NEW!!and five years with type 1 diabetes

Cristina's profile photo   02/07/2011 1:23 p.m.

Hello everyone, the first thing to tell you that I have been read you for a long time .. and as the issues you are trying are very useful (in addition to the good treatment between foreros;)) I have had no other than registering, although it has cost me because I wasIt costs to express myself well in writing, you will notice haha

Well where I start haha ​​.. I debuted with 13 years and entered the hospital with 500 sugar (an XD substitute).From then on I was treating me with insulin, Actrapid Innolet, at the meals and Lantus at night. At the meals I did not follow any kind of rationing or tables, all by eye.The first two years tried to regulate the best that I could (my hemoglobins were between 5 and 6.6 ..), but the third or so (if I remember correctly) I left, I almost never got the sugar and thatyear (well rather quarter) I got a hemoglobin of 7 and peak.After this I "agreed" and began to measure the sugar more times a day especially in the pre and post.And from there my doctor changed the insulin, now I use the novorapid at meals (6 at breakfast, 5 - 7 at food, 4 -6 at dinner) and Lantus solostar at night (11 units).My last hemoglobin was 5.6, apparently normal, or great as my doctor says ...

Well, the case is despite that my hemoglobins do not pass the 7, I am a little scared because I have continuous tingling by the body, even when I have normal sugar.I told the doctor and he told me that while he had a hemoglobin below 7 there are no complications and that those tingling could be depressed to a loss of sugar (which I have also had them sometimes when I had the sugar below 40, but notThey are like that).In addition, several times I have woken up in the middle of the night with half of the sleeping body, and it is not the typical tingling of when you sleep a little a leg no, it hurts more.Being with my legs crossed, for example, I don't realize but at 5 minutes I don't feel the knee leg down.
I do not know, but I think it has all the symptoms of a diabetic neuropathy or foot, even though my feet are visually well, as much I have dryness in my heels.

What do you think?The truth is I try to control the best I can but I never be more than three or four days with the level of sugar between 60 and 150 (which is what the doctor recommends as a maximum) and the case is my hemoglobins are normal..

I think my biggest problem is that I don't have a good diabetic education, because my doctor no matter how much I ask him almost nothing and it is frustrated ahhhhhh haha ​​haha
I try to eat as healthy as I can, but since every day I do not have the same appetite or as exactly the same .. because the "by eye" method is making me a little majaraa, and the issue of the portions I have searched for severaltimes online (even for the forum) but I don't clarify .. and then .. I also do sports, even sometimes with the exams I can throw myself two weeks locked up .. but I usually do pilates, aerobic exercises .. and even if it is walking orGo up and down xD stairs

And today, five years later from my debut, I have to say that I am a sea of ​​doubts in this diabetes and I know that you will help me, even if it is a little Aja.I will be delighted with readers and share experiences: D

Cristina's profile photo
Cristina
02/07/2011 1:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

oh I think I've rolled too hahaha

Cristina's profile photo
Cristina
02/07/2011 1:24 p.m.

Hello Cristina

Welcome to the forum.

What you tell the legs I do not think it is neuropathy ... your legs are simply sleeped, nothing more.
It also happens to me, I have the mania to sit on a folded leg and after a while I can almost not put it on the floor, when you recover the circulation it passes ...

In your hospital there is no educator nurse?Endos like to talk to patients (in general), without an analytical one in front of them have no conversation issue;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/07/2011 3:43 p.m.

Hi Owash !!
The safest thing is that you are right :).
I am a little hypochondriaca :)) but lately I fall asleep frequently, especially at night, although it sleeps completely straight.Well I guess the best solution is always to control better!

As for the educator .. it turns out that the endocrine I am going is not in a hospital but in a specific consultation, but I will talk to him to see if he recommends someone.

Thanks for answering;)!

Cristina's profile photo
Cristina
02/08/2011 9:41 a.m.

Welcome home, Cristina

DiabetesForo
02/08/2011 11:45 a.m.

Welcome Cristina, I am diabetic for 10 years and well, the first years you are very aware of everything, you do many tests and such, but over time you are leaving it and that is what happened to me that until recently I haveState 2 years or so with 8 and 9 of hemoglobin ..

From this last analytical I have decided to take care of more and join this forum as you have done and the truth is as everything I have read has helped me.

Regarding what you say that your legs fall asleep, what happens to me is that when I have the high sugar I notice my legs tired and sometimes I need to move 1 little because it seems that I get stunted, I do not think it is veryNormal but that is why I try not to climb 200 already .. xD

I hope that yours is simply passenger and follow everything well as you say =)

Come 1 greeting and take care of yourself!

Enrike89's profile photo
Enrike89
02/08/2011 10:46 p.m.

Welcome Cristina,

I think that the legs is not related to diabetes and less with the little time you have been and with the hem so good you have.My sister, who is not diabetic, was the same thing and after a long look they discovered that she had her back badly and that is why her legs slept.I do not want to say that you have the same, but many times when we go to the doctor and you tell him that you are diabetic, no more reason is sought, any evil can be a consequence of diabetes (or at least they think many doctors think:-/)

tica's profile photo
tica
02/09/2011 2:56 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello everyone !!Every time I get into the forum I want to take care of myself: D
Enrike you are right, Vees costs to be aware of the diabetes and you leave, in my case, they give me gusts that I take it very very seriously, measuring me more than 8 times a day, eating healthy, doing sports, but there comes a timeThat I relax and when I return to it I already have the sugar that looks like a roller coaster .. suddenly 200 or 300 figures appear, I get scared, and then I will be strict again :))
Much enrike encouragement, I think it is not necessary to be very strict or pass everything, little by little, the key is to measure sugar and try with insulin units according to meals, one adjustment here another here..;

Hi, Tica!Well now that you say it .. my back is quite regular, I think I'm going to have to buy a new mattress .. hahaha
It is also true that when I have the high sugar (apart from getting unbearable) my hands and feet swell, or when doing sports ... but I think that will always be like that.

ahh, a question, do hemoglobin do it by analytics?or with a puncture on the finger?I haven't done an analytical for a long time ..

I have a motion of things to comment haha, but I will write to you later!
Greetings ;)

Cristina's profile photo
Cristina
02/09/2011 9:03 a.m.

Ah by the way, Enrike, I've been reading your comment on your beginnings in diabetes.And on the theme of the shame .. I was the same at first, I put me reddish when someone offered me chucherias or something with sugar ... and when in science class examples of diabetes were given (earth swallow me hahaha) or in a simplefood .. now I have no problem saying that I am diabetics (it is better for peopleI am outdoors .. There is no choice :))
I was shaped more than anything because then they started asking: "And why has it" "and not eat anything sugar?""What ssupplice, I couldn't .." "And don't you drink anything?""And your xq no ..?".. But then you realize that you are not the only diabetic in the world and that it is something of the most "normal", it may once hide it "but especially among people who do not know almost (five minutes after five minutesThey forget that I am Diabetica Ajaj), but we are among all my family, friends, acquaintances, colleagues .. without problems;)

Cristina's profile photo
Cristina
02/09/2011 9:22 a.m.

ahh, a question, do hemoglobin do it by analytics?or with a puncture on the finger?I haven't done an analytical for a long time ..

I have always done glycosylated hemoglobins taking blood, I have heard/read recently (possibly in this forum) that there is the possibility of doing them with a drop of blood (just like glycemia) but I have never seen it, they also comment thatDoing it in that way does not have the same precision as taking blood but well ... even with error as approximation, it would also be that the matter would be generalized taking it to pharmacies (glyds with a drop of blood).

DiabetesForo
02/09/2011 9:38 a.m.

Go!Well, since I debuted, I have not done any hemoglobin drawing blood ... the endocrine told me that it was better like that, that it "punished" less the arm.
There is enough difference .. a droplet of blood, that a full syringe.I almost prefer that they get blood, that you can also look at many more things ..

Cristina's profile photo
Cristina
02/09/2011 9:55 a.m.

Cristina you have given on the nail, for good control it is essential to measure the glucose and the more you better control you are going to get, measure the glucose not to sign up in the booklet and already, measure to make decisions and to constantly learn.The self -control is vital.
As for hemoglobin because they always do it with hair blood, except when I carry analytics that is usually once a year.Hemoglobin calculated with the machine (capillary blood) usually gives a little higher, between 0.3 or 0.4.

DiabetesForo
02/09/2011 10:07 a.m.

Hello,

In my case, having exceeded 5 years, they analyze me every 6 months (with their corresponding visit to the endo).The fact is that the puncture is not only to obtain the glycosilated but also a hemogram with which the health (in broad strokes) of the patient can be checked, at least in my case, when they get me blood they take 2 tubes(or 3 sometimes) and the corresponding urine test (1 time a year).The truth is that if they have already punctured me, I don't care if they get 2 or 6 tubes.The only advantage that I see at the test with "Machinita" is to make you some analysis and have the visit to the endocrine 6 months later (for example).

Lew's profile photo
Lew
02/09/2011 12:47 p.m.

Obviously the function of capillary hemoglobin is to know it when you have not done analysis, it is normal that if you have no added problem, with an analytics a year it is enough and in the rest of visits to the endo because a capillary hem to see how you are going, at least here is how they work.

DiabetesForo
02/09/2011 12:59 p.m.

Heeeelou!mmm .. Well, in my case, I go to the endocrine every 3 months approx.And in the same consultation they make me the capillary hemoglobin in a minute (while I am in the waiting room).At the moment they have not sent me any analytics, but I think I will make a soon, that I am curious about the state of cholesterol, iron, and those things !!

Cristina's profile photo
Cristina
02/09/2011 3:57 p.m.

It is clear that on each side they do it in a way.In my case, until last year they made me analytical every year with the corresponding visit, now they analyze me every 6 months and visit the endo (which is usually a week after the analytics), if the glycosilada passes from 7 he told me theEndo that I would have visits every 3 months (I suppose that in this case it will not send me analysis every 3 months, I see it a little nonsense, to if they would use the apparatus that)

The first analysis of the year are usually hemogram + glycosylated and the following include urine.Visit to the ophthalmologist once a year.I suppose that as there is a lot of obese diabetic, the hemogram also serves to keep control of the diet and control if the person is eating correctly (with cholesterol, for example).

I also suppose the thing will be different for type II.

Lew's profile photo
Lew
02/09/2011 5:22 p.m.

Since I debuted I have always made analytics every 6 months, they take 2 or 3 tubes and have a couple of folios with all the results, in addition to the urine every year.
I really like it like that because in addition to knowing how you have hemoglobin you are more controlled for everything else in general.

As for the shame Cristina, it is what you say, they always ask you things and soon forget that you are diabetic, hehe.And I always punctuate my bathroomI wanted to get up .. hahaha.The truth is the scheme every day is giving me the same to click on people.
Also before, I didn't want people to see me 1 sugar test, and now it gives me exactly the same.In addition, I tell you if you want to try to get 1 test :)

Now I'm looking and thinking about putting the bomb, I don't know if I can try it for a season and if I don't like to return to the Lantus and apidra how I'm going now .. hehe

Come 1 greeting!

Enrike89's profile photo
Enrike89
02/09/2011 6:12 p.m.

Well, Enrique, if your endocrine recommends the bomb, do not hesitate to try, I assure you that you will not return to the feathers but if you did not like you, you could return to Lantus and Apidra, without problem.The bomb is from the hospital so you would only have to return it.

DiabetesForo
02/10/2011 4:42 a.m.

The analytics are important and not only collect glycosilada ... It is also very important to make thyroid screening (TSH, T4 ...), cholesterol, triglycerides ... that cardiovascular risk is not only in high blood glucose ...
At least 1 time, thyroid and lipid markers must be made.

DiabetesForo
02/10/2011 12:07 p.m.

Welcome

josealmeri's profile photo
josealmeri
02/16/2011 4:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.