Changes of glucometers in SES (Extremadura de Salud service

pocaspecas's profile photo   02/01/2011 11:10 a.m.

Hello everyone!!I wanted to ask you a favor, to all those who are Extremadura .
Recently some of the glucometers were suppressed and replaced by others.The questions I want to ask you are:
-Do you have changed the glucose meter?Do you give you a certain number of strips a month?How many?
-And those who have insulin bomb, where do the strips dispense, in your health center or in the hospital?Do you have the meter that sends the infrared data to the pump?I personally changed the meter for a more basic one and, although I have a bomb is the old model and I could not send the data directly from the glucometer.
I await your collaboration, to see if we manage to individualize the needs of each diabetic and not generalize.
;) Thank you very much !!

pocaspecas's profile photo
pocaspecas
02/01/2011 11:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am not from Extremadura ... but as a suggestion I would tell you (if you do not have it) that the Ministry passes, in writing, the detail of consumption of reactive strips by type of patient, by health area and by commercial brand.
I would also ask for reliable data on the number of people with diabetes that are (because what came out the other day in the press is nonsense).Finally, it would be good that you had the supply contest that was made (I imagine you will have) to see prices and conditions.

although knowing the perhaps ... I think what determined the change was the vile metal ... some nodded and others did not.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/01/2011 12:03 p.m.

Hello few, I am from Cáceres.
It has been a long time to collect strips is a real pelmada, and I believe that in this case it does not have to do the SES directly, and I say directly, because I think that the greatest problem is the ineptitude of the staff that is in charge of a new systemImplanted computer, in which there is a module for strips dispensing.(I suppose to enter this is like entering into a cienagoso, what competences are those of the nurse, what training has you received, etc, etc., s ethoy speaking in 1st person, I do not know other cases. Before I went to the C.S., they gave me the stripsThe ones I wanted and at most had to listen to the auxiliary that gives them that of UYSS and why is it measured so much?He, for a long time, every time he was going, left, between the fact that you have to make an appointment, then 2 hours to fill you with a paper (the same role always, sends noses), which is not remembered, that you cannot modifyAnd they cannot give you more because the program does not allow it (we go that kind of bullshit that invent when they do not know how to do something), which is impossible for you to need per day controls, we go, as if they would pay them from their pocket ...Fortunately they have put us a new nurse who controls the issue perfectly, he told me that the program was very closed but has options so that they can claim reasons to use more strips, the field is filled and gives you the ones it needs... That of my husband's ... That of my daughter is a flour from another sack ... that has not made me a single role in all these months, he has no idea ... makes me up, well, well, well,It made me go from top to bottom, that if I tell him, that if he takes .... in short, that in the end he fills me a hand paper that gives me what I say, with the consequent anger of the assistant .... As you will see an entire odyssey, that in the end we go out with 200 strips my husband and 250 my daughter a month, which are the ones we need to have a good control.Do not get into their heads.
We used the One Touch, but in my C.S.You have been tied and they have given us to choose between the Opium and Menarini, we have taken Menarini, we already used it in its mamnt and it went well.
Also and to our regret, the infant endocrine has recommended the contour Lin, the hospital has provided us and the strips give us there.
I hope it serves you ... If I am sincere that I change my gluco does not bother me much, the truth ... both one brand and another are good, yes, for God, that they form the staff and do not put thecrazy head every month.

Ahhh, we have spoken with our 2 endocrine, we have told us that there is a strips supply protocol depending on each person, if it is well or poorly controlled, if it carries a bomb or not, if it is an adult or child, etc., in which he puts the minimum number of strips to be supplied, and that protocol must have it in the C.

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/02/2011 4:53 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much, Velia !!Your testimony is very illustrative.Yes, some have told me some friends with diabetes that I have. I am also from Cáceres !!How beautiful is the city, although for work I am now in Mérida and I have had the problem in the health center here.I also have the Menarini meter, but compared to the One Touch Ultra Smart I find it a bit lame, but the basic thing is to measure blood glucose, that, without problems.I have the insulin pump on since 2006 and I am delighted.
The "racanar" with the strips I have suffered sometimes, but more than with the nurse it is the assistant who dispenses the strips, and the nurse as you say is the one that makes you the report.I am also a nurse, but I do not work at SES now, I am at the Board of Extremadura.
I thank you again for your comment, it will be of great help.A country greeting !!;)

pocaspecas
02/03/2011 6:08 p.m.

although knowing the perhaps ... I think what determined the change was the vile metal ... some nodded and others did not.

Thank you very much too, Owash!Yes, you are right that the economic issue is behind, we will see what we sew!

pocaspecas
02/03/2011 6:16 p.m.

Moving, countryman;) ... Here you have me for what you need.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/04/2011 4:02 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I am from Badajoz, and before they gave me all the ones that keria without any problem, but the last times I had to give my name and they pointed to me as I had gone for strips, and the last time I gave me 2 boats of 50 stripsThey told me that with that I had to have until the beginning of March.Although I will have to go before I go on a trip and I will have to take material to spare!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/10/2011 2:09 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.