Hello, I don't know what section consult you

marrotro's profile photo   02/03/2011 8:18 a.m.

Hello I have opened a new theme because I have searched and I did not know where to put it.I'm going to ask you a question: Is it bad for the pen (I wear humalog) have air pompitas?I have never seen those pompas and how sometimes I sink in a vein unintentionally because I have varicose veins, I'm afraid you have those pompitas and can be bad.Thank you :( .

marrotro's profile photo
marrotro
02/03/2011 8:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

When you start a pen/insulin boligraph, as soon as you click on the needles, it begins to enter some air (bubbles) and it is impossiblePQ in each new needle that you put will enter some air).

And there is no trick ... no matter how purge there is always a bubble and usually grow when the days go by, put the ball/pen put the needle down and give it some touches so that the bubble is above the side of the emboloand not on the side of the needle and palante.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/03/2011 8:47 a.m.

Thanks for your information

marrotro's profile photo
marrotro
02/03/2011 9:39 a.m.

I also happened to me and I did not know what to do, I'm glad I gave his opinion, and taking advantage of I am asking you another question regarding the pen. If for example you click 26 as is my case of Lantus and gives quasinessThat what remains in the pen is for example 19, can I use those 19 open another new pen and click the rest or not advisable?Will it better throw it and start a one?As you do.It is that as they give me the fair doses, because I can not be wasting, you already know how the matter of SS.A see if you can also help me with my doubt.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
02/03/2011 9:54 a.m.

I'm going to tell what I do (I don't say it's right, it's just what I do):

The Apidra feathers insurfted them to the maximum, if the case of having to leave the puncture being part of an old pen (the end of the pen) and part of a new pen does it but with the lantus the puncture never brings to the lantus,If the Lantus pen does not have enough amount to put my usual dose in a single puncture and start a new one (the lantus already does "weird" things on its own as it is on top of the prick between Lantus "old" and"New" Lantus).Nor are you pulling so much number if 300 units that have feathers (3 ml x 100 IU/ml) strips 20 units or similar.

And it is not my case but the feathers once started should be used at most for 28 days (for 4 weeks) according to the prospect, regardless of the insulin they still contain, they must be thrown away, from there it is not assured that insulinThey contain also work.
It does not happen because of me about 10 days but people who walk with very low doses should take into account this 28 days.

DiabetesForo
02/03/2011 10:15 a.m.

It never happened to me because I always had to throw the feathers quite insulin when they came to start them but I don't think anything happens to leave the dose, even when the dose is very high it is better to split it (I think it was commented in this forum?

DiabetesForo
02/03/2011 10:24 a.m.

It seems to me that putting two punctures at the same time that it can give problems, because both would begin to be absorbed at the same time and produce twice as much effect .. Yes it is true, as Prado says, that if the dose is very high,They advise to leave it, but at different times.
If you don't have enough units in the pen, a new one begins .. I would not risk ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/03/2011 10:40 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much for answering.It is that my header, the woman who does not give for more.I have them adjusting.But adjusting.Come on, I shed 26 and have 28 in case something is wasted when I open a new one.I get it on the Social Security card and when I ask in the pharmacy if the recipe is never loaded because it hurries it to the maximum so that it does not take advantage of me.If children yes, the thing is like this.Between the rods and insulin, this woman believes that I love being diabetic or that I am for fun.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
02/03/2011 10:52 a.m.

Joer .. what is a vital treatment .. that cannot be adjusted in that !!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/03/2011 11:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

: Shock :: Shock: ...... hallucinated I keep what Victor tells, in your case I would put a full -fledged complaint by God, insulin doses can vary as we all know and cannot adjust you so much ..... As Regina says is a treatment that we cannot do without any time .....

DiabetesForo
02/03/2011 11:08 a.m.

Marrotro, as TNT purges each pen that starts with 4-5 insulin units, always pointing up.
Every time you click and use a new needle (which is what you should do) purge with 1 insulin unit pointing up

Victor, there is no problem is to take advantage of those remains of insulin ... I had the same doubt to my educara and the 2 answered the same thing ... that if I did not care more about a puncture there was no inconvenience... always keep the dose and schedule, of course.

DiabetesForo
02/03/2011 1:52 p.m.

To my "only" the reactive strips for the glucometer, insulin recipes make me the ones they want.

Tremendous what you are telling ... being a disease where you can not run out of treatment, being a disease where the doses of treatment are variable ... what you are telling is very strong ... rationing insulin ... tremendous...

DiabetesForo
02/03/2011 2:05 p.m.

Well, that's how I stayed: Shock: When he told me that as I shed 26 that puts me 28 for what can be lost, above as if I was doing a favor.And as I told you in another post, when they changed the new treatment with Apidra put me a bad face and told me it was very expensive.Send eggs, so it is not convenient to get in type 1 because they are two insulin and I am very expensive for society.Marinera fabric.Thank you for solving the doubt as always, it is that the other day I was with that problem and from here to ask the endocrine we are ready, I knew that here my problem would be solved before.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
02/03/2011 2:23 p.m.

Thank you very much for responding.It is that my header, the woman who does not give for more.I have them adjusting.But adjusting.Come on, I shed 26 and have 28 in case something is wasted when I open a new one.I get it on the Social Security card and when I ask in the pharmacy if the recipe is never loaded because it hurries it to the maximum so that it does not take advantage of me.If children yes, the thing is like this.Between the rods and insulin, this woman believes that I love being diabetic or that I am for fun.

Hi Victor:

A question is she who puts the treatment to you or you go to an endocrine and then tell her how much she has to prescribe?

If she is the one who puts it to you, I say nothing.But if it is the endocrine, could you not tell you that you get more, for example 32 units?Thus you would have a margin.

It's an idea, don't get much attention to me if you don't want ...

In my case, when I only click Lantus (once a day) I did squeeze and left if I didn't have enough in a pen.Now that I also use Novorapid and I have to click four times a day, step.If there is not enough, I undo it and use another.

nella's profile photo
nella
02/04/2011 3:48 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaa,
Victor, it is very strong what you tell, that insulin rack you, come on, unfortunate, they don't put me in for anything, they give me the strips that I want, we go that no problems so far.
The other day comments the educator about insulin, which is expired per month, and he told me that no problem using outside the date, is that I put me so little insulin a lot lasts a ball, I do not per monthI get rid of it, unless I didn't have a rare color
Greetingsssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
02/04/2011 6:55 a.m.

Well, be careful because it loses as intensity, I for a while did not throw it a month and it didn't work for me the same so I started throwing them just a month even if I had half a pen.

DiabetesForo
02/04/2011 7:01 a.m.

Thanks Prado,
I have not noticed anything weird, but I will take it into account
Greetingsssss,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
02/04/2011 7:38 a.m.

Hi Nella, the insulin dose has put them a new endocrine that was at the beginning of January, but since the header had a bad treatment, because I treated me as type 2 and in reality I am type 1. So when when when whenI arrive with the new treatment and telling him that the endocrine has been since I am type 1 and that he was treated as type 2, because he gave him a lot of courage, moreover, he searched between the papers to see if I put if I am type 1 because I did not believe me.Luckily, in the report that the endo gave me if I had since I am type 1. The situation has not yet been missing, because in the event that it is so, I no longer pass one.I will complain where I have to complain, that is fine, so many privileges for some and for us to give us.: x: x

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
02/05/2011 8:46 a.m.

The truth is that sometimes a@ runs into doctors who think they have studied that career for doing something or the prestige that gives them that way.
This woman seems to be convenient for you to be type II for the budget and have given her a patatus when she see that you are type I because she will be unbridled.
You do well to say "So far we have arrived" and complain everything you have to complain and if necessary in writing.
The endocrine puts the doses on the computer and leaves in my file in the health center.But if for a casual, I see myself in the need to vary the dose, my header doctor has no inconvenience in modifying it and adapting it to my new needs and I think it should be like that everywhere our healthIt should not be conditioned either to numbers or budgets and you have to make it see that lady.

nella's profile photo
nella
02/07/2011 5:08 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.