Maltitol

Bego84's profile photo   01/26/2011 4:06 p.m.

Hello everyone.

I write because my father has been diabetic for some years, this month he has had to start injecting insulin, and the truth is that I am a little lost with this issue.

The point is that he is very sweet and next week is his birthday, and he wanted to make him a good chocolate cake so he could swell without dying.I bought Estevia, but I am not sure how to use it, and today in the supermarket I have seen that there are nestlé chocolates without added sugars, sweetened with Maltitol, and cookies also without sugar, sweetened with the same.

Are those products suitable for diabetics?And if not, does anyone know a recipe of chocolate cake for sweet tooth?

Thank you so much!

Bego84's profile photo
Bego84
01/26/2011 4:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Bego.There is no problem for your father to eat things with sugar whenever he does not happen with hydrates.For example, I buy normal muffins and on the label puts the hydrates, and I must drink 30 grams of hydrates plus the 10 of the milk, 40 grs.I get 2 just muffins, and I do it with cookies and everything, even childbirth in half anything with sugar until I find the hydrates that I must take.That we cannot take sugar is false.Sugar -free foods, as you know have sweeteners, and you don't have to pass, better alternating.I did rice with milk, with Stelvia's powders, and it was not bad, even if one has to get used to its flavor.Suerta with the cake.There if someone can help you.How wonderful are the sweets! :)) I have agreed that there is a chocolate in "value" powders without sugar, I don't know if you knew.Adeuu

Consu's profile photo
Consu
01/27/2011 2:29 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Bego84:
A recipe that is good is the following:
Cookie cake stuffed with custard and chocolate cover
You can do it with "without added sugar" products (there are some maria cookies that are without salt and without added sugar that know to cardboard if you take them alone but accompanied by cream and chocolate, they improve) (you can water them with milk so that they are not leftso dry).
You can do the cream with the typical flanin or custard envelopes (adding sweetener).
The chocolate sauce to cover can be done with cocoa without sugar or melting pure chocolate (without added sugar).
Count all carbohydrates you use (cookies, cream, cocoa and milk) and weighs the cake --- & GT;That is the total carbohydrates.
Then weigh the piece that your father is going to eat and so you will know how many carbohydrates he has (three rule), to calculate the insulin that he will need.
It can be done with sugar but then it will have enough more carbohydrates than this one that I tell you.

Although now that I read that your father has recently begun to inject insulin (you do not put how) maybe it is not the most recommended that he swells in a cake (or anything in general).

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
01/28/2011 8:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.