Sugar down

bebiana's profile photo   01/27/2011 8:01 p.m.

Please, first of all I would like to take this issue seriously, my sister suffers from diabetes and lives in Argentina, I am in Spain and we communicate every day since I am very afraid because 2 weeks ago that the sugar lowers such an extremeIf unconscious, the worst that no longer has symptoms so at any time and place suffers this.Today when communicating with her, I have something very particular, I caused me grace and fear, I thought I was with hypoglycemia since I did not understand what I told me.He was referring to that the reason for the sudden descents is that a few days ago he is eating red ants that have gotten into the sweetener (they are small and she is short of sight, so it had not given Cta Haqsta today).He is shameless to raise this in front of someone for what I decided to do it, there is some remote possibility that the poison of these bugs have to do with what happens to him? Does anyone know that they have experienced with ants?.Please, I know it is crazy but I need an answer.Greatly grateful.Beiana

bebiana's profile photo
bebiana
01/27/2011 8:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't know whether to answer seriously or with a bow :)) :)) :))
I will lean for the ciza, since I understand that if it were true, your sister can go to a doctor there without any problem.

Here indeed, more than one we have eaten red ants, but we don't like them too much, there are other richer and more typical things, such as potato tortilla.But if you eat ants, you should not eat more than the abdomen, because if the whole swallows are of bitter taste and they will leave your mouth sore and scooking, due to the formic acid they contain :)) :)) :)) :)):)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/28/2011 3:58 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

You have not said if it is type 1 or type 2 diabetic, for the issue of severe hypoglycemia I imagine that it will be of type 1 (or if it is of type 2 I suppose it will be with a treatment where there are insulins and/or oral antidiabeticsSulfonylureas type that can cause hypoglycemia).

In either case, what you should do (apart from continuing with the treatment) is to follow the diet, ensure the intake of carbohydrates in all meals and if that is doing it well and has important hypoglycemia because I think it will beLower the doses of insulin (or retouch the treatment with oral antidiabetics).

Regarding the theme of ants then ... if it is as you tell it I do not think that I have ingested many and I do not think it affects diabetes (although it is better to try it) since I imagine that when I arrive at the stomachThey will die.

If we were talking about having a parasite like a had (the "lonely") that if it could affect him and much his nutrition would be compromised (the parasite takes over the food that is ingested), but some horses alcidentally andSporadic ... I don't know ... I don't think ... I am not a doctor anyway, if you have doubts that you go to a doctor, you don't have anywhere.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/28/2011 5:21 a.m.

:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/

DiabetesForo
01/28/2011 10:13 a.m.

If the ants produce hypoglycemia, I see myself raising ants as an exit to the crisis :))

DiabetesForo
01/28/2011 10:41 a.m.

Will not be referring to the Red Gamba?:-/

In any case, ant or gamba, we talk about proteins: Mrgreen: therefore, there is no glycemia elevation.

DiabetesForo
01/28/2011 11:53 a.m.

.... And will only the red?:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

DiabetesForo
01/28/2011 11:57 a.m.

Babian, weird things happen in this life, that your sister exposes it to the doctor there, but surely her problem is for carbohydrates, or that she has a very agitated life, who knows.I also expose a joke ... as in summer I have many ants in my garden, of all sizes, I will keep them in case they serve for diabetes, :)) forgive and greetings, you will tell us.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
01/28/2011 2:47 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

There are things that are difficult to explain, well, we have a dog that was abandoned and we adopted it about 8 years ago.It is medium -sized, in the style of 'Slachicha dog' but not with such short legs.Well, that dog sleeps in my daughter's room and twice, he woke up climbing her, in bed (kicked) because he realized that he had entered hiccups, what do you think?This dog warns when my daughter has below 50 or 60, it's great, I wonder, how will she realize?This morning he passed again and when my daughter was better, after having taken something to get the sugar, the dog jumped for joy.: Shock:

Pochi's profile photo
Pochi
03/15/2011 7:01 p.m.

Hello Pochi ... I am not surprised what you have, similar stories have already been heard and without going far in this same forum, a habitual user of it also said that his dog Drake tried to wake them up and awaken his daughter that TB.I had given a low sugar ...
A luxury to have that "detector" near.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/16/2011 4:52 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Two weeks ago there was a report on the Sunday of a newspaper a report on trained dogs to detect hyperglycemia.They talked about different odors such as acidic apple or iron, depending on one or the other.Three thousand euros put a training for a dog.Looking I have found something similar:

"Tim's guardian angel.
Tim and Ben are much more than friends.The child has already turned 12 and has diabetes.Ben is a set of Setter and Collie with a very special ability.Thanks to a biased training, the dog knows that, when his friend gives off a slight smell of acid apples, something is going wrong: his sugar levels have risen.But, when the aroma has oxide nuances, it is even worse: Tim's blood glucose is very low and, if it does not take a juice or cookies, it could enter into a coma.In Germany and the United Kingdom, dogs are already trained to detect hypoglycemia.«The training costs 3,800 euros.But that a dog agitates, nervous, and bark when it perceives that its owner is in danger is priceless.We also show you to carry the bag with the glucose meter and candies, ”explains Maja Wonisch, canine coach." Link ... & amp; P = Know

JoseManuel's profile photo
JoseManuel
03/16/2011 6:09 p.m.

It seems very good to take diabetes as these forums do but, I thought I would also find professionals who would be willing to share their knowledge by answering basic questions about diabetes and moderating some related topics.So far I have not encountered any specialized doctor.The page may not yet be handled, but if someone addresses me, I would appreciate it greatly.
Thank you.

Julio's profile photo
Julio
02/13/2014 11:32 p.m.

Julio, in my opinion, medicine professionals atmosphere in their consultations and do not usually devote themselves to attend for free for Internet forums (for better or worse, because obviously a professional does not risk giving distance instructions).
As for the matter that has raised this issue, because it certainly lends itself to joke.
But on the other hand I think it is not a place for it;So thinking that it is not the first time that some insects reach people's food and ingest with them, I understand that small ants are totally harmless.But well, if those descents continue, who knows, we should investigate that way, maybe we are facing a great discovery against diabetes.With coincidences, for example, penicillin was discovered.

DiabetesForo
02/14/2014 3:55 a.m.

Julio, this is a forum of diabetes patients who raise their doubts and help with their experience.If what you want is the opinion of professionals you will have to go to your doctor.

DiabetesForo
02/14/2014 5:21 a.m.

I said that the sugar goes up to bite your nails ... I never knew if so haha ​​but hey that if the ants come down, let everything be for never clicking me haha

otti's profile photo
otti
02/14/2014 2:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.