7 -year debut

dsrodri's profile photo   02/05/2011 6:15 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am the mother of a child who has debuted two and a half months ago.Thanks to my stealth and my sixth sense has not had ketoacidosis or has had to enter the ICU.The truth is that since they discharged us I have already taken a lot of experience in this diabetes, when leaving the hospital he had gastroenteritis, then tonsillitis with a 40 -and -UF fever ... UF that difficult, you cannot start with a worse foot.I would like to ask those who are already veterans which antibiotics you give to your children.Thank you very much for being there.See you more often in these places.

dsrodri's profile photo
dsrodri
02/05/2011 6:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the Club !!!Here another mother has been seven years old.
And I see that the debut has been good, it is true that as in children the symptoms are very evident and very fast, many do not pass through the ICU, in our case it was also so, the endo told us that it was very good ...
With respect to antibiotics, few have used, amoxicillin fundamentally, but we are in principle what the doctor prescribes you, no? ... With respect to anti -inflammatory we gave him Junifen, which is the same as the Dalsy, but without sugar, orparacetamol...
There is a thread of parents in the forum, in the section I look for someone ..., in case you want to pass, we write a few with the same problem, there you can comment doubts and contribute experiences.

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/06/2011 4:28 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Welcome

Normally, it is better to take the most effective antibiotic and cure the disease.Glycemia will be controlled after ... if the antibiotic raises glycemia levels, more self -analysis is made and corrected with ultra -granted.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/06/2011 1:08 p.m.

Thank you very much Velia and Owash for your welcome.The truth is that the pediatrician prescribed what he always took for those cases, Azithromycin (since the child is allergic to penicillin, so we do not give him amoxicillin) but I realized that the syrup had enough sucrose and scared.Then I ran to my doctor and prescribed the antibiotic but in pills and very well.Also for ibuprofen and paracetamol fever.

dsrodri's profile photo
dsrodri
02/08/2011 6:10 p.m.

Welcome, Dsrodri.

Health and a kiss to the little one.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/09/2011 9:48 a.m.

Welcome Dsrodri!
I also had gastrontontelis shortly after debuting, sometimes the surprises come one behind another.
As Owash says, the antibiotic/medication is better to take it even if the blood glucose (then is corrected with more insulin units) than waiting for it to recover only from the infection or emferity (that that is going to upload the glycemiah..
A health !!

Cristina's profile photo
Cristina
02/09/2011 9:49 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.