Cover cannula

anabel's profile photo   02/07/2011 9:26 a.m.

Hello, my question is whether you protect the pump cannula at the time of the shower or bathroom.We use a dressing, it is a transparent film so that the cannula does not get wet.Is it necessary?
All the best.

anabel's profile photo
anabel
02/07/2011 9:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello,

I carry the Acu-Check bomb (the previous one) but I think the same spare parts are worth.In the needles that I use there is a little tapper to cover the shower or bathroom.When I take a shower, I don't always cover it, if I bathe or go to anything always.

tica's profile photo
tica
02/07/2011 9:40 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I take her from Medtronic and I take a shower to put only the caps that the reservoir brings but well I only have been put with the bomb and I do not know if it is better to protect it better, but I do so I have not had a problem.

jorss's profile photo
jorss
02/07/2011 9:52 a.m.

I also take her from Medtronic and it is not necessary to protect him or cover the cannula, I never did it at least for the shower, another thing is the beach or pool because you can take off and you may need to cover it.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/07/2011 10:19 a.m.

I also carry her from Medtronic and it is not necessaryIt can take you off and you may need to cover it.

I say that ... when bathing in the pool or beach, will we have to protect the canula with something, so that it does not obstruct/spoil with the salt or with the chlorine. What do you protect it?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/07/2011 3:10 p.m.

My catheter brings a lid that puts it when you disconnect it, I have never put it ... but if you spend a lot of time in the water you can use it.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/07/2011 3:16 p.m.

Well, we put the lid and the dressing on top, but last night I read and shower only with the lid and without problems.I guess the beach or pool will be another story to be more time in the water.
Greetings and thanks.

anabel's profile photo
anabel
02/08/2011 2:54 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.