Only Lantus ???

lore_bcn's profile photo   01/22/2011 12:47 p.m.

Hello everyone !!!!
I wanted to make a question ...., as you know I am guy and I use Lantus + Apidra.
From Lantus I put 9 at night and Apidra 2-6-6, but it is that with this I give many hypos ..., therefore I thought that if it may only use Lantus because today I do not punctured the Apidra andI am much better in the controls after meals ..., for example this noon at 2 hours after having eaten it was 120.
It is possible that you just have to use Lentus ???

Thank you!

lore_bcn's profile photo
lore_bcn
01/22/2011 12:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is possible if you are in that initial period called "honeymoon" where you still have endogenous insulin (your own insulin).

After the lack of control of the debut once you are stabilized, the necessary exogenous insulin doses are low, in some cases, some of the exogenous insulin punctures disappear.

I mean that yes, that it is possible that even if you are of type 1 you are a season only with some of Lantus but it is only something temporary, over time the endogenous insulin will end and it will haveAll punctures.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/22/2011 2:33 p.m.

2-6-6 are already appreciable doses of ultrarapide (of course it depends on the carbohydrates you eat ...);You can probably lower a dose if you have repeated hypos, but I doubt that neither at food or dinner can happen without clicking anything.

In my opinion you should not do it either, you would overload in excess the few reservations that you have and would run out before ... although I never know if this is good or bad at all.

The first thing is to see the causes of the hypos ... if they are for the Apidra or by Lantus ... then you will take measures.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/23/2011 12:45 p.m.

Hello, I debut in December 2008 and mmomento only apply Lantus.It is true that I have gone from 14 to 28 units.I even varied the administration from morning to night.Right now I am a little clueless, I have episodes of hypos and hyper, which in most cases do not find the explanation.On Saturday I arrived with a hypo of 39, the lowest I've had.I had dinner, I think not excessively, since I usually be scrupulous in that and at two hours, zas!, 289. The fact is that this pen and in the administration notice as if it got a little attancial.
On the other hand I have been on vacation and there in 9 days I have given an average of 90.

If someone goes through a similar situation, I would love to share experience-

All the best

azucarilloout's profile photo
azucarilloout
05/02/2011 5:56 p.m.

I have been with Lantus for a few years, I have Apidra in case I get on but I controlled primcipally with Lantus, apart I work at night and when I get home I used to prick 32 U, problem always lifts me with a horse hiccups (I can't beI get up to eat every 3 hours) and at night I shed 12 u of Lantus, the solution click 30 in the morning when I get up to eat at 3:00 p.m.That I am alone at home and I do not want to have a hypo and not realize, although the anti-hypoglycemia sense, as I call it is very development.

Teknon's profile photo
Teknon
05/09/2011 9:19 p.m.

I had the diabetic debut in 2010 with 700 D Sugar in blood with life risk of 48 hours, I mean a comma, it will quickly improve with 10 12 units of Lantus now x different motifs such as the diet The age (18) use 18 units ofLantus and aspartic only when it gives me over the 150 of sugar in blood, well what happens now is that the belly, where it applied to me, saturo and the insulin is not digested so they changed the legs but there theInsulin is activated when exercising a lot and ends before so now that they click on the top of the tail, but it turns out that I am skinny there is not much to click and my levels are between 150 and 200 but applying it in the bellyLevels of 100 A hemoglobin glycosity of 6.8 Now I have one of 7.6 I would like to know if someone happened to the belly, as I resolved, if they know how insulin is absorbed elsewhere .... work everything when I can prick in my bellyagain...
By the way, how much is your glycosy hemoglobin?

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
08/19/2011 6:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.