Insulin and pregnancy bomb

minsua's profile photo   02/07/2011 5:08 a.m.

Good morning!: This is my second pregnancy.In the first one I have placed the bomb, already quite advanced, and the controls were not the most desirable, although I am convinced than better than if I did not use it.In this second they have already placed it within a few weeks, and the truth is that I am delighted.Now I am 6 months, and the control begins to make a little more complicated, even without being talking about overflowing figures.But I have had to increase the basal and the ratio of the bowling.I would like to know experiences of mothers in my same situation.Thanks in advance.All the best

minsua's profile photo
minsua
02/07/2011 5:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome, Minsua: d
I can't help you much with pregnancy, but I suppose the requirements can change depending on the gestation period in which you are ... the best of all is that with bomb those changes are much more precise, as you sayis to adjust basal.
Congratulations on your pregnancy.
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/07/2011 5:15 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Because of how little I understand, it is in the third quarter when more insulin is needed, because the baby demands more when growing, or something ...
What do you have now?Anyway, Taty of the forum can help you, since she has children, and I think she had the pump on

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/07/2011 6:10 a.m.

Because of how little I understand, it is in the third quarter when more insulin is needed, because the baby demands more when growing, or something like that ...
What do you have now?Anyway, Taty of the forum can help you, since she has children, and I think she had the pump on

Hi Kekiya: The truth is that with the bomb I am very happy and in the last analysis of about 3 weeks the hemoglobin was 6.2.Thanks for your answers.All the best

minsua's profile photo
minsua
02/07/2011 6:26 a.m.

Hello everyone !!I do not usually enter here, except when I have a ratillo and I have doubts, which are many !!I have been insulin bomb since February because my endocrine advised me to be able to get pregnant.I have to say that I do not finish catching the quiet to this and after two months, of 8 that I had only lowered to 7.5 and my endocrine has told me that not everyone is going to the bomb, which I stillIt was one of those people and then, of pregnancy that I forgot, that I did not advise me at all.Can you imagine my mood?Every time he had review, everything revolved around the bomb, little more than was miraculous.If it is true, that from the beginning I did not make me the idea of ​​carrying a 24 -hour device stuck to me, but think on the other hand that I was going to achieve my dream of being a mom, I did not have to think much more.
Now I carry the bomb, my hem does not lower what I should, I don't know what failure and my endocrine goes and tells me that I am not the profile to carry a bomb.Is there any guidelines, guide or someone who can guide me?I just want to lower my hemo, for now, and then you will see.Thanks in advance.I did not think that writing and venting here relieved so much.

María's profile photo
María
04/24/2011 1:40 p.m.

Let's see Mary, the first welcome and do not be afraid to raise all your doubts, here we are to learn and to help with our experience.
After two months with the bomb you have managed to lower the hem half point so you are on the right track, you have been logical that you still have no well -adjusted the guideline.Why does the endocrine tell you that you are not a candidate to carry a bomb after having put it ??????: Shock: Are you not able to help you adjust the guideline?: Shock:
If you want you can put the basal you have scheduled and your measurements and we are giving you some idea among all, but first of all do not discourage yourself as soon as you wish is to have a child do not give up your dream.The bomb is not miraculous needs a constant job but you have a very important motivation.
Come on: Dying and continues to tell us how you feel and the doubts you have .....;)

Kisses

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/24/2011 3:28 p.m.

Holassss

In 2 months, lowering the glying half -point is not bad ... You just need to adjust a bit basal and bolus to establish around 6.5%.
It is affordable that in next glycosylated you have dropped from 7, only doing the same as now .... so if you improve a little it is feasible that in 6 months you are in 6.5%

The bomb is recommended for pregnancies ... By law, so what Endo has said is nonsense.
As Prado says what he has to do is work with you to improve the pump settings.

Why don't you try the educator?Let's see if she can adjust you a little more?

DiabetesForo
04/25/2011 3:55 a.m.

Hello!!
Mine is educator and the kid is very nice.He also does not understand why the endocrine does not varies the pattern of the basal and insists that having night climb from 4 in the morning by general norm, the basal would rise in that section but that everything is giving the endocrine consent.And the endocrine, keeps the basal.This week I have to go, on Thursday, to see what he tells me.
My bowling are 4/6/4 and one more unit for each section that exceeds me 50 in 50, from 130. That is, I get up with 150 in the morning, I have to put 5 units.
The rations weight or measure with the glass.At breakfast I take 1 ration of milk and 2r of flours.In food, 6r of flour, 2r of fruit 1 of vegetables and 2 proteins.At dinner, 2 flour and 2r of fruits, 1 vegetables and 2 proteins.Mid -morning and mid -afternoon I don't take anything.
This is the guideline that I carry in bowling and rations.
How do you see it?Thank you.

María's profile photo
María
04/25/2011 8:34 a.m.

Well, in my modest opinion you should adjust the basal, it is very important to have it well tight and with the bomb you have many possibilities, if your endocrine after two months has you with a unique basal 24 hours a day because what does the bomb put you for??????????????It has no logic.

DiabetesForo
04/25/2011 11:20 a.m.

Hello everyone:
Last Thursday I went to the endocrine.The basal has uploaded at night, so now I put 0.90 from twelve o'clock at night until 7 in the morning and 0.85 of 7 in the morning until 24 at night and it seems that now I get upbetter.I do not get to 90-100 but in 130-140, yes.Now it is not the 200 onwards with which I got up.I know I'm still on my way, but little by little.I don't know, but I feel very relieved by writing to you and knowing that someone reads me.I give you all and all.All the best.

María's profile photo
María
05/03/2011 6:33 p.m.

Maria, I'm glad your values ​​are better.What I do not understand is why the endo has to move the basal ... I see it easy, if you always get up with those figures, I would increase the basal of 5 to 7 by 0.5 or 0.10 units.And ready ... but well, little by little ... a lot of encouragement and keep telling.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/05/2011 7:39 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello!!
On Tuesday I have to go to the educator and I will tell him to see how he sees him, although the boy advises but never changes the doses.I have to wait for my June 2 that is when I have an appointment with the endocrine and tell him.Thanks for your help.

María's profile photo
María
05/14/2011 4:55 a.m.

Hello,

Maria I hope that in the end everything was fine and you are already in it!If so, you could tell your experience! 🤗

I am pregnant recently and my values ​​are getting out of control and I have an average of 150 during the day because I do not stop hyperglycemia.I am based on correcting all day .. It is as if the basal during the day did not take effect.From what I thought about the bomb, would you recommend it?

caRmeN85's profile photo
caRmeN85
05/16/2021 7:37 a.m.

DM1 desde Mayo 2020 (36 años). Lápices de insulina: Lantus/ Humalog
Vivo en Barcelona.
HbA1c 5,5% (Marzo 2021)
Freestyle 2

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.