New here, but debut 10 years ago

sofia11's profile photo   01/23/2011 4:48 p.m.

hello!Well, first of all, I just registered in the forum in the hope that it will make me see that there are other people in my same situation, which I think so far I have never stopped to think.
I am 21 years old and at 11 debut with diabetes. At the beginning I take it great, so much that my doctors were amazed because I accept it without worrying much about anything. I was always a very responsible girl and I did not even consider that I could go wrong.Hemogoblins were 4.8 5.2;Come on, it was perfect.
The problem is that more or less 4 years ago I began to get out of control, without taking care of the schedules and especially giving me binge, either because of anxiety or rebellion because I only took sugar, the mythical that it is enough that you cannot so that.In addition, the problem is that I did not prick (or skewer) with the false belief that it did not fattened (I also worry the kilos). In this way I have had up to 10.2 of hemogolobin, no more than 6 months ago.
My parents, especially my mother, do not know what to do, did not understand, because of course, all this did it hidden.That I had anxiety, what I know. In addition they blamed the situation because as soon as we debuted we made ourselves from the Ferrol Diabetics Association (La Coruña) where I am, but they did not let me reach my much information about theComplications that derive from bad control, so they were blamed, maybe not to make me see the bad consequences that I would have. In addition it is not that I struggled much to want to know or to speak with people who were in my same situation.
But I have reached a point where I know I can't continue like this, reading comments here until I have excitedPeople how I don't know, it makes me think many things
Well, after all this roll, thanks in advance, simply for writing your experiences here and sharing them with the rest.:)

sofia11's profile photo
sofia11
01/23/2011 4:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Sofia.
The first thing is to welcome you and rejoice that you have taken the passage of 'participate in the forum.
I want you to know that we do not judge anyone, but we understand what you are happening and try, if you want, throw a little hand.

You remind me of my daughter, who is now 17 years old, but who was also a model girl when she debuted (at 8 years) and who began to make barbarities from twelve.Now it seems that he begins to take care of himself again.She too, for rebellion I suppose, began to eat all kinds of sweets and put the insulin to Voloo.

Unfortunately, the issue of complications is something that at your age looks distant and, as in traffic accidents, there is the feeling that these things happen to others.

But health, especially in diabetes, is like a house that must be built well and solidly, because there will be many storms that you will have to endure, and now you are in the age of putting the foundations.Yes, that part that is not seen, which seems that it does not matter, but that is what the entire house is held.If the foundations are bad, although later it is built well, the house is in danger.

You are on time, Sofia.You can eat everything, whenever you know how to handle insulin and hydrates, but, please, you will not close your eyes to the dangers of bad control, because the damage is for your future.

It has us to help you and raise all your doubts, for dumb that seems and do not worry about the kilos: the best way to get an adequate weight is precisely in knowing what to eat and how.You can be perfectly controlled without fattening, also having a healthier appearance, a beautiful skin and hair, if your health is good.

Courage, you've already taken the most difficult step and you are not alone.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/23/2011 5:07 p.m.

Welcome, Sofia !!!!!
Sharing your experience and seeking help is fundamental and you have already taken the first step ... as you see you are not the only person to whom what happens to you, all on this path we falter, I am a mother and do not believe, sometimes, sometimesIt also becomes hard for us, but you have to have a clear thing, and it is that today, with knowledge, and with control you can get a life of the most normal ... as Alea says, knowing the insulin thatYou have to put yourself for each ration of hydrates and taking some things into account, you can take any food, thus avoiding the binge and anxiety ... It is a matter of starting, there and with the advantage that you have young people who learn quickly.

What treatment are you carrying?

Much encouragement, and here we are for what you need.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/24/2011 4:41 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much to both!
The truth is that it helps me to see other people in my same situation and for now the truth is that I am controlling myself well, to see how the hemo that I have to get at least to 7 (even if it is only not to give it anotherdisgust to my mother).
I put on Lantus in the morning and humalog at each meal. Another of the things for which he had so high was because no one as almost hydrates on food and thought that then I did not have to prick anything fast. But I already said mMy doctor that I have to click the same, even much less.
Anyway, it seems that I return to the beginning, and I thought that I already had everything learned.

sofia11's profile photo
sofia11
01/24/2011 8:26 a.m.

Sofia, tries not to think much about the hemo now, surely if you are controlling more the hemo will be lower, and that is what should care, that goes down and that you take control again .... I do not knowThe comfortable that you will feel inviting your mother to participate in the forum, surely we can also understand her ...
With respect to the treatment you have, have you considered putting the insulin pump?The autonomy and the quality of life you contribute may help you and encourage you.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/24/2011 11:11 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hi Sofia, welcome

One of the things that I value most is the "feeling of control", I can be high or low but I find explanation to what has happened ... except the files x: mrgreen:
I know that doing certain things my glycemia will go in one sense or another.

What despairs, at least to me, is to try to do things well and not find the solution or the appropriate explanation.
"Resistance to failure" that the good psikolokos call ... In the end the persistence obtains its fruits.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/24/2011 12:38 p.m.

Well, my doctor if I think about the bomb, the truth is that I am very headI know how to solve it now that I am aware.
In addition, it also influences that I always did a lot of sport, tea to basketball since little Asta exactly 4 years ago, so I know that it also influences.
Owash, the truth is that as I said, I am a head, so I apply your phrase and in the end I will persist my fruits.: D

sofia11's profile photo
sofia11
01/24/2011 3:57 p.m.

Well, therefore;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/26/2011 4:58 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I read you and I see myself reflected, I did the same as you in my youth.You are still on time, take care of yourself, because complications effectively arrive.I recommend the insulin pump: much easier control, and without problems for sport, it is more, it has even advantages.

Gloria González Blanco's profile photo
Gloria González Blanco
03/30/2021 11:38 p.m.

Much encouragement and for that !!It is not easy to be alert and fully with the disease.This, the mind sometimes tb is our worst enemy and you have to fight against it many times!Courage and forward !!

Jota88's profile photo
Jota88
04/01/2021 12:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.