are climbs or hypos and acting iPsofact ... right?I am a neurotic pelin ...:-/

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/20/2011 6:34 a.m.

Hello!!

I have been trying to have the sugar at bay almost a year, with us around 6.5 and I think that in the next one it will be more or less equal (despite Christmas).But I think I've never been so burned with diabetes ... it exhausts to be aware of the analysis at all hours, not eat between hours (at least 90 in the middle of the afternoon I will annoy me and fuck the afternoon ...Even if I insulin proposed, it is difficult to end 90 ...) Then, if I'm a season, I feel fatal to the hypos and hyper.This weekend I had a dinner with friends, which looked like the carbohydrate party, and you can't regulate insulin well, ... at five in the morning I got up with a dry ... and I say fixed that I amMinimum to 300 ... and not 200 but the sensation was the same as before a much higher blood glucose.And with the hypos the same thing happens to me, it costs me more to find out and I block it is because I am 50 or because my mother or my boyfriend tell me to look at the sugar that you are sleeping (I stay super apathetic) ... that beforeIt didn't happen to me, with 60 I knew I had to take something.

Of course, on the other hand, I had an idiopathic chronic urticaria that was driving me crazy for 3 years, and since I have taken this sugar and control what, it has disappeared ... I've been three months without any eruption orFanzon and yesterday I dared to leave the antihistaminicos ... and although nobody confirmed it I am clear that I had to do with diabetes, bad season with sugar, horrible season with hives ...

And with pregnancy, I suppose the smaller the hem because the better ... right?But I am clear that the age at which one stays pregnant is very important in a diabetic woman (and that I do not find any study on this subject ...).Taty, it seems to me a great luck that with 23 years you had the first, the less years with diabetes and the younger I guess much better for the baby and the mother.For a year the endocrine is asking me ... And I tell him not to overwhelm me and the only thing he tells me is that if I want to have a son who does not fall asleep in the laurels ... and that I am 26 years old.The last day I ask him, "there is some problem for having it after 30 ...?" And he said, "by power you can, but for a woman without diabetes the age is a problem, for you more" Ayy!

tica's profile photo
tica
01/20/2011 6:49 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

hello !!!!!
On Thursday my endo told me, I leave a little surprised but go, k there are studies in which a 7-7.5 hemo is advised, and we get advisable we have below 6 since they are usually based on declines and increasesBut mortality with 6 k hemo with that of 7, not due to diabetic problems if not due to traffic accidents, work, fainting, blows, as a result of the descent: shock: and k is demonstrated k with a 7 hemo of 7 are maintainedat bay the complications the same k with one of 6:-/
I do not know, what do you think ?????I kill me selling the motorcycle ?????:))

It is preferable 7 without great ups and downs than a 6 with repeated hypos ...
The glycemic variability is one of the issues forgotten by the endos usually ...

According to studies there is no difference between a 5.5 and 7 in terms of complications, provided there are no continuous blood glucose peaks (glycemic variability).
And yes, it seems that with very low glycosylated the mortality index is greater: shock:

DiabetesForo
01/20/2011 12:51 p.m.

For a year the endocrine is wondering ... and I tell him not to overwhelm me and the only thing he tells me is that if I want to have a son who does not fall asleep in the laurels ... and what I have26 years.The last day I ask him, "there is some problem for having it after 30 ...?" And he said, "by power you can, but for a woman without diabetes the age is a problem, for you more" Ayy!

I agree that the younger the mother is, the better for both of them, for her and for the baby.But I tell you my experience in case you reassure you a little.
I debuted about to meet thirty -one because I did an analysis before starting to look for my first baby and they detected the diabetes.
Therefore, my son was born a week after I turned 32 and is great !!!

Taty, who knows me about another diabetes forum, can assume you that I am going to start looking for a little brother to my son that the Més who is coming turns four years old, that is, I will stay if everything goes well toThe 36 and will be born when I have turned 37 because I, so Pancha, I will not start looking for it until April.

And the only one who has dropped a little push has been my gynecologist because my endo the only thing he said is that when I stayed to let him know ...

Greetings to all and I hope to meet you little by little.

nella's profile photo
nella
01/25/2011 3:55 a.m.

Hi Nella,

Thank you for telling your experience, and congratulations for having decided to look for the second !!
I suppose that in your case that you have been with diabetes for about 6 years, you will not have many more problems than someone who does not diabetics (with the "little" difference of having to control the sugar as much as possible).What gives me the most are the 23 years that I have been with diabetes, but hey, for many laps that it is.And the truth is that I am glad, that with 30 and peak I do not discourage you to have a child with diabetes, because there is each doctor ... that you tell them that you are diabetic and they do not leave you almost or leave home: P

tica's profile photo
tica
01/25/2011 4:56 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Nella and Welcome !!!
A little thing, I imagine that when you had your first child, you would have a good hem, below 7, right?To me there are gusts that more or less can reach a good figure, but there are other seasons, for example spring, with the allergy, that lasts for several months, that my glucose thing is altered, and it is impossible to almost have a goodFigure. Then imagine being pregnant ... my mother, what a fear ...At least the months of pregnancy where the levels are altered more ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/25/2011 5:03 a.m.

Hello girls
I want to be a mother I am 27 years old and I have been diabetic and not very well controlled.
Now I am trying to lower my hem that is 9 and that my end permission to be a breast but I am super scared by the theme of diabetes and now that I read more mother of mine so many problems we can have to be breasts (view, youngerof 30 ....)
It is what I want the most but at the same time I do not know if I can get it I do not want to talk to anyone about these issues because they begin has told me that I do not eat my head that I am young and that diabetes does not matter
`Pufff

crisibi83's profile photo
crisibi83
01/25/2011 4:23 p.m.

Hello Crisibi83,

You have been diabetics for 15 years, they are years, but they are not so important either ... the most important thing is that you have to control diabetes very well, because it is very important for the formation of the fetus to be in correct snowy snowfalls (the first months)And then it is also important so that it does not win an exaggerated weight ... and talking to people around, I understand you perfectly, my mother always takes importance to everything and sometimes despair a little, but hey, the important thing is the important thing isYou know the subject and control that hem.

tica's profile photo
tica
01/26/2011 3:11 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello!

Well, when I debuted, as I had for an analysis before I started lookingLeaving Campar at ease.I told myself that I had to dominate her and not vice versa.He put me on a diet and without medicating I got off and lose 11 kg.The analysis was before Christmas of 2005, but I did not see the results until December 28.Until March 2006 I couldn't get out of 7 and in that month he gave me permission to search.I continued with the header until June that was when I became pregnant and already referred to the endocrine.At three months of pregnancy I already started with the Insu.At first they believed that I had Type II, because with only diet my body answered and they treated me with pills when I finished breastfeeding but immediately had to put Lantus.Now I am alone with insulin (Lantus and Novorapid) it turned out that it was a type I but very leeeentttaaaa.
I would encourage you to have children and if you worry about the time you take with the DB then put on you right away.My son was in the incubator but not because of my DB but because he was born prematurely and suffered a pneumothorax, but that can happen to any mother, however healthy it may be.If childbirth is advanced, there may be complications, in my case due to immaturity of lungs.During gestation it was perfect and I was going to swim three times a week because I love to swim.In fact, the day I broke waters, I was about to go to the pool!He was born in week 36 (at 8 months of gestation) and weighed 3.3 kg (inside the normal scales) they wantednormal.It was caesarean section but not because it was planned but because the delivery did not progress, it did not delay and, at nine hours of being with contractions without progress, they decided to practice it, also because the tension began to climb a lot.As you can see, nothing that could not have happened to any woman with or without diabetes.
I also think that one must be a mother when she feels prepared.Of course I do not intend to give birth to 40 and peak as many mothers because I am aware that I have what I have ... but at 36 - 37 I do not look so incapable either.I feel young, I feel healthy, I have no complication for now and if you take care of you during pregnancy with more desire, since your baby gives them to you, and you follow what they tell you and the Hemo is still insideThe specified thing (at no time did I get from 7 during pregnancy) you can spend a superfeliz pregnancy and have your child as we have many mothers with diabetes.

Kisses to all !!!

nella's profile photo
nella
01/26/2011 3:48 a.m.

I know you can in fact many of you have children
Puff but I see it so difficult, to have perfect levels, Puff I know that you can but when I don't have a problem I have another and all that makes me upload the levels
I have proposed to start taking care of myself strictly to control my values ​​and improve them to start looking for the baby
But when I start if one thing is not coming and another is coming
Then I read things like before 30, and the view and it scares me I don't know if I will be able to have a child and surround me the whole situation, before I did not care about being diabetics and now it disgusts me: Evil :: Evil:

crisibi83's profile photo
crisibi83
01/26/2011 8:48 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.