Hi, I'm also new

Jesús's profile photo   01/22/2008 10:18 p.m.

Hello! I'm new, how are you?I hope well, I am 43 years old, my name is Jesus, 1 month and 6 days ago my father died, he gave him a stroke, he spent 10 days in intensive therapy (the stroke gave him on November 6, 2007 and died on December 18(He was already at home, he was recovering) The doctor had prescribed insulin (since he was diabetic and hypertensive) to lower glycemia or glycemia, then he changed the insulin (we gave him NPH and the transparent) for Bi-Euglucon-Mm, I think that killed him, on December 18 he told my sister to close the light that I am going to sleep at 10 minutes.(A doctor who saw my dad not the one who attended him with stroke) not to make the thing so long prescribed me Srimet (metformin) and hyperlipe, I send me a glycosylated hemoglobin which came out at 6.9, triglycerides in330, Total cholesterol in 210, HDL in 50 and LDL in 94. Now the question of the 97000 Lochas (apology is a Venezuelan joke) How bad am I?With those results and something else is afraid to take the medications that someone uses them?How are you doing with them?
Greetings

Jesús's profile photo
Jesús
01/22/2008 10:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Bienized to the Jesus forum!

From what I understand, being above 200 mg/dl of glucose is not recommended, however, that will not hurt you immediately, it is rather long term, the ideal is to be between 70 and 120, being diabetic, withBeing below 140 regularly is already a success ... so I wouldn't know what to tell you, how are you now?

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
04/26/2008 7:10 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Welcome Jesus.
As Fer says, we must maintain glucose levels in those ranges, if those medications, which I do not know, are destined to do so, you must use them, and Aya you will tell us how you find yourself.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/26/2008 7:23 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Jesus, welcome to the forum.
The first thing is to accompany you in the loss of your father.
As for you, the best thing we can recommend is that you put yourself in the hands of a good endocrinologist and, if necessary, ask for a second opinion.
My opinion is that with those figures, you are diabetic, but they are good enough so that, taking care of yourself, do not have any complication.
Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/26/2008 9:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.