Children learn to control diabetes

fer's profile photo   01/26/2011 1:19 p.m.

The five minors with diabetes who received microinfusoras will be able to program the device, change consumables and develop their activities in a normal way and without depending on others.

Durango is one of the first places to provide microinfusters to his patients, treatment to which few access.

The little patients of the Diabetes Clinic of the Ministry of Health (SSA) received a training course.

Mayra good, nutritionist and spokeswoman for the Center for Education in Diabetes ACCU-Chek (CEDA), said the tip technology apparatus is an apt treatment for both type I diabetes patients.

The electronic device simulates the functions of a pancreas, regulates the amount of insulin to be released in the body according to the activity and food that the person ingested, to reduce blood glucose levels.

The device is fixed, inserted into the abdomen and becomes part of the body, without the need for surgery.

The microinfusora has a shelf life between five and six years and requires a special insulin.

Each device had a cost of 7 thousand dollars, which was granted free of charge through the Health Services of Durango (SSD), in addition to consumables for the next six months.

impact on a standard of living

The microinfusora comes to replace insulin injection;It will release the substance during the day and night, which will reduce the possibilities of hypoglycemia.
The patient may exercise normally without fear of decompensation.

Microinfusora is a tool;The healthy lifestyle and automation, stressed, should not be set aside.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/26/2011 1:19 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Remember that the first insulin bombs were put 30 years ago ...

I imagine Durango, it will be in Mexico ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/26/2011 1:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If I have not understood badly, this is like an artificial pancreas, right?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/26/2011 3:34 p.m.

Hi, I'm new in this forum and I'm a bit lost.
I would like to know if someone could help me know a little more about continuous blood glucose meters but my doubt is if they can be used in children.He is 3 years old and I don't know if I can buy it.And if you can help me in knowing the price I would appreciate it.kisses

lourditas's profile photo
lourditas
01/28/2011 2:45 p.m.

Lourditas, welcome to the forum !!!! ... stop by the insulin pump section, there are several threads that talk about the meter.For more detail, Mornita, she is the mother of a small child who has a continuous meter, also mani05 ... my daughter is 12 years old and also uses it, for 2 ..
I recommend that you also go through the thread of parents and planted your doubts, there are the Mamis of the forum.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/30/2011 6:11 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

@Lourditas, my daughter took from 3 to 4 years.Now it has a bomb with a constructed continuous meter.You just have to watch the skin more because it is much more sensitive, but it took it without problems (Freestyle).
It cost 60 euros every 15 days or so .....
He was expensive, but served to know his curve (he had many ups and downs).
All the best

mogi's profile photo
mogi
01/27/2017 7:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.