{'en': 'How to mitigate hunger?', 'es': 'Como mitigar el hambre?'} Image

How to mitigate hunger?

elenah's profile photo   02/07/2011 4:32 a.m.

Hello,

My name is Elena and I am 33 years old.5 days ago I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, I am carrying a diet of 2000 calories, which is not bad, but still a lot of hunger, especially between food and dinner.

What can I do to make the matter more bearable?

They have told me that when the insulin doses regulate me, the feeling of hunger will decrease.

Greetings!

elenah's profile photo
elenah
02/07/2011 4:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Elena, welcome to the forum.
Do you have a problem of overweight? ... Is it that the diets by system I do not just understand it ... In any case, you can take some low -fat joy, turkey, york ham, some fresh cheese (nowIt is also misleading and semi, nothing to do with normal, but well, to deceive the stomach serves), those foods are practically free of HC, s.
Anyway, if you continue like that, I would talk to the endo or the educator, that you increase the transactions, or to change them so you can eat more often.

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/07/2011 4:58 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Velia, I have no overweight and this diet put it to control what such as and I could adjust the dose of insulin, or so they told me. Anyway I have to see the educator on Thursday, so I will be told to see whatHe tells me, thank you for your answer

elenah's profile photo
elenah
02/07/2011 5:19 a.m.

Welcome Elenah.

If you have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a few days ago and you just have the treatment for days it is more or less normal what you say it happens to you ... if it has been a more or less "normal" debut you will come from a few months where you haveThere has been an insulin deficit and in which there has been due weight loss among other things that since there is not enough insulin even if there is a lotAnd that makes you lose weight (but in a somewhat dangerous way ...).

While stabilizing you, try to maintain the greatest constant number (schedules, diet, ...) it is even normal to put a diet with more calories than you normally need to replace the body of the time immediately before the debut, you will see howWhen you are out of the hospital (if you are admitted) your diet may be 1800 calories and not the 2000 calories you have right now and they will be enough.

Quiet because the feeling of hunger will spend in a very short time although if you notice that there is a lot of hunger to comment to the educator or the endocrine (maybe they tell you that you have melted even if that implies one more puncture).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/07/2011 5:45 a.m.

To my TB I was given a 2000 kcal diet when I debuted.The first day, that I spent at home before going to the hospital, I was not able to eat everything because I already had acetosis, so I went to the hospital and they entered me.

Of course, as soon as the stomach pain went by, I spent the week that was at the hospital wishing all the time that the time of dinner, snack, breakfast, food, the one that was ...
How hungry !!!That's how I took the weight again, they could already bring me something that I did not like, I ate it the same :))

But after that week, I had all that hunger, echo, I had to lower the kcal of the diet because I was not able to eat so much.Now I will walk more or less at 1500 or 1700, but I no longer follow it, I just count the hydrates ...

I guess if you have been 5 days, something similar will happen to you ...

DiabetesForo
02/07/2011 7:28 a.m.

What can I do to make the matter more bearable?

Eat more fat.

DiabetesForo
02/18/2011 6:39 p.m.

There are tricks ... For example, when you enter the appetite, take a gum in your mouth.
Many times the appetite appears precisely when we have hyperglycemia, that is, if you measure you, you have insulin and try Autoconvencer that you will eat later.Then, as glucose lowers the appetite disappears and you don't think about chopping.
If you enter appetite, do not eat sugary things: get an apple or slices of ham or something that is not rich in carbohydrates that can satisfy you.
Exercise.The execution ends with anxiety.

You can also put insulin and eat, but it is not very convenient to abuse insulin because it gives appetite and you would enter a vicious circle: I put insulin, as, I enter appetite, I put insulin, as, I get a appetite ...

I hope they are useful!:)

ManuLC92's profile photo
ManuLC92
03/22/2011 8:54 p.m.

@elenah I debut last year and as you gave me a 1700cal diet along with insulin ... I ate the walls .... They uploaded it to 2000.But it came from eating a brutality for 3 months and the stomach had been made to that amount of food.
I spend hunger 15 days like the diabetic presbyopy, then I get used to it and now I think about 1500 lime or so (13 portions).Recover 2 kg when I started with diet and insulin.

I mitigated hunger thinking that in 3 hours I would eat again and with infusions.If you keep your mind busy in other things, hunger forgotten a little.

The diet has served me to calculate because they traced me against HC rations to learn.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/19/2016 2:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I debuted pregnant, (I always rare it, I got the sugar out of pregnancy a few months and I had not heard), I would not know what I ate, but more than 5000 or 6000 kcal a day for sure, in addition to theThe day, at night I got 600 ml of milk with an entire toast package or sometimes 2. It was inhuman, I had a stomach like a soccer field.And suddenly 2000 kcal diet, I went into shock.The first days I cried and knelt on nights supplicating a cookie.I spent a horrible week, then you get used to.Today is the day like a lot, but I can.A trick, I make a vegetable soup, and I always have the fridge, simple and with pieces (do not pump or vegetables with a lot of sugar), and when I have that attack I put a super bowl, so the sugar in order and myHappy Glotone Tag.
\ m/

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/21/2016 11:42 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Hunger was mitigated a bit over time.But then I turned and here we are ... if it were for me I would eat enough every 2 hours

Nila's profile photo
Nila
04/21/2016 2:26 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Well, I have recently discovered that with a handful of nuts and a good glass of water, the anxiety of hunger calms you;Ami gives me glitter just think about it ...
The nuts have little carbohydrate (100g are 3.8 g of HC) but many calories, that's why a handful ... if I didn't finish the package.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/02/2016 1:32 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have always had "diet" of 2000-2500 kcal, even I think I have ingested until more, but of course everything was in proportion to a sports goal and the realization of this.It is not possible, to do only 3 meals, whether diabetic or not, it is healthier to eat in several shots per day and proportionate to only 3 times, it is not necessary to have to be pulling insulin to eat distributed.Avoid anxiety, the stomach does not feel that state of vacuum, also if you do that will also help control that impulse to eat everything.The reality is that they usually put some kcal but that is orientative, since as we all know every day you do not eat the same or the same amount, each one has to have their common sense and the discipline that this disease entails.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/02/2016 10:26 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Hunger is mitigating eating.

I get more 25 rations of HC every day and as of everything.With the sport I do or revive the fridge or dead.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/02/2016 11:47 p.m.

Well, I'm pregnant right now and the hunger theme I have become an expert haha
What @ruthbia says ... a handful of nuts, or peanuts, or olives.I make a peck and it doesn't affect glycemia at all.
And basic, the 5 or 6 meals a day ...

pikelinda's profile photo
pikelinda
06/03/2016 11:04 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 2015 tipo 2/Mody??
Controlada con dieta y ejercicio
Ultima hemo: 5.5

I lately when I can't endure, I open a tuna/ beautiful jar in oil with 1/2 ration of bread and I stay very satiated, I know it is not a meal with a lot of grace but it fills a lot ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/03/2016 3:45 p.m.

It is true that you have to educate the stomach.I had it accustomed to a lot of food, that is, big, and when the diet lost me so much that the first 15 days went hungry despite eating 6 times a day.
Then the stomach is tiny and well.
There are days that if I have a row, the nuts.... Total what weight 3 kg more than I want to take off and there is no way

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/04/2016 2:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I am hungry like, then I know what touches, sport or insulin.I try to eat something else when I have training, and eat something rich of more when training is hard.I usually take advantage of these situations.
I have finally left the gels almost completely in the sport, I swell to eat that if, as little by little but I do not stop.In running it is where I have to pull the damn gels if the roll is long, but about 45 min before some slow average abosorption and when I go up I train.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/04/2016 9:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Try to limit the consumption of processed and high foods in saturated fats, these foods can increase blood sugar levels and contribute to the development of cardiovascular diseases, which are more common in people with diabetes.

rosa3's profile photo
rosa3
11/15/2023 2:58 a.m.

http://www.psicotipsve.com/

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.