Help to create control and learning software

Azahara's profile photo   02/09/2011 2:41 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am doing my end of the career (Ing. Tec. Industrial).The project is a software with which you can learn to control diabetes, in which glucose measures, meals etc, and that guide us in the amount of insulin we need, that we should eat, personal care, personal care, personal care, personal care, personal care.Alerts, historical data to calculate glycemia stockings, to do if ..., in short, a little help in the learning process, which during the last years I have seen that it is quite hard and heavy.

What I need from you is simple,

A historical data with the following: (One month is fine)

Sensitivity factor
daily glycemia
Insulin units injected with each meal and slow
province
month in which the data has been taken
No personal data, only the indicated, the more data more efficient will be my program.

Once finished, to everyone who wishes I will send you the program to evaluate it, try it and put the hits you consider, and make me reach your opinion.

Thank you very much in advance

Azahara's profile photo
Azahara
02/09/2011 2:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Porfi a little help, so that my program is efficient I need many data tables.

Azahara's profile photo
Azahara
03/07/2011 2:01 p.m.

I would like to be able to collaborate, in principle it would not be difficult since in recent months I have been quite above diabetes and the data that you ask more or less to have them but I have that data in a paper notebook, not inDigital support (spreadsheet or similar) and are quite a few data ... A calculation to the eye could be something like:

7 daily controls x 30 days
+
4 injections per day x 30 days
+
Notes (in extra control plan for feeling low or extra injection to correct an important deviation)

Quietly, 350 data could be a full month being with a basal-bolus treatment (something like Lantus + Apidra) making 3 daily meals.
Whoever is with some puncture more pq menda or PQ is with an insulin such as a levemir or for both things will still have more data in a single month.

Personally, I have to "digitize" everything, have to pass all that data to something like a spreadsheet without even having a template (when it maybe that format is uncomfortable for you and then pass it to the program).

Maybe there are people in the forum that points those normal things on a spreadsheet and already has the "work" or maybe there are people who have a cable that allows the glucometer data to be overturned as to the computer.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/07/2011 2:39 p.m.

Hello Azahara:

Very interesting, I give class in engineering and I want to ask you if it is intended to make predictive software, that is, look for glycemia patterns based on time, activity, of course hydrates, disease, menstruation, etc.I ask you why I think that diabetes is a bit an exercise of divination, especially in children.
For example, when exercising, depending on the activity, there are people with a tendency to glycemia a time later, this must be taken into account when estimating the dose calculation.

Is it intended to implement that on some portable device, such as a mobile phone?
I recommend two books that I have put in another thread, they are called Using insulin and Think Like a Pancreas , there you can see the theme of the carbohydrate factor, sensitivity, etc.

All the best

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
03/07/2011 3:15 p.m.

Hello,

I also a similar program in the project subject (not as a end of career) the truth is that it gives a lot of play and I had several teachers willing to address the project on this topic.But in the end I did not do it, because when you finish the race on the interviews they will focus on your PFC (it is the only thing they have to ask you) and the truth is that it happened that they found out in the interview that it was diabetic (now I haveThree years in the same company and everyone knows, but they also know that it does not prevent me from missing work)

I did it in Java, if I find the fountains you spend them (if you give me your email address) in case you can use part.Now I am trying to make an Android application, it seems to me that you can do something very simple for the patient and not waste time to put the data (which is the problem of a complex application)

tica's profile photo
tica
03/08/2011 3:20 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.