Diabetes experts predict more infusors and sensors

fer's profile photo   02/14/2011 5:07 a.m.

Diabetes experts gathered in Barcelona have predicted a future in which the use of infusors and continuous insulin sensors is extended among the sick, during the celebration of the XXVI course in diabetes held at the Clinic Hospital.

Currently between 3 and 4 percent of people with type 1 diabetes use a continuous insulin infusor in Spain, according to Dr. Ignacio Conget of the Endocrinology and Diabetes Service of the Clinic, so the use of infusors together with theContinuous glucose sensors and biological treatment will be extended in the future.

The use of the sensors is indicated for people with type 1 diabetes with multiple doses of insulin that do not get good disease control, although their combination with infusors does not use more than ten people in Spain, Conget recognized.

fer's profile photo
fer
02/14/2011 5:07 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Joer, because in this forum there are a few with a sensor ... and I know 4 more: shock:

Well, I am not as optimistic as Dr.conget ... the economic restrictions will not allow, in the short term, the development of the medium closed measurement and bomb systems.
With the sensors I am more optimistic ... provided there are several laboratories and they are launched to the competition.
In my opinion, the economic cost-benefit of glycemia sensors in type 1 diabetes is huge, far ahead of reactive strips. Although this is a simple personal opinion, without any basis for any studies.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/14/2011 2:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my opinion, the economic cost-benefit of blood glucose sensors in type 1 diabetes is enormous, far ahead of reactive strips. Although this is a simple personal opinion, without any studies basis.

I also believe it, Owash, but the problem is that the administration does not move a finger without having been based on its "totem", which is evidence;The studies.And unfortunately, we still have no bibliography on the matter.But once it is possible to generate some reliable study, and the sensor park grows a little more, the implementation of these will be exponential.And the expense they suppose in maintenance will be reduced in the same proportion.

I am waiting for that moment as May water.This is what I want most for my diabetes.Give me a continuous sensor and I will be happy.Neither bomb nor anything;sensor.

Where I do not agree with Ignacio (I know many seminars of the Diabetes Foundation), it is on the issue that it is only recommended in poorly controlled diabetes.The future of the continuous sensor is not the use that is now given (people with bad control, which are put pump and sensor), but the diabetic in general;An apparatus that exceeds the abilities of the blood meter and that allows a really continuous monitoring, far from the low daily sampling in 3, 5 or 7 points that the diabetics make today, and that by the way, will allow to polish a little more hemoglobins toThe Low.I always compare this theme with digital music.The increase in the resolution of the scanning process sampling provides a much more reliable signal with respect to the original audio from which that digital audio file comes.(UF, what a roll. What's wrong I have explained, Redios).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/17/2011 10:11 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Mr. Conget follows the thesis of thirst ... Those who are well that do not do so many controls that do not need them, but when you are wrong you have to increase the number of controls .........A nonsense: shock: that if one thinks well, it gives to think about the quality of the professionals who attend us, that of endocrinology they know a lot but of diabetology they know very little.

With the theme of the sensors, in recent months I have entered a pessimism phase ... From the negative news of Abbott and his Navigator, I see the darkest panorama that 1-2 years ago.
Nor other models and/ or trademarks seem to advance ... that Israeli technology that measured in their ear:-/, the people of Medtronic (it seemed that they were going to get the same catheter for a bomb and meter inside, but it seems that nothing) ... Roche bets on his conventional meters ...
You review and the truth is that it is unfortunate :(

Or the same happens, that patients are always too fast in our demands/needs ...:-/

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/17/2011 1:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.