Teachers and health will control diabetic schools.

fer's profile photo   12/13/2007 1:03 p.m.

teachers and health will control diabetic schools in Balearic schools

The diabetic children of the Balearic Islands have guaranteed from today the optimal monitoring of their health status during their school schedule thanks to a pioneering program in Spain in which teachers participate, the staff of the health center closest to school and parents and parents.

The Department of Health and Consumption, and Education and Culture of the Balearic Government have signed today a collaboration agreement with the Association of People with Diabetes of the Balearic Islands (ADIBA) to develop this initiative.

The agreement establishes measures to ensure that teachers have sufficient knowledge to serve the diabetic student when he has a problem related to his ailment, although the periodic monitoring of each case will be carried out by a healthcare professional of the health center closest to the school.

The president of Adiba, Manuela de la Vega, has expressed her satisfaction with the signing of the agreement, but has affirmed that she will continue to fight so that there is a nurse in each school 'school that is in charge of children with diabetes or other diseases.

Sugar decades (hypoglycemia) are the main problem of diabetic children, stood out from the Vega, since they can faint and lose knowledge, which can lead to more severe disorders, but that with an injection of glucagon beforeFour minutes the patient stabilizes.

The signing of the agreement feels the basis for all the Balearic Islands of a project that began last year with a census of minors with diabetes and a teacher training program.

In addition, all educational centers that have diabetics will have teaching material about diabetes and will also receive a bag with sanitary material necessary for immediate action: glucometer, reactive strips, lancetas, as well as two glucagon glycagon injections for emergencies.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/13/2007 1:03 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Good news, yes sir !!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/18/2008 10:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good news if it was reality, but we continue to depend on the good roll of teachers, which some have and others not (with all the right, since they are teachers and non -doctors).We still expect someone who comes to do periodic follow -ups and we leave it here, that there is to muskets.If the associations really put solutions and not to accept patches, we would like it better.Meanwhile, that each one mount it as they can ...:-/

harpo's profile photo
harpo
04/22/2008 12:08 p.m.

You are right, Harpo.
We depend on the goodwill of the teachers.
Anyway, I believe that associations are the only ones that are being mobilized long ago with this issue.The problem is that we associate little and move less.And we also pay attention to us, I'm afraid.
We will have to continue fighting.
Greetings and welcome

DiabetesForo
04/22/2008 12:35 p.m.

You are right Harpo, the reality is the one that accounts and you are used for something, that it will be that it is not, I will tell you that in Italy it works just as evil, it does not work and in most cases it is the parents whoThey must solve the situation without any help.

On the one hand there is a law, like so many others, so vague and unclear that it allows each school and each area outpatient to interpret it as you want, or ignore it, or simply decide that it is not within its competence.

Now, as in this precise case, there is an signed agreement that provides for communication and collaboration between "all parties" seems to me a good start, at least now when someone is forgotten to fulfill their "obligation" can always be rememberedWith the agreement in hand.

Anyway, never as in these cases that of calm and cold blood, is so necessary

DiabetesForo
04/22/2008 12:53 p.m.

In associating, I think you're right, Alea.But, apart from the fact that there are people who prefer to go for free, who are very respectable, also a bit of a matter like that of the choles, the associations are not more combative.And it is clear that for that there must be people who give a little grilled in the same associations, until they tell you about "Pope Quejica" and we have already shit it.That we have to talk, that you have to go little by little, that we can lose what I won so far, but it sounds like the same as friends: it seems that you are already more harassed, you have already become better ...
And, in addition, you cannot avoid thinking that associations also live on subsidies ...:-/

harpo's profile photo
harpo
04/24/2008 10:40 a.m.

It is true that more should be fought to get our diabetic children or not, to have a mandatory health care at school, in the school of my girls, there is not a single person with minimal knowledge of the subject, if a childHe hits him half a potato in the chichon and point and if it seems that there is something broken it is sold in any way until the parents arrive and take over.
I believe that no one is going to do anything in a case like ours in which for example in my case only my daughter is diabetics throughout the school.I know that it should be the one who put me in the APA and where I would be necessary, I would love, but you have to work, get home and prepare meals for the next day (we cannot give any little thing to our children).Anyway, you have to spend the day to day and thanks.

DiabetesForo
05/06/2008 2:52 a.m.

Well, what the press is.I say it, because the news becomes like the following:

Link

That because of the answers that I have obtained, for the moment, in this and in another forum, to the question of whether or not it was real, because no one from Euskadi has answered, with what I deduce that there are no Basque diabetics, aiválaostia ...

harpo's profile photo
harpo
05/09/2008 9:30 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.