{'en': 'Hormigueo lips', 'es': 'Hormigueo labios'} Image

Hormigueo lips

Carlos1979's profile photo   02/02/2011 8:49 a.m.

Hello.

I don't know if it will have something to do with diabetes, but a couple of weeks ago I have been noticing, just after meals, a tingling on the lips.It does not last more than an hour and I usually feel it especially when before the meals I am with hypoglycemia (less than 60).

I carry them very well (I am type 1, almost 3 years ago I debuted).

Has anyone happened or knows what can be due?

Thanks and greetings.

Carlos1979's profile photo
Carlos1979
02/02/2011 8:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Carlos.
Most likely it is because you are hypoglycemic.My daughter says that, when she is low, her tongue falls asleep and has a tingling in her mouth.

If you get under meals, put the insulin after eating, even a quarter of an hour later, because if not, the insulin may be taking effect before the glycemia of the food goes up.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/02/2011 9:10 a.m.

or take a juice before eating ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/02/2011 9:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is a symptom of hypoglycemia, it happens to me like Celia, I feel the tingling on the lips and tongue.

DiabetesForo
02/02/2011 10:06 a.m.

Thanks for your answers.I also think that it has to do with hypoglycemia, what catches my attention is that the tingling never starts before eating, however the sugar has, but always then of eating.

In fact, before lunch I had 48 and I already noticed the symptoms of the hypo, so I took half sugary yogurt, and then lunch, chicken pasta and rice pancakes with corn and 7up light to drink ... and I clickThe fast when I had already started lunch ... because it was not until after starting lunch that I noticed the happy tingling.

Carlos1979's profile photo
Carlos1979
02/02/2011 11:04 a.m.

You surely have excess insulin.If the hypos are before eating, you have basal.If they are later, you have plenty of quickly.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/02/2011 2:31 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Carlos, something similar happened to my TB.
To me the symptoms of the hypos have changed me little by little and are no longer like at the beginning.The tongue happened to me on Monday, and Tb just after eating my sandwich, and Tb got to fall asleep a little my lips and noticed tingling in the mandibula ... I threw a little bit of sugar in the chamomile and with patienceIt ended up.

But you have to take into account, that until that snack was digested and absorbed to the blood, a little while, at least 10 minutes, and depending on the fact that you are taking it, the more things you eat together, the slower it will be doneDigestion and more will take that hypoglycemia.

What I would do, it would be, that if you are low when you start eating (below 60 or 70), or you notice a hypoglycemia between hours, take something simple first, something that is fast to digest, in plan a juice, a sugar, or simply some bread or cookies, but without mixing things.And that you wait a little before continuing to eating the rest.

I believe that each person is doing well for a different thing to overcome the hypos, try to find what calms you faster, juice, sugar, candy, glucosport ... in my case they are the bifrutas of Pascual, thanThere are 200ml with approximately 2 rations, and I usually have them on all sides just in case, they are tiny and how it takes a long time to expire, I also find it practical ...

DiabetesForo
02/03/2011 3:24 a.m.

You have to trace that hypo before eating with a juice or sugary liquid, wait to be in a more acceptable value (85 - 90) and then start eating what it touches.
If you drink slow absorption carbohydrates without having traced the hypo, they interfere with the absolute of rapid absorption carbohydrates and blood glucose does not rise so quickly, so your lips are sleeped.
Wait to click in the middle of the food or even at the end (if it takes little to eat).
It is possible that if you do so you do not notice those symptoms so much later.
Greetings.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
02/03/2011 5:31 a.m.

Carlos, it also happens to me and I have learned that more than once it is due to the fact that this symptom comes later than the hypo and that lasts longer, so to speak.If it serves you something, I have discovered that when the hypos are from these lentíiiiiiiiiiiimas that you do not realize until you are already in 40 because it has been lowering you very little by little, I have very different symptoms.See: If I'm talking, my tongue and lower lip fall asleep.If I am eating, the back of the jaw.If I am playing the guitar or giving a massage, suddenly the touch with any thing is extremely unpleasant (to the point of removing my hand) is as if I noticed those fourty hits in the areas that I am using the most, so to speak...

As others have told you, patience until it passes.I always compare it with the feeling of satiety of the stomach: if we eat very fast, that feeling comes later because the brain does not give time to process it, so when we realize that we are full we have already spent three peoples.Well, for me this is the same: I notice the symptoms too late, and they stay in my body for longer.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
02/13/2011 8:25 a.m.

@Carlos1979 In my case I have not noticed that tingling in language and lips for a long time.But I agree a bit in what the rest told you.
It happened to me when I traced a hiccup that I had not noticed, especially if it reached very low figures 40 or less.
It seemed that my mouth fell asleep, like when you leave the dentist and carry anesthesia.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/19/2015 1:52 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

It happened to me but for seasons and I think it has nothing to do with the sugar level is rather the brand of insulin or perhaps that apeder is being made ... for example the one that caused me that was the June 70/30 But I changed the brand to the insulex and until 2 days ago it had not happened to me ... what if I left it in the car and heated a lot for that reason I suppose that it is already decomposing and that is why this bounds to numbness... You feel funny, use another new insulin and take the test!

Luck...

Wassss's profile photo
Wassss
03/23/2017 7 a.m.

Humulin 70/30 this corrector car !!

Wassss's profile photo
Wassss
03/23/2017 7:02 a.m.

Funny note knew that a fish sperm is used in milky insulin!It is serious, I think that's why I don't know how much but ... how do you see it?Hahaha

Wassss's profile photo
Wassss
03/23/2017 7:06 a.m.

In the hypos it has also happened to me and the tingling happens to me and my tongue is numb.Although when they give me hypos sleeping ... I don't know if my body already has smell.. Cold that doesn't heat me with anything.This happens to you?

patri_caracol's profile photo
patri_caracol
05/06/2017 11:45 p.m.

Azucarada desde los 5 añitos
21 años manipulando agujas!
Toujeo 34u / Novorapid 15u diarias + ó -
App diario para control de diabetes mySugr
Última Hemo: 6,1 % OBJETIVO SUPERADO!!
A esforzarse que VAMOS A SER PAPIS!!!

Un saludo a los que día a día somos diabéticos :x

Patri_Caracol to soak the savannas and then do not enter into heat has also happened to me 2 or 3 times.Like the tingling on the lips although not always.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
05/07/2017 11:46 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

hello!!
Well, it happens to me a lot, when I am in hypoglycemia, even if I eat something always delay in removing, not only on my lips, also in my hands ..

marnie's profile photo
marnie
05/11/2017 11:07 p.m.

Hippic symptoms are many and very varied, when you have been with diabetes for many years, they usually change for seasons, I have a hard time recognizing hypo and the minimum suspicion always looked at me to make sure.I have had the tongue and lips many times, also chest pain, as if it were pain in heart, dizziness, double or blurred vision, irritability, nausea, nervousness and palpitations, cold sweat, instability when walking as if I had drunk alcohol,tear as if I was crying, stomach pain with a feeling of great hunger, my hypichyperglycemia hyper,

Marybe  Days's profile photo
Marybe Days
05/19/2019 12:24 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.